You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Djibril Cisse

Carradona

• 4 years later...

Eamonn Dunphy on Djibril Cisse..

“Here we have Cisse, right wing, attempts to put in a cross. Bang, he hits the full back. Bang, he hits the full back again. Bang, off the full back again. And once more, bang, smacks the full back again. Millions of euro and he can’t clear the first man. I mean, what’s he trying to do to the full back here? Kill him?”

I liked Cisse

Shame he didntcome a year earlier as he would have been great under Ged. Never going to fit into Rafa's plan and the injuries really fucked him.

Still scored a pen in the final and his goal in the cup final a year later got us back in the match

Apparently he intends to concentrate on his DJ'ing. In other words, live off his vast accumulated wealth while doing nothing but getting laid.

Who knows he could be the next Jeff Mills? (Who's more talented than 99% of the 'real' musicians out there today)

Eamonn Dunphy on Djibril Cisse..

“Here we have Cisse, right wing, attempts to put in a cross. Bang, he hits the full back. Bang, he hits the full back again. Bang, off the full back again. And once more, bang, smacks the full back again. Millions of euro and he can’t clear the first man. I mean, what’s he trying to do to the full back here? Kill him?”

To be fair to the lad he worked pretty hard on his crossing and wasn't completely shite at it by the time he left.

I thought he was gonna be an absolute legend when we signed him but his one type of finish - blast it as hard as possible - and his complete lack of dribbling ability meant he was just too limited a player to make it at the top level. Still had an okay goal return in his second season.

I liked Cisse

Shame he didntcome a year earlier as he would have been great under Ged. Never going to fit into Rafa's plan and the injuries really fucked him.

Still scored a pen in the final and his goal in the cup final a year later got us back in the match

Always wondered would he have started the cup final if Garcia wasn't suspended?