You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saddest Song Ever

Joeys Pogo

In Dreams by Roy Orbison too as its a tribute to his two boys who were killed in a house fire when he was on tour.

I guess he may have performed it as a tribute to his sons later on but believe it was written before they died. Still, another heart wrenching song by Roy.

It's Over is another one too, my word that man could emote.

I didn't appreciate him when I was younger, when he had hits in the late 80's my mother used to rave over him clearly moved just talking about him, and I'd roll me eyes. How wrong I was, "mother knows best".

• Upvote 1

Everyone knows the theme to The Deer Hunter but when I was in digs in my first year in college my landlord had this version on a mixed tape and I loved listening to it.  Never knew who arranged this version it and eventually forgot about it. In all the years since then I never heard it again. Thought about it a few years ago and spent ages fucking about on and off trying to find it without any success whatsoever and going listening to multiple versions on you tube until I finally found it (about a month ago!).  Still think it's ace as well.

This could also go in the life wins thread. Probably means fuck all to anyone else but I was made up to hear it again