You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Italy - USA

kop

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You get my point though surely; it was about two inches away from him so how on earth is he not active when he has to step out the way of it?

Oh yeah, I agree with that - by the letter of the law it should have been disallowed. I just think the law is really, really bad.

Oh yeah, I agree with that - by the letter of the law it should have been disallowed. I just think the law is really, really bad.

It's unutterably bad as it is just another initiative to aid goalscoring and hinder defending. Some people think this is making the game better but it isn't it just gives you a more farcical spectical.

If defenders can't touch strikers, can't understand the offside law and have to put up with any mistake leading to bookings then what you get is no great value to scoring a goal as there is no real opposition to it.

I found myself in the strange position of cheering the Yank boys on tonight. Not quite as far as the Yoo-Ess-Ay chant but bad enough.

Especially when in one of my rare forays into the world of betting I stuck two quid on it being a draw. Won 7.60, at odds of whatever the hell 4.8 is.

And as for Lordi - I'm convinced they'll admit to being a comedy act soon.

Of course they are, it's the only reason to like them.

No offense intended to any of our suomi bretheren but what has Finland ever done for anyone? Or even to anyone? At least the Danish export tip-top bacon.

Brought us Hyppia, that should count in favour for the Finns. Nokia (The boots) and Finlandia vodka are good shouts too. One thing that counts a lot against them is their language though, was dog sleeighing

Actually, come to think of it, Finland can go to hell.

Guest dragonfly
What other sports do the americans win at? You can't class include basketball and am. football et all because nobody outside of the states plays them. I suppose they're decent at golf but bar that I can't think of any major sport that Americans rule at.

just look at the olympic medal table and that tells you.

Also, and I probably shouldn't say this, but I figure we're all friends here, right? Well a friend of ours was sat on the sidelines with Lippi. Some people in high places weren't happy with what they saw from that official, especially him sending De Rossi to the sin bin, so we got our guy to give a message to the official.

I don't need to go into details here on what was said, let's just say it involved his stugots and some razorwire, but you could see from the two sin bins to the US players and that score that got wiped out that he got the message. Hehehehehe

A lot of our guys have got some serious money on Italia to win this world series thing. They've made some big fuckin money on Juve, and are doublin up on this.

You can tell he got the message, but it would have been less obvious if they'd just written a message on the scoreboard. I don't think these new boys know how discretion works.

Ain't that the sad fuckin truth. These kids today, they got things too fuckin easy, everything's fuckin handed to em on a plate. Guys nowadays only have to whack one or two nobodies and they get their button. I had to take out three fuckin bosses and two presidents before I got made.