You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackburn Accept Our £6m Bid For Bellamy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume this has been posted:

RAFA: BELLAMY IS A VERY GOOD FOOTBALLER

Paul Eaton 20 June 2006

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is ready to sit down with Craig Bellamy to talk over a possible transfer from Blacburn to Anfield.

The Reds have agreed a deal for the Welsh international and have received permission from the Ewood Park club to talk to the player.

Benitez admits Bellamy possesses all the qualities he is looking for in a footballer and he's hoping the two strike up a good relationship when they meet over the coming days.

"We have an agreement which allows us to talk to the player," Benitez said.

"He is on holiday, but we will talk over the next few days. I know the player's qualities very well. He is a very good footballer and now we need to see if he has the passion to play for our club.

"I don't think this will be a problem because he is a Liverpool fan, so I think it will be easy for him.

"I will be talking to him to express my ideas. He has the ability, the pace and the talent we've been looking for and now we need to talk about other things."

Paul Eaton 20 June 2006

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is ready to sit down with Craig Bellamy to talk over a possible transfer from Blacburn to Anfield.

The Reds have agreed a deal for the Welsh international and have received permission from the Ewood Park club to talk to the player.

Benitez admits Bellamy possesses all the qualities he is looking for in a footballer and he's hoping the two strike up a good relationship when they meet over the coming days.

"He is on holiday, but we will talk over the next few days. I know the player's qualities very well. He is a very good footballer and now we need to see if he has the passion to play for our club.

"I don't think this will be a problem because he is a Liverpool fan, so I think it will be easy for him.

"I will be talking to him to express my ideas. He has the ability, the pace and the talent we've been looking for and now we need to talk about other things."[/QUOTE]

Hmm wonder what they could be? :whistle:

Paul Eaton 20 June 2006

"I will be talking to him to express my ideas. He has the ability, the pace and the talent we've been looking for and now we need to talk about other things."[/QUOTE]

Hmm wonder what they could be? :whistle:

He may have done a few naughty things and been a bit of a gobshite but I would rather him than that other midget... looking at Owen in Germany his performances have been a joke, wouldnt touch him...

He may have done a few naughty things and been a bit of a gobshite but I would rather him than that other midget... looking at Owen in Germany his performances have been a joke, wouldnt touch him...

I would rather have him than Owen as well, as long as he cuts out all the crap.

Still not sold on this at all. I think he'll be excellent on the pitch and there's no way the likes of Sami and Carra will let him be the irritant in the dressing room he was elsewhere. My problem is the racist angle and the only reason I'm not going nuts is because I'm not sure what is fact and what is fiction. What has he indisputably done (if anything) to get him the racist label he's acquired?

Still not sold on this at all. I think he'll be excellent on the pitch and there's no way the likes of Sami and Carra will let him be the irritant in the dressing room he was elsewhere. My problem is the racist angle and the only reason I'm not going nuts is because I'm not sure what is fact and what is fiction. What has he indisputably done (if anything) to get him the racist label he's acquired?

I didn't even know there was a label to be honest. I've heard small things but nothing major.

It's disputable, he was accused of hurling racial abuse in that nightclub incident he was convicted of. I am not sure whether those claims were upheld or not.

Guest Billy Bollocks

What difference does that make? If it did happen, it's in the past, and as long he doesn't do it again he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Guest Billy Bollocks

If he comes on the pitch wearing a long cloak and hood, and carrying a burning cross, then you might have a point.