You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackburn Accept Our £6m Bid For Bellamy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my initial sceptical attitude, I'm actually quite happy with this little bit of business. Proven premiership performer for six and a half million is a bargain by anyones standards, and he's still yet to reach his peak.

Some of the figures who've been singing his praises are also to be respected, Toshack and Bobby Robson in particular.

He irks me slightly, but nobody can mention his name along with the liked of Bowyer, he's not necessarily a horrible bastard, just a tad over confident, if that can be harnesed - then its all good!

Bellamy's football abillity isnt in doubt

just his offield twatish behaviour that raises the odd concern

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings to the letter to be honest. The man is a horrible Welsh cock, but he's a damned fine footballer. What does concern me though is his long-forgotten injury proneness, as I haven't forgotten....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Great signing for 6million. How many goals will he get next season? I reckon about 15/20. Just waiting on Alves now...

If he gets more than 12 in the League I'll show my arse in John Lewis window.

REDS TO BEGIN BELLAMY TALKS

Paul Eaton 20 June 2006

Liverpool have been given permission by Blackburn Rovers to begin transfer talks with striker Craig Bellamy.

The Welsh international has been identified as a target by manager Rafael Benitez and the Reds have now made a bid to bring the 26 year old to Anfield.

"We have made a bid for the player and have now been given permission by Blackburn to speak to him." said a Liverpool spokesman.

Bellamy moved to Blackburn from Newcastle United last summer and enjoyed a great season at Ewood Park where he netted 17 goals in 32 matches.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152661060620-1056.htm

If he gets more than 12 in the League I'll show my arse in John Lewis window.

I would be careful what you say, somebody said they'd set their cock on fire if he signed... Stu Monty I think it was - can't be sure though...

*Lighter fluid at the ready!!

REDS TO BEGIN BELLAMY TALKS

Paul Eaton 20 June 2006

Liverpool have been given permission by Blackburn Rovers to begin transfer talks with striker Craig Bellamy.

The Welsh international has been identified as a target by manager Rafael Benitez and the Reds have now made a bid to bring the 26 year old to Anfield.

"We have made a bid for the player and have now been given permission by Blackburn to speak to him." said a Liverpool spokesman.

Bellamy moved to Blackburn from Newcastle United last summer and enjoyed a great season at Ewood Park where he netted 17 goals in 32 matches.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152661060620-1056.htm

If he got 17 for Blackburn last season you would expect him to get at least that for us. Better service and more chances. Just depends who else we sign and how often Rafa plays him.

I would be careful what you say, somebody said they'd set their cock on fire if he signed... Stu Monty I think it was - can't be sure though...

It was Stuart alright. He'll be known as Stu "charcock" Montagu after bellamy signs. He will at least get gid of the ginger-stamp.

I actually said I'd rather set my cock on fire.

I'm warming to the idea so won't be burning bodyparts anymore.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Last thing i need around my arse is a lighter