You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Morientes Goes Back to Spain

Baldi

Reina will be gutted, I seem to remember reading that they are best mates?

Really like the way Rafa is ruthless with his thinking - if a player doesn't do the business then he's shipped out. Josemi, Nunez and now Morientes all sold after not living up to expectations.

Morientes is a really classy player and will probably do really well next season in La Liga as his game is suited down to the ground to playing over there. Hope he does well.

Yeah, I dont think there are many of us who would disagree.

Now for Cisse... :whistle:

Yeah, I dont think there are many of us who would disagree.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm really sorry it never worked out for him, he seemed to genuinely like the club, fans and so on, good luck to him.

Agreed. Always came across as a genuinely likeable guy and a good honest pro. I thought he'd do wonders fo us, and I was desperate for him to succeed.

Good luck Nando.

5 million Euro apparently.

Doesn't waste any time Rafa does he...

Thats a pretty good deal. I didnt think we would get as much for him. I liked nando, but he just never quite did it with us.

All the best at Valencia. Good team youre joining.

'There was something in the air that night

The stars were bright, fernando

They were shining there for you and me

For liberty, fernando

Though I never thought that we could lose

There’s no regret

If I had to do the same again

I would, my friend, fernando'.

does it for me..

(Read this post while playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbG8yuwQqpg&search=abba%20fernando on another window. You'll get emotional.. :whistle: )

Good luck Nando. Can't really say thanks for the memories though, as sadly there weren't very many.

My favourite Nando moment wasn't a goal, but his assist for Riise's goal in the Carling Cup Final. The way he created the space for himself and then picked Riise out with a perfect cross absolutely oozed class and composure. That was back when I still had high hopes for him, and I thought we'd be seeing a lot more of that sort of thing from him in a Liverpool shirt.

A real shame it didn't work out for him, but I think he'll be a big hit back in Spain, and I think he'll prove wrong the critics who said that he was washed up rather than just unable to adapt to the English game.

5 million Euro apparently.

Doesn't waste any time Rafa does he...

If that is the fee it works out to about 3.4 Million Pounds. a fair price.

Still Best of Luck Nando, you tried and and never hid I'm sorry to see you go personally but it just wasn't to be.

Good luck at Valencia

Guest Momo Sissoko

I have this dreaded feeling that Cisse might be staying...

FFS! Another whole season of pulling my hair out.

I was made up when we signed him and thought he'd be class for us. Unfortunately the league just wasn't suited to him. My over-riding memory of him was this seasons game against Newcastle on Boxing Day...he took the piss out of their defenders and looked world class. Just as I was telling my brother this was the real Nando he got injured again, summed up his time with us.

I'm sure he'll have a great few seasons for Valencia and good luck to him.

Guest Momo Sissoko

To be fair to the fella, he started well this season and looked like he's finally got to grips with the pace of the league. Injuries have ruined his time here. At his age it's harder to get back to full match fitness after each one.

I have this dreaded feeling that Cisse might be staying...

FFS! Another whole season of pulling my hair out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

on a serious note, if we can get a top striker to replace Nando - and with Cisse's obvious improvement towards the end of last season, as well as having Robbie fully fit from August - that should see a big improvement as is.

Guest Momo Sissoko
good luck in spaon

but thank fuck he`s gone, useless in this league, i crigned when everytime he missed a sitter, i really am delighted he`s gone :yes:

Yes, bravo

if the €5m is correct then we've broken even on him in the books. Don't expect any extra being paid out in wages either as valencia can afford what we were paying him (which was heavily performance based)

if the €5m is correct then we've broken even on him in the books. Don't expect any extra being paid out in wages either as valencia can afford what we were paying him (which was heavily performance based)

Poor fella must be skint.