You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Arsenal in europe myth

fivetimes

I think last year every pundit on the box has us getting beat in every round until the final. To be fair our form was poor last season but in Europe against Olympiarcos, Bayer Home and Away, Juve Home / Away & CFC we attacked when we could and were defensivley sound.

This yr Arsenal have been woeful in the league but churned out decent results in the CL. Turning over Juve and Madrid is nothing to turn your nose up at. Only against Villareal away were they shite, more like their early league form. Everyone needs a bit of luck and they got theirs that night with the chances Villareal missed.

IMO the DREAM final has only come about due to arsenal's run of form in the last few months. of course the dream final would of been us, then I would imagine Madrid Vrs Barca. Arsenal are no means a dream side, not this season anyway.

Half of me wants Arsenal to suffer tonight, just to see Wenger squirm after what he said about us last season.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fivetimes - I feel for you right now, you're based in London at the moment aren't you? It's an awful place at the best of times, but today must be worse than ever. Still, at least your aren't listening to 'ifiradnabinfor' all day.

yes mate still working down here. Its hell at the minute (although overall i dont mind arsenal fans as opposed to some others!)

I come home every weekend for my regular intake of "ifiradnabinfor"... :D

Anyone know any good spanish bars in london for tonight ;)

Its not as if Arsenal have an amazing pedigree is it? And I feel that Euro Cups are our thing, certainly not a team that has NEVER won it.

However, as much as I want Arsenal to lose, they most likely will win - hence to soften the blow I have put a £20 bet on them to win.

Its a win win situation really.

Its not as if Arsenal have an amazing pedigree is it? And I feel that Euro Cups are our thing, certainly not a team that has NEVER won it.

However, as much as I want Arsenal to lose, they most likely will win - hence to soften the blow I have put a £20 bet on them to win.

What are the best odds you got for that mate?

Good idea.

Gerrard wants Gunners win

Steven Gerrard has pinned his colours to the Arsenal mast ahead of Wednesday's UEFA Champions League final.

Gerrard lifted the trophy on an amazing night in Istanbul 12 months ago and he wants Arsenal to see off the challenge of Barcelona in Paris in order to keep the coveted trophy on English soil.

The England star has revealed that Arsenal talisman Thierry Henry was supporting Liverpool last term and Gerrard is happy for the roles to be reversed.

"Once Arsenal were eliminated, he wanted Liverpool to win it," Gerrard told Sky Sports' Champions League Special. "He was texting, making phone calls before and after games, wishing us good luck and congratulating us when we won.

"I remember having a text message from him after the final and he was really pleased for us.

"It is vice-versa now, I have been texting and phoning, wishing him well.

"I hope they follow suit and win it.

"I want them to bring this (trophy) back home to England."

:whistle:

Guest TK-421
yes mate still working down here. Its hell at the minute (although overall i dont mind arsenal fans as opposed to some others!)

I come home every weekend for my regular intake of "ifiradnabinfor"... :D

Anyone know any good spanish bars in london for tonight ;)

There's a good tapas bar on the Holloway Road that's always showing the Spanish footie I'd imagine it will be going off in there tonight the problem is its a stone's throw from Highbury.

Gerrard lifted the trophy on an amazing night in Istanbul 12 months ago and he wants Arsenal to see off the challenge of Barcelona in Paris in order to keep the coveted trophy on English soil.

It's going nowhere, it's still in our trophy cabinet, and I don't want any London club to win any european cup ever. Not even the new one.

And why the fuck are Arsenal fans such a bunch of small time losers?

They're like supporters of Northampton or Bournemouth for fucks sake. For a big club, they don't have a flagship song, just "Arsene Wengers red and white army" and "Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal" along with all the more recent soccer-am style stuff.

Never understood that. It must have been awful for other fans last year when we won it if we got even half the attention Arsenal are getting! Come on Barca.

So true this. I received a text last night from a couple of mates (LFC fans) who are in Paris right now, saying they saw a shedload of Gooners doing 'Ring of Fire'. That's plagiarism that is.

Seeing as last season we won the CL on a shootout after a thrilling 3-3 then won the FA Cup in similar circumstances, as Arsenal won last year's FA Cup on a shootout after a tedious 0-0, wacky football logic suggests Arsenal will win this year's CL by virtue of a shootout following a dull 0-0 draw.

Seeing as last season we won the CL on a shootout after a thrilling 3-3 then won the FA Cup in similar circumstances, as Arsenal won last year's FA Cup on a shootout after a tedious 0-0, wacky football logic suggests Arsenal will win this year's CL by virtue of a shootout following a dull 0-0 draw.

No way!! They’re “the two most exciting teams in the world”.

No way!! They’re “the two most exciting teams in the world”.

And our final with Milan was supposed to be a cure to insomniacs all over Europe.

I'm heading to the bookies with a fist full of cash and a head full of strange converse football theories.

I'm hoping for a good game and I feel Barcelona have that bit more going forward and will come out as winners. But I won't be upset at all if Arsenal win. The Gunners are not anywhere near my 'hate radar', so I can be relatively civil towards them. I think Henry is a great player, and if he ends up scoring a winner and then calling it a day on his time at Arsenal then that would be a great ending.

Wenger made a couple of stupid comments about us after we won last season, but I've forgiven him those. I know what Michael Thomas did in 1989 too! But I just can't hate Arsenal anything like Man Utd, Chelsea or Everton (not that the latter are our rivals in any footballing sense, just a geographical one).

I still think Barca will win tonight, and I'm hoping for a great game.

As much as I dislike Wenger, Henry's talent deserves to be rewarded with a CL win somewhere in his career.

After all he's only won the Premiership, FA Cup, French Ligue 1, Confederations Cup, World Cup, and European Championship.

Come on you gooners! You are shit this season but may win somthing in europe. You were awsome a few seasons back but god damn chocked at every stage. From all that you deserve some recognition in Europe. Wouldn't mind barca winning it either just for the good of the game. But would be more pleased if Arsenal took it back to England.

fivetimes - I feel for you right now, you're based in London at the moment aren't you? It's an awful place at the best of times, but today must be worse than ever. Still, at least your aren't listening to 'ifiradnabinfor' all day.

Why is London an awful place?