You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trabelsi...

Kurt

I fully understand our history, and why we don't support the Sun, but was fooled into PAYING for a forum because at the time I wasn't aware of who the owner of the site was. I assumed all Liverpool fans were on the web for the same reason, to discuss team and club affairs, and to share information with regards to what goes on.

Two years I spent on that forum, and got through more than 20 failed insider stories, the most memorable being a thread about David Beckham being lined up by Rafa. This was posted by a guy called Johnny H who was supposed to be infallible.

Are Dunk's other sites (Spurs and Newcastle) pay per scoop?

How does internet law in the UK treat advertising malpractise, for example selling access to a service (inside information) that doesn't exist?

sounds like paradise. you'll love it much more here. we have threads about shit rumours like trabelsi ;)

i don't think he's charging for the content on the spurs and other sites yet, but he's only just getting going isn't he? also, i think he's got the begging for people to click on the advertisers banners down to a fine art too.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, having just checked my credit card statement I was shocked to see that Koptalk had initiated a debit from my credit card via paypal for £26. This is the straw that broke the camel's back, time to call a solicitor :wallbutt:

None of the stories are fraudulent, the language that they are couched in are this might happen, things are at an early stage, etc... At least that is how the bits on Kraptalk that I have seen are written. Anyway mate it will cost you more than £26 to talk to a solicitor, best putting it down to experience and enjoying a new life here at TLW.

Ok, maybe I got the wind slightly wrong on this one, but it seems to me it happens all the time. Perhaps it’s cos I just don’t understand these internet turf wars. I still reckon if you ignore someone on a wind-up rather than jumping on them it’s a better way to go.

40.jpg

Monty kneeling down, Red In Sweedon with the knife, Red Knick staring at the floor trying to control his Parry-fuelled rages...

warriors.jpg

Dunc gets on the blower to spread the word that the TLW crew killed Cyrus.

Guest dbarry

FWIW I was paying my extortionate annual fee to the north-eastern based site. Sick to shit of all the false insider stuff masquerading as so-called fact. Didn't bother my arse paying this year. Thank christ given that I've found out he's running sites for Spurs and Arse - couldn't stick subsidising those sites as well

Ta !

I'll go back to my lurking now

I fully understand our history, and why we don't support the Sun, but was fooled into PAYING for a forum because at the time I wasn't aware of who the owner of the site was. I assumed all Liverpool fans were on the web for the same reason, to discuss team and club affairs, and to share information with regards to what goes on.

Two years I spent on that forum, and got through more than 20 failed insider stories, the most memorable being a thread about David Beckham being lined up by Rafa. This was posted by a guy called Johnny H who was supposed to be infallible.

Are Dunk's other sites (Spurs and Newcastle) pay per scoop?

How does internet law in the UK treat advertising malpractise, for example selling access to a service (inside information) that doesn't exist?

Its a bit like Alcholics anonymous this bit, I too was once a member of KokTalk. I paid £15 squid for access to the VIP club IIRC, back in the summer of 99. A summer of Teamtalk, Brian Bentley, Ivan the Red and Zidane signing.

I quickly realised that Id been taken for a ride. I questioned Dunk and co and said 'how can you justify charging when there arent enough real stories to justify it' ?

It doesnt take a genius to realise that you cant have a scoop EVERY day or even once a month, its just not possible.

Back in those days, theonly other reds site was Alex Browns (Alex where are you?) excellent Mighty Reds site, and that eventually became the Offal. But Alex was a Kiwi who came here to follow his passion, he had no stomach to make up stories, of course, and had no insider info which made Dunk seem all the more exciting. Thats my excuse anyway!

So we've all been caught out once in a while.

Back in those days, theonly other reds site was Alex Browns (Alex where are you?) excellent Mighty Reds site, and that eventually became the Offal. But Alex was a Kiwi who came here to follow his passion, he had no stomach to make up stories, of course, and had no insider info which made Dunk seem all the more exciting. Thats my excuse anyway!

Mighty Reds was indeed an ace site, better than the offal, which sadly has to be bias

Back in those days, theonly other reds site was Alex Browns (Alex where are you?) excellent Mighty Reds site, and that eventually became the Offal. But Alex was a Kiwi who came here to follow his passion, he had no stomach to make up stories....

LOL @ Alex had no stomach.

Ever seen him? :tease:

Mighty Reds was indeed an ace site, better than the offal, which sadly has to be bias

It was loads better than the offal. But Alex started it in NZ and obviously had a real passion for th reds, so much so he came over here to get near them. And that passion was evident in his web site. I think he sold the site to someone, who then, just a year later, became the official site. Like you say, the Offal was poor and isnt much better now, mainly due to the bias, I think your right.

FWIW I was paying my extortionate annual fee to the north-eastern based site. Sick to shit of all the false insider stuff masquerading as so-called fact. Didn't bother my arse paying this year. Thank christ given that I've found out he's running sites for Spurs and Arse - couldn't stick subsidising those sites as well

Ta !

I'll go back to my lurking now

Willkommen.

Guest Rosco
as others have pointed out, it's not the fact they're from koptalk is the problem. if that scroat who was on last night wanted to chat footy like a normal person, well he'd be recieved ok. but when you turn up, the day you've had the p1ss ripped out of you on another site (the blog), carrying a bit fucking chi on the shoulder, well it's gonna piss people off innit? he was here to have a go at dave .. and failed.

