You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Biscuits

Uncle_Meat

6 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Haha, not a bourbon biscuit. I got half a dozen different bottles for my birthday earlier this month.

Knob Creek, Makers Mark, 1792, Old Williamsburg, Jim Beam Devils Cut, and another small batch one I've forgotten the name of, probably because it was forgettable.

Phew

6 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I'm in the same boat mate. Its fucking shite.

Lucky enough I've been a non-drinker for about 9 years now (have the occasional beer or glass of wine, literally maybe twice a year). Food, and particularly biscuits, are the downfall. I'm medicated to the gills, sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

My weight has been up and down all my life, used to drop it dead easy but the older I get the more of a struggle to lose it is. I'm on the list for bariatric surgery, after which apparently the diabetes goes away. Last chance saloon.

Hopefully that'll work for you mate. When I first got diagnosed I lost 8 stone, but stupidly put the lot back on when they loosened the reins.

I've always liked my beer and I'm pretty sure that knocking it on the head was the main factor in the weight loss. That and cutting out the snacks and eating more healthily. 

This time, I'm much less mobile so it's going to be much harder, but after a month of this new regime, no beer/snacks etc, I've lost over a stone.

A lot more to go though.

Good luck with yours mate, I hope you get sorted soon.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Hopefully that'll work for you mate. When I first got diagnosed I lost 8 stone, but stupidly put the lot back on when they loosened the reins.

I've always liked my beer and I'm pretty sure that knocking it on the head was the main factor in the weight loss. That and cutting out the snacks and eating more healthily. 

This time, I'm much less mobile so it's going to be much harder, but after a month of this new regime, no beer/snacks etc, I've lost over a stone.

A lot more to go though.

Good luck with yours mate, I hope you get sorted soon.

Cheers mate, good luck to you too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The little Kurtz fuckers have now broken up for the holiday so my biscuit stash is under constant siege from grubby little hands. To thwart them, I've gone for a 3 prong strategy, cheap 40p own brand Bourbons in the actual biscuit tin, Mcvities chocolate hobnobs in places where they think I've hidden the 'nice' biscuits so they give up searching then the proper biscuits, chocolate Leibniz in the flour tin. Very successful so far but its only the 1st week. 

You cruel bastard. Negged.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Hit your local Polish shop for good biscuits and cakes.  Had a polish version of fox cream and jam biscuits, little different as the biscuits isn't as crisps but the cream is twice as thick and far tastier and better jam. 

Italian shops are great aswell

The Jaffa cakes are far superior for a start, Cherry or Blueberry. 

snapshotimagehandler_1988769162.jpeg

81uRaQn1P+L._SL1500_.jpg

Screenshot_20220104-232952_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Hit your local Polish shop for good biscuits and cakes.  Had a polish version of fox cream and jam biscuits, little different as the biscuits isn't as crisps but the cream is twice as thick and far tastier and better jam. 

Italian shops are great aswell

The Jaffa cakes are far superior for a start, Cherry or Blueberry. 

snapshotimagehandler_1988769162.jpeg

81uRaQn1P+L._SL1500_.jpg

Screenshot_20220104-232952_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Almost gave away your postcode there.