You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

20 hours ago, Captain Milk said:

They’re a great crisp in their own right, but let’s not have any crazy talk.

9764CB41-CF26-4664-8AB8-FA6FCD871431.jpeg

In their 90’s heyday, when eating one was like putting your tongue on a battery - or one of Kerry Katona’s flaps - nothing could touch them.

Can you still get these? I seem to recall Lamb and mint, too.

18 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Had a look when I searched for that photo and turns out Amazon sell them in packs of about 40.

They’d stopped using anything like the same amount of flavouring last time I had a packet, nowhere near as ferocious, but still might be nice for a walk down memory lane after this long.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Definitely, I've seen them in obscure shops. Possibly home bargains. 

On 12/06/2020 at 10:01, Dave D said:

I picked up a packet of these on a whim last week in Aldi.

Figured they would be just another kettle chip type thing but they blow kettle chips out of the water. Takes something to be impressed with a packet of crisps, but I was so moved I had to call the wife to come and sample them to verify 

They are thickest crisps and Ive ever had- the only ones Ive had that are more potato than oil.

Mackie's Crisps – Sea Salt | Scottish Hampers

I've ordered some crispy bacon and Aberdeen Angus. Hope they are nice because I've stocked up with 24 packs of each. 

If they're shite, I'm sending them to you. 

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

T-Bone Steak Roysters have definitely lost flavour/appeal. They used to be the king of crisps by some distance but last time I had a pack it kind of left me feeling empty, lost and confused. 

I once found a lump of pure ‘flavour’ about the size of a dice.

I seen my two children enter the world, married a beautiful woman, travelled the world and seen many things others only dream of, but fuck me, that’s right up there with the best days of my life! 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I seen my two children enter the world, married a beautiful woman, travelled the world and seen many things others only dream of, but fuck me, that’s right up there with the best days of my life! 

4UZwk0.gif

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Finding a Kit Kat that was pure chocolate, no wafer, is my greatest achievement in life. Passing my Cycling Proficiency Test is up there, but I cheated at that.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

T-Bone Steak Roysters have definitely lost flavour/appeal. They used to be the king of crisps by some distance but last time I had a pack it kind of left me feeling empty, lost and confused. 

Yeah, I usually buy the six packs from B&M but noticed that the pack sizes have shrunk which is a bit of a twat.

The southern fried chicken Roysters are also okay.

On 13/06/2020 at 17:04, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've tried all of those new Walkers flavours. They're all palatable. The missus likes the peri peri, which is my least favourite, probably because I don't like citrus in savoury. I love the cheeseburger ones, which start off cheesy and beefy, then pickle and tomato come through. Very clever.

As you are a fellow lifelong veggie, I find it interesting that you not only want to try something meat flavoured but enjoy the meaty flavour part of it. I really don't mean to come across as having a go, it's just that I am the opposite; have no interest in veggie stuff that's meat flavoured. 

I have eaten things that are supposed to be almost exact replicas of their dead equivalent and enjoyed them I suppose (vegetarian "chicken" nuggets and veggie mince). 

13 minutes ago, Remmie said:

As you are a fellow lifelong veggie, I find it interesting that you not only want to try something meat flavoured but enjoy the meaty flavour part of it. I really don't mean to come across as having a go, it's just that I am the opposite; have no interest in veggie stuff that's meat flavoured. 

I have eaten things that are supposed to be almost exact replicas of their dead equivalent and enjoyed them I suppose (vegetarian "chicken" nuggets and veggie mince). 

Everyone's different I suppose. Anything fish or seafood flavoured makes me feel physically ill, for instance.

Cheeseburger is one of the few real meat things I've ever eaten. She couldn't finish hers one time, so I had a bite before it got chucked in the bin. I was a little disappointed. The crisps are better.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Finding a Kit Kat that was pure chocolate, no wafer, is my greatest achievement in life. Passing my Cycling Proficiency Test is up there, but I cheated at that.

I bought a bag of Munchies once where about 1 in 5 had no biscuit in. I didn’t know whether to be elated or furious.

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So you’re not a veggie then. Cheeseburgers are amazing. I want one now you bastard. 

Not sure how to break this to you but Hedgehog flavoured crisps had no bits of Hedgehog in them

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Last week I got a Chunky Kit Kat that was almost pure chocolate, just a tiny bit of wafer in it.

Good things do happen occasionally. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Kettle Chips are a cunt’s crisp.

At least they're crisps. Pringle are not legally allowed to be called crisps (or chips in the US) due to them being only 42% potato (hello Douglas Adams!) and 58% shit.

21 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

At least they're crisps. Pringle are not legally allowed to be called crisps (or chips in the US) due to them being only 42% potato (hello Douglas Adams!) and 58% shit.

Whether it's still the case or not I don't know, but that was deliberate on the makers part as potato chips are considered a luxury item. Luxury items are taxed in the US, whereas snacks (such as Pringles) are not taxed. 

1 minute ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Whether it's still the case or not I don't know, but that was deliberate on the makers part as potato chips are considered a luxury item. Luxury items are taxed in the US, whereas snacks (such as Pringles) are not taxed. 

One of the other companies took them to court I think.

Wikipedia -

The product was originally known as Pringles Newfangled Potato Chips, but other snack manufacturers objected, saying Pringles failed to meet the definition of a potato "chip" since they were made from a potato-based dough rather than being sliced from potatoes like "real" potato chips. The US Food and Drug Administration weighed in on the matter, and in 1975 they ruled Pringles could only use the word "chip" in their product name within the phrase: "potato chips made from dried potatoes".[16] Faced with such a lengthy and unpalatable appellation, Pringles eventually renamed their product potato "crisps", instead of chips.

In July 2008, in the London High Court, P&G lawyers successfully argued that Pringles were not crisps even though labelled "Potato Crisps" on the container (in Britain what are known as "chips" in the US are known as "crisps") as the potato content was only 42% and their shape, P&G stated, "is not found in nature". This ruling, against a United Kingdom value added tax (VAT) and Duties Tribunal decision to the contrary, exempted Pringles from the then 17.5% VAT for potato crisps and potato-derived snacks.[17] In May 2009, the Court of Appeal reversed the earlier decision. A spokesman for P&G stated it had been paying the VAT proactively and owed no back taxes.[18][19]