You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pennant

Dirk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pennant has a reputation from when he was an exciting young talent, that's it. He hasn't done anything since, on or off the pitch, to say that he deserves chance at a big club.

If we sign him over Alves, then there are some serious problems at our once great club.

Hahaha, you're a knob.

100% true, he told a mate of mine in Barnet at an ethnic football event that he had signed. My mate knows him from his days living in Stepney living with Ashley Cole who also went to school with said mate.. Dunno if he has signed or not but he is telling everyone that will listen that the deal is done.

100% true, he told a mate of mine in Barnet at an ethnic football event that he had signed. My mate knows him from his days living in Stepney living with Ashley Cole who also went to school with said mate.. Dunno if he has signed or not but he is telling everyone that will listen that the deal is done.

But is he acting billy big bollox bout it?

No Duff and a twat pennant instead

A truly fucking miserable Friday

Black Friday indeed. Hope come seasons end I eat my words but Pennant is not what is required - that is being polite.

On the bright side we can stick with Gerrard out right.

Black Friday indeed. Hope come seasons end I eat my words but Pennant is not what is required - that is being polite.

On the bright side we can stick with Gerrard out right.

i hope we dont have to have another right wingerless season, we still havent replaces Steve McManaman, as stupid as that sounds, its fucking true :no

i hope we dont have to have another right wingerless season, we still havent replaces Steve McManaman, as stupid as that sounds, its fucking true :no

I agree we need a someone to play out right just do not want it to be Pennant. I do not think that he would add much to the team.

after two seasons which we have won the european cup and the FA cup people still find it acceptable to question the manager's purchases.

The lad hasnt even signed yet and he's getting grief,if he signs then you support him.

He's a good player and will do well for us I think,by the use of words like 'black friday' you think we had just signed kevin kilbane.

after two seasons which we have won the european cup and the FA cup people still find it acceptable to question the manager's purchases.

The lad hasnt even signed yet and he's getting grief,if he signs then you support him.

He's a good player and will do well for us I think,by the use of words like 'black friday' you think we had just signed kevin kilbane.

Cant knock what you are saying and it is right.

Just wanted us to sign Alves so much and Pennant is a bit of a dissapointment but you are right mate In Raffa we trust.

Guest Kenny
Pennant has been telling people in London he has had a medical at Liverpool and just waiting for the green light to sign. Giving it the big I am... apparently...

so if he breaks a leg tomoz its still a done deal? no such thing as a done deal.

You have so many links to southern football, it leaves me impressed.

Guest FarmersBoy

Surely the issue with Pennant is one of price only?

If we were buying him for £2.5m would anybody really be worrying? Given his age we'd not lose much on a deal like that. The problem is that we may be paying upwards of £6M and for that price it starts to look rather hairy. Especially as we've already taken a gamble on Bellamy at around that figure we'd be looking at in the region of £13M for two players whose commitment, attitude and temperament have not, historically, been all that great.

That's a lot of money to have spunked on 'risky' buys.

I'd rather Pennant than Alves regardless of the price due to him being English and acclamitised to the Premiership already. He is also a genuine right winger as opposed to an attacking fullback. However, looking at t he big picture I think it is essential the club push the boat out for Alves as he is Rafa's NO 1 TARGET and if we fail in that then we have let our manager down. But we don't know the full story, maybe it is Rafa who is refusing to budge not Parry.