You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dead man's shoes

grazywalker

Brilliant film.One of those films that you only realise is that good because you keep thinking back to it after it has finished.

Paddy Considine is a brilliant actor.He als co wrote it I thinks.

I think I will watch again tonight seeing as the wife is going out.(if I don't end up getting too pissed.

Absolutely class film and me dressing up as the 'elephant' scared a few people at our Halloween party last year.

Also see A Room for Romeo brass by Shane Meadows, which is another great film. Consadine is again extremely good.

Missed this on the cinema, although I really wanted to see it. Will be watching on Film 4 tonight, and after reading these posts I'm looking forward to it.

Wolf Creek was well overrated though.

Shit, wasn't it? The way it ended was so underwhelming, and then it turned out it was only incredibly loosely based on actual events (ie no specific case), so they didn't even have the way the actual case ended as an excuse. No way you'll be disappointed with Dead Man's Shoes, mind - twisted genius.

One of the best films i have ever seen. And the soundtrack is genius as well. There's a hilarious short film on the DVD which is well worth checking out. It stars the lad who plays Richards brother in Dead Mans Shoes as a wannabe wrestler, who finally gets a bout and gets battered.

One of the best films i have ever seen. And the soundtrack is genius as well. There's a hilarious short film on the DVD which is well worth checking out. It stars the lad who plays Richards brother in Dead Mans Shoes as a wannabe wrestler, who finally gets a bout and gets battered.

I have the DVD,watched in again last Saturday on my own with beer and loved it again

did not know about that extra though.Guess I should read the titles then and box.

Finally caught it last night,my box managing to hold out for it this time.

thought it was absolute quality,great twist and just all round brilliance.

Can you imagine being that hard? best bit Richard to Sonny,

"If I were you I'd get in that fucking car and fuck off"

I thought Paddy C was good in 24hr party people,anyone recomend anything else he's in?

I watched it last night too.

Thought it was good but not as good as some were making out on here. Typical British film with a shedload of swearing and a bleak ending. The only difference is that it's done better than others with the same outline. The dialogue wasn't anything special but I did like the way the flashbacks were shot(on super 80 film or something) and the final member of the gang was the message of redemption and revenge. Not Richard as you would have assumed.

I watched it last night too. I was a bit gutted as I had to miss the last 20 minutes of The Stones' Gimme Shelter on BBC4 to see the start but it was well worth it. One of the best films I've seen in a long time. Quite harrowing if you've ever had a bad trip yourself though.

• 10 months later...
Absolutely class film and me dressing up as the 'elephant' scared a few people at our Halloween party last year.

Also see A Room for Romeo brass by Shane Meadows, which is another great film. Consadine is again extremely good.

On BBC2 tonight, late showing of 00:40 but worth staying up for.

I watched it last night too.

Thought it was good but not as good as some were making out on here. Typical British film with a shedload of swearing and a bleak ending. The only difference is that it's done better than others with the same outline. The dialogue wasn't anything special but I did like the way the flashbacks were shot(on super 80 film or something) and the final member of the gang was the message of redemption and revenge. Not Richard as you would have assumed.

I agree with the legend above.

I had the misfortune of seeing Children of men the other day. Utter gash. Clive Owen and Michael Caine being as terrible as ever.