You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Biscuits

Uncle_Meat

On 20/06/2019 at 22:32, Sugar Ape said:

Not sure if they’re classed as a biscuit but they’ve in the same aisle. Stroopwafel. I’m addicted to the things. Fucking lovely.

C14A4305-B988-4968-8C5F-DD9E55CA5B38.jpeg

Stroopwafels are fucking boss. Yer can keep yer peak freans shite as far as I’m concerned. The pinnacle biscuits are all outside the UK. 
stroops with coffee.

these bun rusk motherfuckers with tea:

2DAB7526-BAA5-464C-B5AC-9BF3897A5764.jpeg

jaw breakers, but utterly awesome, no dicking about with excess shite like chocolate or any of that bollocks. The butter milk flavour are best, made my own a few times - which is good to cut down the sugar and moreishness.

for accompanying tea, coffee or just as an afternoon snack, these are a thing of beauty:

tried a few different brands over here, and these were the best. crisp, sweet, little dab or burnt marmalade on them. Yer could quite happily smash one of these with a cognac or licor43 and stay classy.

On 21/06/2019 at 03:00, Remmie said:

T,  what you want to do is make a cup of coffee, cover your mug like Cloggy says until soft and munch. For the next one top up your coffee with hot water before adding your next stroopwafel and repeat until you've mauled them all. Then pour your full to the brim cup of coffee down the sink. 

I was glad you finished this with lash the coffee away, as topping it up with hot water is a foul idea.

On 21/06/2019 at 03:24, cloggypop said:

Remmie knows. If you are in the Netherlands drink the coffee, if in the UK throw the coffee away. Especially if you are drinking 1980s Mellow Birds. 

Nothing up with mellow birds in the right context yer frigging snob. In fact, I reckon a good auld fashioned 1980’s freeze dried blend would be fine with a stroop.

69959F5D-48B4-4DA7-AFEF-15B6718129D9.jpeg

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, belarus said:

My wife has just given the baby a penguin. I’m sat here with him so I had a little bit off it. Forgot how shite they are. Absolute shite

I though your wife had adopted a Penguin and took it home to cook!

Meanwhile,here are Asda's delicious and cheaper answer to Coco Liebnitz.

IMG_20210521_133120.jpg

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I though your wife had adopted a Penguin and took it home to cook!

Meanwhile,here are Asda's delicious and cheaper answer to Coco Liebnitz.

IMG_20210521_133120.jpg

Lidl do a nice version of those, you have to bite the chocolate off the edges first then scoff them. Lovely. 

front_en.3.full.jpg

11 hours ago, Butch said:

Lidl do a nice version of those, you have to bite the chocolate off the edges first then scoff them. Lovely. 

front_en.3.full.jpg

The Aldi ones are spot on as well.

I had to give a couple of packets away, plus a big box of Border biscuits. 

Biscuits are banned in our house now. Diabetes is a cruel bastard.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That's a shame lad. Diabetes seems to be unfortunately very common now, it's shit. 

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

I don’t know if they’ve changed them but I had a packet of Aldi’s version of Choco Leibniz a couple of summers ago. I thought they were crap, a poor imitation of the real thing, the biscuit was cheap and nasty. Bahlsen are great but I only buy them when they are on offer.

24 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I don’t know if they’ve changed them but I had a packet of Aldi’s version of Choco Leibniz a couple of summers ago. I thought they were crap, a poor imitation of the real thing, the biscuit was cheap and nasty. Bahlsen are great but I only buy them when they are on offer.

I can't tell the difference between the real ones and lidl version. Lidl also have the dark chocolate ones but I never tried them. 

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

They last ones I had, about a month ago were lovely. My Mrs loves the Bahlson ones and she said there was very little difference.

It's all about taste and what you like though.

Aldi sell some shite, but they seemed ok to me.

38 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This may have something to do with eating the type of biscuits in this thread.

It's got a lot to do with eating biscuits amongst other things diabetics shouldn't touch. I was more than a bit daft during the lockdown.

Paying the price for it now.

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

It's got a lot to do with eating biscuits amongst other things diabetics shouldn't touch. I was more than a bit daft during the lockdown.

Paying the price for it now.

My Dad was a type 1 diabetic and was encouraged to eat biscuits as a quick way to raise his blood sugar during a hypo.

30 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My Dad was a type 1 diabetic and was encouraged to eat biscuits as a quick way to raise his blood sugar during a hypo.

I'm type 2. The fat bastard type. I got diagnosed in 2006 but got it under control. It really wasn't too bad at the time, meds at first, lost a shit load of weight, then after a couple of years I got called in to say they were taking me off the meds because I didn't need them, so it was diet controlled. 

I'd never been so miserable, so had the odd treat. Then the treats happened more often, et voila.

Daft really because I can't  burn it off (MS). Then the lockdown.

I am regarded as extremely clinically vulnerable, so hardly left the house for over a year, only saw my family,  kids, Grandkids via WhatsApp.

Got bored, stuffed my face with shite, and here we are.

I've been really strict with myself apart from the odd bourbon and got my sugars down to a more acceptable level but I've got more to do.

Not being able to get an appointment for blood tests in over a year didn't help, but if I'm honest, most of it is down to me.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

The odd bourbon? Fucking hell. 

Haha, not a bourbon biscuit. I got half a dozen different bottles for my birthday earlier this month.

Knob Creek, Makers Mark, 1792, Old Williamsburg, Jim Beam Devils Cut, and another small batch one I've forgotten the name of, probably because it was forgettable.

3 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

I'm type 2. The fat bastard type. I got diagnosed in 2006 but got it under control. It really wasn't too bad at the time, meds at first, lost a shit load of weight, then after a couple of years I got called in to say they were taking me off the meds because I didn't need them, so it was diet controlled. 

I'd never been so miserable, so had the odd treat. Then the treats happened more often, et voila.

I am regarded as extremely clinically vulnerable, so hardly left the house for over a year, only saw my family,  kids, Grandkids via WhatsApp.

I've been really strict with myself apart from the odd bourbon and got my sugars down to a more acceptable level but I've got more to do.

Not being able to get an appointment for blood tests in over a year didn't help, but if I'm honest, most of it is down to me.

Expect a neg from Mr Moanero for your love of Bourbons. 

6 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

I'm in the same boat mate. Its fucking shite.

Lucky enough I've been a non-drinker for about 9 years now (have the occasional beer or glass of wine, literally maybe twice a year). Food, and particularly biscuits, are the downfall. I'm medicated to the gills, sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

My weight has been up and down all my life, used to drop it dead easy but the older I get the more of a struggle to lose it is. I'm on the list for bariatric surgery, after which apparently the diabetes goes away. Last chance saloon.

• Upvote 2