You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rutles

Slam Daniels

Guest Blakes 7
Anybody ever watched a film from 1978 called The Rutles with Eric Idle?

Piss take of The Beatles, v funny.

Wikipedia Entry[/quote

In my hunble opinion it is only just behind Spinal Tap as the best Rock spoof ever...Ouch! You're breakin my heart! Genius!

• 3 years later...

[YOUTUBE]ePaHG6g7uFw[/YOUTUBE]

Love this film. Love the play on the above clip on Day in The Life (with the piano end bit)

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

Walky talky man says hello, hello, hello

I know you know what you know

but you should know by now that you're not me

Talk about a month of Sundays

Toffee nosed wet weekend as far as I can see

In 1978 John Peel played a record on his show and said, "ive just been handed a white label record, I don't know who its by, but I reckon you can all work it out", and played Cheese & Onions. As a massive Lennon fan, as soon as those piano chords started playing, I knew The Man was back.

Brilliant.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...