You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Claims to fame

Section_31

When I lived in Aberdeen, I used to live across the road from Jim Leighton and play with his kids, quiet bloke in a pretty average house (just shows the difference in footy players wages these days). The thing I remember most was his car, light blue with Jim Leighton written on the 2 front doors!

My other one was Paul Jones while he was at Wolves, Lived in Telford just down the road from us. Me and my mates used to play footy at the schools by his house, one day he hopped over the fence and played a game with us! Nice bloke too.

Guest TK-421

I had a bowl in the nets at former England test opener Chris Broad (who?). He twatted me around the place like he was swatting flies and there was me thinking my fast-medium right arm action might cause him a few problems...

Just remembered a couple more:

Stood next to Billy Zane at the luggage thing at JFK airport in Nu Fockin' Yawk. He's very tall.

On the way back from my stag do in Amsterdam, four of us were sitting in Schipol having a beer whilst waiting for the plane. Sat at the next table was "Roy" from Coronation Street. The mad thing is, none of remembered it at all until a month or so later when it came back to us all simultaneously. That stuff they sell in those coffee shops doesn't even compare. It's a different fucking sport.

Had an anniversary meal at Ziba at The Rackets Club in town a couple of years ago and Digger Barnes was sat at the table next to us with an absolute stunner who definitely was not his missus.

Guest TK-421

I was lucky enough to catch the entire Barcelona squad at Barca airport after we'd been over there for a mate's 30th. We saw Larsson's home debut in which he scored by throwing a centre back to the floor and tapping it in.

I had been up all night and found it all a bit surreal. I was reading a magazine in the airport shop and my mate nudged me and said "Henrik Larsson is standing next to you". Then they all flooded through. They all stopped and chatted and signed autographs, including Ronnie Dingo - he was popular. Frankie Rightguard was there, Laporta, the lot of them. They were catching a flight to Glasgow to give Celtic a good old hiding. Needless to say it ruled.

• 2 years later...

I got tipped £15 by Yossi benayoun when he was in the hotel after a £30 meal, I got tipped £10 today by the dancers of George Sampson who were having a party in their hotel room with some of Sampson's groupies.

I kid you not, the guy has some 20 something in age girls fawning over him as well as a load of teenie boppers. So many so, that I almost got ran over by a herd of them today who were hanging out of what they thought was his room, then they saw him go past just as I was going through with a big fuck off tray. It was like the stampede scene from the Lion King I tell ya.

Installed some music software for Herbie Flowers and instead of payment he played tuba on one of our albums.

I was doing some volunteer work for a hospice and I was asked to go down to a local pub and count the money from a giant scotch bottle. Liam Brady (the Brighton manager at the time) was there to break the bottle. We ended up counting the money together and I spent the rest of the evening talking with him. A very sound guy, interesting, intelligent and discrete. Far too good for Brighton :-)

A mate of mine plays for Bury.

Top that.

I've 3 F*******r friends and one plays in the Pr***** L*ag*e. I also have a number of top DJ's numbers on my phone and 2 of them are close friends who were voted in the top 20 of the DJ mag Top 100 DJ list.

I've 3 F*******r friends and one plays in the Pr***** L*ag*e. I also have a number of top DJ's numbers on my phone and 2 of them are close friends who were voted in the top 20 of the DJ mag Top 100 DJ list.

Pffft, I've interviewed Patrick Moore.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I could tell you but

a)It would be more FF on the GF

b)You wouldn't believe me, although it would probably be better if you didn't

c)I cannot be arsed

• 10 months later...

Not technically a claim to fame because I haven't met the guy, but have been emailing David Simon from The Wire about doing an interview, he's up for it but not until April. I told him about our paper and the company (particularly how the 'buy out' scenes in Season 5 resonate - I've been through that very scene three times in the last 18 months), the way things are going, and raised some issues about drugs and treatment on our patch which I want him to comment on (long story but it'll all tie in when the time comes)

He replied yesterday along the lines of: "Can't do it until April, can't do anything until April! Filming 16-hours a day in New Orleans and writing at the weekends. Good luck for now, sounds like you're on the side of the angels."

Said I'd contact him again then to which he replied "No problem".

You having that one or what?

*paces up and down with one arm clasped behind his back and throwing his leg out a bit in chilled out cool gangster fashion like Stringer Bell