Who's Dave ?

The point I was making is that nobody is infallible, that blog ran a big "Check out TLW" for what's really happening post and it turns out it just might be wrong.

On the 30th of June the exclusive was that the "Alves deal was dead" yet we have the Preisdent of the club saying the negotiations halted on Monday (i.e the 3rd of June)

Nobody has a monopoly on info from Liverpool Football club, numerous sites have different sources and some have been proven to be wrong on occasion.

I notice one poster mention Johnny_H, I don't know anything about the Beckham link to be honest (but it's quite obvious it never happened) but Johnny_H has been proven right on many occasions, probably the best one being the Fowler exclusive 10 days before it occured. Elisha on YNWA has been right numerous times too, but he's gotten a few wrong such as Baros to Valencia is a done deal, and Defoe earlier this summer.

Swings and roundabouts......

Who's Dave ?

The point I was making is that nobody is infallible, that blog ran a big "Check out TLW" for what's really happening post and it turns out it just might be wrong.

On the 30th of June the exclusive was that the "Alves deal was dead" yet we have the Preisdent of the club saying the negotiations halted on Monday (i.e the 3rd of June)

Nobody has a monopoly on info from Liverpool Football club, numerous sites have different sources and some have been proven to be wrong on occasion.

I notice one poster mention Johnny_H, I don't know anything about the Beckham link to be honest (but it's quite obvious it never happened) but Johnny_H has been proven right on many occasions, probably the best one being the Fowler exclusive 10 days before it occured. Elisha on YNWA has been right numerous times too, but he's gotten a few wrong such as Baros to Valencia is a done deal, and Defoe earlier this summer.

Why are you here arguing this? How many from TLW would even be allowed ton KT to ask even a question?

You are allowed to go on swings and roundabouts only because you are on TLW.

Guest Rosco
Why are you here arguing this? How many from TLW would even be allowed ton KT to ask even a question?

You are allowed to go on swings and roundabouts only because you are on TLW.

I've seen you ask questions on KT.

Guest Rosco
When and where? And how long ago? I know the owner pretty well (probably better than you).... he wouldn't allow this type of thread there.

Not in the last couple of months, but you've definitely been on.

First, the story isn't wrong at all. What I actually wrote was that Liverpool had flew Trabelsi in for talks because 'Benitez appears to have accepted defeat in his attempt to sign Alves'. I never said we'd sign Trabelsi, just that he was here for talks, which he was. I never said the Alves deal was definitely off, just that Benitez more or less given up, and was looking to go for other targets.

I'm 100% positive about that, because I got it from someone who actually spoke to Benitez the day before Trabelsi flew in (obviously I'm not saying who, but regulars on here will have a fair idea). Benitez said he was going for Trabelsi, Pennant and Kuyt because the money wasn't there for Alves and Kuyt.

Now if in the meantime Sevilla were to budge on their asking price, or if more money was to be made available then maybe things will change.

The point is, the story about Travbelsi being here for talks is 100% accurate.

And for the record, Baros to Valencia was a done deal. They pulled out when the club changed either coach or president (I don't remember which). Liverpool actually had a legally binding document from Valencia saying they would sign Milan, and considered taking them to court over it.

So Elisha was not wrong about that at all.

Guest Rosco
First, the story isn't wrong at all. What I actually wrote was that Liverpool had flew Trabelsi in for talks because 'Benitez appears to have accepted defeat in his attempt to sign Alves'. I never said we'd sign Trabelsi, just that he was here for talks, which he was. I never said the Alves deal was definitely off, just that Benitez more or less given up, and was looking to go for other targets.

I'm 100% positive about that, because I got it from someone who actually spoke to Benitez the day before Trabelsi flew in (obviously I'm not saying who, but regulars on here will have a fair idea). Benitez said he was going for Trabelsi, Pennant and Kuyt because the money wasn't there for Alves and Kuyt.

Now if in the meantime Sevilla were to budge on their asking price, or if more money was to be made available then maybe things will change.

The point is, the story about Travbelsi being here for talks is 100% accurate.

And for the record, Baros to Valencia was a done deal. They pulled out when the club changed either coach or president (I don't remember which). Liverpool actually had a legally binding document from Valencia saying they would sign Milan, and considered taking them to court over it.

So Elisha was not wrong about that at all.

I'm being completely honest and in no way facetious when I say I find the Baros story hard to believe , but I'll take your word for it (seeing as you've no reason to lie IMO). It doesn't make much sense, and what you describe as a binding legal document may only be a statement as to future intentions, which is effectively worthless. A legally binding document is a contract, so if we had signed a contract to sell Baros I'd be very surprised to say the least that Rafa was keen to set it aside and keep Baros.

Just in relation to the possible Trabelsi deal, this is how it's described on the blog " The deal for Alves is seemingly off, Liverpool are now looking to sign Hatem Trabelsi, Ajax’s Tunisian international, on a Bosman." Read TLW for further info, followed by " TLW never post something as news unless it really is news or more than 99.9% certain to happen."

So while the story of Trabelsi may be correct, the assertion that Rafa appears to have given up on Alves wasn't.