You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shevchenko Leaving Milan

cant wait to see Chelsea's wage bill next year, it will surely balloon with all these 140k/week players they're signing, they will have 2 when Sheva signs for them and then Lampard will want more money and probably Terry and others who think they should be paid the most

they will probably double their wage bill I would think

cant wait to see Chelsea's wage bill next year, it will surely balloon with all these 140k/week players they're signing, they will have 2 when Sheva signs for them and then Lampard will want more money and probably Terry and others who think they should be paid the most

+ you have players such as SWP, Drogba and quite probably Robben, Cole and Duff who will be miffed at lack of 1st team action.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

If it's not about money, we should go in for him, send his kid's to Merchant Taylor's

Fucken hate those Chav bastards so much. Over 30m for someone coming 30 years of age, it is just fucking mad. When are they meant to break even, was it not next season. Some chance the wage bill is outragous. Him and Ballbag are on 130 thousand a week, fat frank and fat head will be wanting more dough.

We can only hope that it upsets the team spirit and goes pear shaped how sweet would that be.

they will probably double their wage bill I would think

Doesn't matter I'm afraid. It's still small change for the russian...

"I don't speak English, my wife does not speak Ukrainian - the only language we have in common at the moment is Italian and the only way to be able to teach our children our love that we have for them is the English language.''

And there you have it. It's nothing to do with football - the reason for him going to Chelsea.

And THAT is why I still have this nagging question about whether he's going to be able to bring all of the qualities he's shown in Serie A to Chelsea, in view of the fact that he's not coming with his heart but his head. Can he bring that same desire to it when Allardyce's cloggers are out in force and Boothroyd's bone-headed hammer throwers are finding their way in the PL?

Probably... But you just never know.

Are you Farmers Boy from TTWATR?

How anyone can think this is nothing but bad for the English game is beyond me. Chelsea's wealth is staggering as is their ability to buy any player just because they can. It inflates the transfer market and makes it almost too competitive. I hate them.

How anyone can think this is nothing but bad for the English game is beyond me. Chelsea's wealth is staggering as is their ability to buy any player just because they can. It inflates the transfer market and makes it almost too competitive. I hate them.

Not really as it comes to a point where too many superstars upset the team as they cant all play at once and their ego wouldnt allow them to be dropped.

We have already seen the signs of strain this season on Mourinho and players unsettled due to not getting a game and the situation will get worse if they carry on signing like they are doing.

Ive said it before but ourselves, the mancs and Arsenal will all be strong next season and will push Chelsea and thats when the cracks will show again.

It's a cute move by AC. They have a squad that is ageing in parts, Seedorf, Stam, Maldini, Inzaghi, Cafu etc are all the wrong side of 30, Sheva is close to 30. With the money they get from selling Sheva, as well as what they'd normally be prepared to spend during any given summer, it'll go some way to helping restructure their team, especially if they manage to land Gallas as part of the deal.

Chelsea signing this sort of player is a good thing, because they aren't Mourinho players.

He's losing control.

Aye, it's starting to look like Roman is getting his World Star line up together. If you were him and had spent all that money, would you be happy watching Drogba playing to moaning arse's dreadful tactics? If I had Abramovich's money, both Drogba and Mourinho would have been dropped in the Thames wearing concrete boots long ago.

Aye, it's starting to look like Roman is getting his World Star line up together. If you were him and had spent all that money, would you be happy watching Drogba playing to moaning arse's dreadful tactics? If I had Abramovich's money, both Drogba and Mourinho would have been dropped in the Thames wearing concrete boots long ago.

I think Maureen is getting enough rope to hang herself with - there'll be nowhere to hide if he can't win the CL with Shevchenko and Ballack on board.

Guest Gazmo25

The thing is with Chelsea now is that it IS fantasy football. They have spent a lot of money over the last 3 years but they have bought players to do a job, fair enough they have been bumped on the price a few times but they have bought people to do a job.

However, the likes of Shevchenko (and Roberto Carlos apparently) stinks of Fantasy Football. They are just flaunting their wealth now and I feel they are buying for the sake of buying.

Not really as it comes to a point where too many superstars upset the team as they cant all play at once and their ego wouldnt allow them to be dropped.

We have already seen the signs of strain this season on Mourinho and players unsettled due to not getting a game and the situation will get worse if they carry on signing like they are doing.

Ive said it before but ourselves, the mancs and Arsenal will all be strong next season and will push Chelsea and thats when the cracks will show again.

I hope that's the way the 'Chelsea Experiment' goes but it is still unsettling. What annoys me more is you have these idiotic London hacks telling us it's good for the game! Is it bollocks. Their spending power is madness as is their disregard and arrogance for authority.

EDIT: Signs of strain but they still won the league.