You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Arsenal in europe myth

fivetimes

I hope this gets exploded tonight. If they play campbell I reckon (and hope) they get ripped apart.

I am fed up of the media bollocks about "dream final"!???! They think arsenal will attack tongiht???? Dont make me laugh.

Madrid, real and villareal, all they did was bore and defend their way there in every away game. We did that at Juve and got slaughtered for it, they do it and they are "brave, organised and resolute". Fuck off southern media shower of shite.

The plaudits are being given because of the way they play in the premier league.

I just hope the weight of expectation doesnt get to barca as it so often has done and they fuck it up.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream Final? Yeah right.... FFS they have never even won it once... this moring in the Guardian they said Madrid have won it 9 times, Milan 6 and then Ayax 4.. err what abotu us you cunts?

I want them to lose tonight, so badly it hurts.

all they did was bore and defend their way there in every away game. We did that at Juve and got slaughtered for it

I don't suppose you could find any examples of the media slaughtering us for playing defensively at Juve last season, could you? It would help your argument immensely.

Dream Final? Yeah right.... FFS they have never even won it once... this moring in the Guardian they said Madrid have won it 9 times, Milan 6 and then Ayax 4.. err what abotu us you cunts?

I want them to lose tonight, so badly it hurts.

Given the quality of their proof readers, it's possible they spell Liverpool with a silent Ayax, and spell 5 as 4.

Guest Blakes 7

Yes its all gotten very tiresome.

Did you see any news footage this morning? It basically showed that Arsenal European pedigree in all its glory...4 lads stood behind the reported chanting 'arrrsennaaal'

If that was us, the eiffel tower would be covered in red by now...

Wenger has finally learnt, and they have played a hell of a lot of counter attacking football in the knock out rounds. Probably the most out of any team I have watched.

I can see them picking off Barcelona similarly tonight. On the break, the pace which they have in Henry, Reyes and to a certain extent Fabregas is unstoppable at times and I can see Puyol being made to look a mug.

Dont get upset by the media, any final would be a dream final to them, just to get some publicity, viewing figures and sell a few papers.

We all know Liverpool v AC Milan has a certain je ne sais quoi about it :yes:

As for my preference, dont mind really as long as its a decent final with goals. would laugh my ass off if barca didnt win though.

Jesus, I am not writing a dissertation here?!??!?!

I appreciate this, but if you're going to go off on a rant, the very least you can do is back it up with cold, hard facts.

Without that support, you just sound as bitter as a bluenose (and I hate saying that).

I hope this gets exploded tonight. If they play campbell I reckon (and hope) they get ripped apart.

I am fed up of the media bollocks about "dream final"!???! They think arsenal will attack tongiht???? Dont make me laugh.

Madrid, real and villareal, all they did was bore and defend their way there in every away game. We did that at Juve and got slaughtered for it, they do it and they are "brave, organised and resolute". Fuck off southern media shower of shite.

The plaudits are being given because of the way they play in the premier league.

I just hope the weight of expectation doesnt get to barca as it so often has done and they fuck it up.

mate, you know my feelings on this. what proper fucks me off though is i don't even think it's as you say they're getting praise for the way they play in the prem - they've been shite most of the season. hardly scored a goals when they've gone north of birmingham. they're getting praised for the team they were 2 years ago, which was obviously fantastic to watch. they've been shite in just about every match i've watched them this season. they just hit the ball to henry as quickly as possible and hope for him to produce some magic ... and we're the one man team. fuck them, i hope they get stuffed tonight to shut up the southern press and perhaps make them realise how truley monumental our performance was last season and how difficult it's gonna be for any of the southern darlings to get near our 5 wins.

I cannot see the team that hammered Chelsea losing to these cunts. Barcelona are in a different league to the other shite Arsenal have played this season. Take Henry out of the game, and Arsenal are nothing. With Barca tonight they have several match winners.

I appreciate this, but if you're going to go off on a rant, the very least you can do is back it up with cold, hard facts.

Without that support, you just sound as bitter as a bluenose (and I hate saying that).

I am not trawling through media archives trying to find quotes FFS???.

Every fan of every other club was also giving us shit. If you dont remember this then so be it. I do. (Arsenal were indeed one of said clubs).

I dont want them to win it, I am fully entitled to my view. I find the media garbage exactly that. Garbage.

I also dont want any other club in england to win anything!! Now if that sounds bitter I can see why, but thats how i feel. The more they win, the better they get, the harder it is for us.

And why the fuck are Arsenal fans such a bunch of small time losers?

They're like supporters of Northampton or Bournemouth for fucks sake. For a big club, they don't have a flagship song, just "Arsene Wengers red and white army" and "Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal" along with all the more recent soccer-am style stuff.

Never understood that. It must have been awful for other fans last year when we won it if we got even half the attention Arsenal are getting! Come on Barca.

All this writing Arsenal off is making me very uncomfortable. I would ask people to stop it as it's tempting fate, but I know that's not going to happen. My only hope is that somewhere a Real Madrid forum is giving Barcelona the same treatment.

I hope Barca destroy them. Henry will leave and eventually Wenger too, then we won't have to worry about Arsenal for a while.

It's all about what's best for us.

On top of that, Barcelona are the best side in Europe and deserve to win it. I love watching them play.

Also, anyone remember the comments in the lead up to our final last season? The press (and AC Milan) were debating our style of play and bemoaning the fact we might play 4-5-1. Well the Arse will be playing that way tonight, yet it's strangely silent. Fuck them.