You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pennant

Dirk

I'd rather Pennant than Alves regardless of the price due to him being English and acclamitised to the Premiership already. He is also a genuine right winger as opposed to an attacking fullback. However, looking at t he big picture I think it is essential the club push the boat out for Alves as he is Rafa's NO 1 TARGET and if we fail in that then we have let our manager down. But we don't know the full story, maybe it is Rafa who is refusing to budge not Parry.

Exactly. Agree 100%. Sooooo, who nicked your log-in details..

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Paul Mc

Pennant's pledge to Blues as Reds hover

Jul 21 2006

By Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

JERMAINE Pennant today insisted that he remained committed to Blues and their Championship campaign.

A transfer target for Liverpool, who have had an offer of around £3.5million rejected and are expected to make an improved bid, the winger said his head had not been turned.

Blues cashed in on £5.5million striker Emile Heskey when Wigan Athletic made them an offer they couldn't refuse and Pennant is another of the so-called Blues 'jewels' predator clubs are keen on following their relegation.

Blues have put an £8million price tag on Pennant in the hope of frightening off suitors

ennant told the Birmingham Mail: "I still have two years left on my contract and Birmingham have said nothing to me about whether they want to let me go or they have agreed anything with another club. And Liverpool haven't contacted me, so that's it.

"I am taking every day as it comes as a Birmingham player. All the speculation and stuff doesn't bother me. If no-one actually says anything to me, then I ignore it. (intelligent lad)

"Like I said, I'm still here and I'm looking forward to the start of the season. No-one likes to get relegated. And we shouldn't have gone down, everyone knows that.

"That's in the past now, let's look to the future, try and rebuild and get back into the Premiership. We've got some new players in who are keen to impress, and mainly the same squad as last season.

"I'm sure what we are doing, all the hard work in training, and the determination of everyone, we will take those things into the Championship. I think we've definitely got a chance of coming back up.

"Although people like Emile Heskey and Kenny Cunningham have gone, we've still got a big squad with quality players and we can push to win the league.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/globalsport/tm_objectid=17423874&method=full&siteid=50002&headline=pennant-s-pledge-to-blues-as-reds-hover-name_page.html

REDS MUST UP PENNANT OFFER

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce is hoping Liverpool will run out of patience and give up on Jermaine Pennant.

Reds chief Rafael Benitez has already had a bid for Pennant rejected but could yet make an improved offer.

Bruce said: "There was a bid of £3.5million which was turned down two or three weeks ago.

"We paid near enough £3million for him and we owe Arsenal 25 per cent of any sell-on so we're certainly not going to be selling him for £3.5million, that's for sure.

"We all know every footballer has got his price, but, at the moment, Liverpool's bid has not been accepted.

"Until they meet our valuation, he's not going anywhere and I'm sure they'll move on."

British, right-footed, fast and comfortable on the ball and an excellent crosser. We've been looking for those traits in a player for God-knows how long (not necessarily being British I might add). Just get him I say. Pennant and Gonzalez(s)? on the flanks and Crouch would have a field day.

Ability-wise Pennant is fine with me. It's only his attitude that puts me off, but I imagine that Rafa will think twice if he gets the impression that Pennant is a wrong'un.

So is Bellamy, but he's ours now isn't it? I got the impression that Rafa is ready to gamble on the two of them (a BIG one) for us to challenge the Chavs. Fear not, we've got Paco (or is it Pako?) ready to step in should those two misbehave.

Guest Paul Mc

Bellamy so called 'dodgy' reputation comes from his actions on the pitch. Pennant is a troubled piss head, who likes to smash cars up while pissed, then spend a few months in nick.

A truly sad occasion if this muppet gets to wear a Liverpool shirt.

On the pitch? like our erstwhile Senagalese no. 9 with his flying expectorant? Bellamy with his Billy-big-bollocks attitude while on the piss, not to mention those alleged assault and battery charges on women? He is par with Danny Cadamarteri as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Paul Mc
On the pitch? like our erstwhile Senagalese no. 9 with his flying expectorant? Bellamy with his Billy-big-bollocks attitude while on the piss, not to mention those alleged assault and battery charges on women? He is par with Danny Cadamarteri as far as I'm concerned.

Ha ha, are you Pennant's mum or something?

So you compare our excellent new signing to Danny Cadamerteri just because you like Pennant, who hasn't even fucking signed for us?

Pathetic.

And the key word in the Bellamy battery charge is "alledged"

Pennant has been there and bought the t shirt in that respect eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3170740.stm

Bellamy fined for nightclub abuse

Craig Bellamy arriving at Cardiff Magistrates Court

Soccer star Craig Bellamy has been fined £750 after admitting threatening abusive or insulting behaviour outside a Cardiff nightclub in March.

Bellamy appeared at Cardiff Magistrates Court and pleaded guilty to the abuse charge. Two other charges of racially-aggravated behaviour had been dropped at an earlier hearing.

You don't like Pennant, fine. But using his past misdemeanours as a stick to beat him with whilst at the same time white-washing Bellamy's is hypocritical. Judging from their abilities, both Pennant and Bellamy are cracking players. Temperament-wise (and off-the-field antics, CONVICTED OR NOT), they are both dodgy fookers in that aspect. Well Rafa rates him, Bellamy is a Liverpool player now. I'll cheer his name loudest when he scores against those Chav twats at the Millenium Stadium. So will I cheer Pennant's when he skins the fullback and provides the pin-point cross for Crouch or Bellamy to score.

From the latest going-ons and with the Alves proposed move seemingly dead in the water, Pennant is close to joining us and there's fuck all you can do about it other than bitch or moan in here. I'll be happy if he signed. If it fell through, I won't shed a tear.

Guest Paul Mc

Wow, throwing a few insults while out on the piss - burn him.

It certainly beats crashing your car into a tree while pissed and giving the police a false name (Ashley Cole). Or not long after coming out of prison turning up for training pissed as a fart. All this before the age of 24. He's a true great.

If we sign this criminal you have to wonder if Benitez is losing his grip and becoming lazy, or desperate.

Guest Paul Mc
You don't like Pennant, fine. But using his past misdemeanours as a stick to beat him with whilst at the same time white-washing Bellamy's is hypocritical. Judging from their abilities, both Pennant and Bellamy are cracking players. Temperament-wise (and off-the-field antics, CONVICTED OR NOT), they are both dodgy fookers in that aspect. Well Rafa rates him, Bellamy is a Liverpool player now. I'll cheer his name loudest when he scores against those Chav twats at the Millenium Stadium. So will I cheer Pennant's when skins the fullback and provides the pin-point cross for Crouch or Bellamy to score.

From the latest going-ons and with the Alves proposed move seemingly dead in the water, Pennant is close to joining us and there's fuck all you can do about it other than bitch or moan in here. I'll be happy if he signed. If it fell through, I won't shed a tear.

It's not even just the moron factor with Pennant, he's just not good enough. He's only wanted because there are no other options available. And if we pay over 5 million for him you have to wonder what the fuck is going on at the club.

Bellamy is a top player and worth the risk at 6 million quid.

He's only wanted because there are no other options available.

Do you have Rafa's number? Then I'd suggest you drop him a line and tell him to look elsewhere and not in the direction of Brum City.

For Rafa to consider him as an alternative should we fail to prise Alves from Sevilla, that'd show he has qualities that can improve the squad.