You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

djimi gone ...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just dawned on me that we have sold him for almost four times what we paid for him, giving a profit on transfer fees of about £1.5.

Our club sell very few players for more than we paid for them.

Look at his wages over seven years and tell me were the profit is

I'll try again, this time in bold letters:

Just dawned on me that we have sold him for almost four times what we paid for him, giving a profit on transfer fees of about £1.5.

Our club sell very few players for more than we paid for them.

You still have wages just because we bought him for 500k and sold him for 2m you think oh great look at that 1.5m profit on the transfer fee.

Never mind the 7m plus wages he was on.Rick Parry can sleep well knowing your not round the corner.

Don't be a mong. He was being paid wages because he was our employee, and we had need for his services (services without which, I might add, we never would have won Big Ears for keeps).

Guest bigf00t

you act like we've been paying him to just sit at home or some shit...

get a fcuking grip... we made 1.5M profit on the transfer fee and thats that...

Complete rubbish 7-10m for somebody who would not get in a sunday league team.You can all have your opinions on Traore mine is he is in the top 3 worst and i'll stand by that.We should have sold him to Blackburn when they offered 4m 5 years ago then i would have said good deal.

As for this great goal line clearance what if Mellor had not nodded down for SG or Pongolle not got one etc.Yet you give it the he won us the cup behave the peice of shit was a liability

How can you call an honest proffesional who tried his very best for us a piece of shit.You don't rate him fair enough, but why the hatred?

As for this great goal line clearance what if Mellor had not nodded down for SG or Pongolle not got one etc.Yet you give it the he won us the cup behave the peice of shit was a liability

If Mellor hadnt of nodded down and Pongolle not got one?

We wouldnt of won the European cup

What if Gerrard hadnt of scored against the greeks?

What if Garcia and Sami didnt score against Juventus

If traore hadnt of cleared off the line? We wouldnt of won the european cup

You can do that for every game right back to TNS if you really want

Bottom line we wouldnt of done it without him, liability or no liability.

Guest bigf00t
Complete rubbish 7-10m for somebody who would not get in a sunday league team.You can all have your opinions on Traore mine is he is in the top 3 worst and i'll stand by that.We should have sold him to Blackburn when they offered 4m 5 years ago then i would have said good deal.

will you fcuk off, you miserable git...

theres a reason Rafa gave him a new contract last summer... he's a very hard-working player but simply didnt make the cut... it isnt like diao where we've been paying him for the last 3 years without ever playing him...

just generally... fcuk off...

Eh?

Anyway, you've moaned about Rafa giving the lad a new contract last summer - he'd have gone on a free this year if he hadn't.

Give credit where's it's due - he improved so much the season before last and deserved the new contract.

can't see where this hatred has come from

he has been an honest professional for the last 7 years. he's never done anything to warrant this kind of abuse atk. yes, he fucked up a few times, so have plenty of other players, Gerrard for example not back passing to Henry might have got us second, or Alonso not chesting an OG against Brum might have got us second, can continue this all night, on the whole Djimi has been a professional who has made his contributions and doesn't deserve the level of abuse your giving out

As for my hatred it's the fact another one of Houlliers so called greats have walked out of the club with probably 10m in the bank when in my opinion he was one of the worst ever.Yet were up shit creek with dough.

Quite apart from the fact that he was clearly not one of the "worst ever", where are you getting this figure of £10m from?

He spent 7 and a half seasons at the club, one of which was spent on loan. For the first six seasons, as a talented youngster/squad player, I can't see him being on more than £15,000 a week (£750,000 a year). Even assuming that he doubled his wages last summer to a generous £30,000 a week (£1.5m a year), that's still only around £5m in wages over the course of his contract; in other words, half of the figure you are suggesting.

Stop pulling this shit out of your arse.

I agree exactly with what you say.Yes he did clear it off the line but all you get is people saying If it wasn't for him etc.But as you said if the others had not done there bit etc.

What if Djime didn't make that stupid challange against Drogba we would have finished second get what i'm trying to say.

As for my hatred it's the fact another one of Houlliers so called greats have walked out of the club with probably 10m in the bank when in my opinion he was one of the worst ever.Yet were up shit creek with dough.

And by the way i don't blame him for the money i blame Houllier and that horrible board.

The same horrible board that got us Benitez? :whistle:

I knew you would be glad to see him gone. I agree he should have been sold, when Everton were sniffing or to Blackburn.

However it was not his fault we bought him and put him on a salary.

He did give his best, of that there is no doubt.

Two things I will disagree is the Sunday League jibe - that is nuts mate.

Also top three worst - there have been loads worse than Djimi that have passed through.

He did put in decent performances in the red jersey. I think he was not up to the standard required and has been moved on for more than we paid.

Just be happy he is gone.

Maybe he just doesnt like the look of him??

I wont let one bandwagoner spoil my memory of Djimi.

And I wonder how many people who are singing his praises were always the 1st on here to cry about his mistakes and say what a liability he was when he was in the team?

Djimi was (is) a poor footballer, I don't see how there's any getting away from that. I don't quite understand his ATK's anger towards him, but I'm made up he's gone, I was amazed when rafa gave him a new contract, I can't believe we got 2m for him and the only way this will be Djimi's level even at Charlton is if they get in a relegation battle imo.

Laters boys Im off to run around the streets naked.

Yeehaaaaa

:party:

Like I said before I cant believe 2mil is the fee.

Thanks Djimi for the 2nd half of the CL, best luck in the future. You were definately not one of the 3 worst players. Quite good at times but not good enough for our club.