You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon says three players will leave in the summer - but they will not include Shaun Wright-Phillips or Didier Drogba.

The Blues, who retained the Premiership title on Saturday, will make three new signings and Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack is a transfer target.

Kenyon told BBC Radio Five Live: "It will be three in and three out.

"One of those is clearly Michael Ballack and we hope we can get that done before the World Cup."

Bayern director Karl-Heinz Rummenigge thinks Chelsea's move for Ballack, 29, is "set in stone".

And if the German international does move to Stamford Bridge, Kenyon says he will not be the only new face.

Kenyon added on Five Live's Sportsweek programme: "There is a constant process of improving the team.

"We have got a 24-man squad and that is what we want to maintain. We think that is right for the competitions we are in. It is right from a rotation point of view.

"We can improve, we need to improve and we will improve but we are talking about improving what is already a fantastic squad - it is not easy.

"I am convinced that the players we will bring in for next season will move us on as a team. The ambition at this club from everybody - the board, the owner and the manager - is to do well domestically but also to win the Champions League."

Kenyon also rubbished reports that Mourinho would leave Chelsea, despite securing the club's second successive League title.

Mourinho said on Saturday: "A couple of times, I thought about closing the door and saying goodbye."

But Kenyon explained: "He wasn't close to leaving at all.

"He is a very emotional guy. What he was saying is he had some thoughts.

"He is someone where things happen and then everybody moves on - and that is what happened. It was never in question, it was never serious.

"He is going to be here next year and I think he is going to be here for many years to come.

"He knows what we want to achieve and he has got the resources here and the support here to do it. We are all 200% behind him.

"There is no question he thinks he has finished the job he came here to do - and we don't think that. He is young, he has got many years ahead of him, he's got a great future and what better place for him to be.

"When you look at it in the cold light of day, why would you move somewhere else? There is plenty of time for him to consider other parts of his career a long way down the track.

"He is proud of what we are doing here and what he is doing .

"Sometimes I think he cannot understand why we don't get the credit and he does not get the credit he thinks we deserve. I have to say I fully support him in that.

"To win the Premier League is fantastic but to win it in back-to-back seasons is historical. Only one other team has done it since the Premier League started - Manchester United - the team we beat convincingly and with style on Saturday. "

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon says three players will leave in the summer - but they will not include Shaun Wright-Phillips or Didier Drogba.

The Blues, who retained the Premiership title on Saturday, will make three new signings and Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack is a transfer target.

"One of those is clearly Michael Ballack and we hope we can get that done before the World Cup."

Bayern director Karl-Heinz Rummenigge thinks Chelsea's move for Ballack, 29, is "set in stone".

And if the German international does move to Stamford Bridge, Kenyon says he will not be the only new face.

Kenyon added on Five Live's Sportsweek programme: "There is a constant process of improving the team.

"We have got a 24-man squad and that is what we want to maintain. We think that is right for the competitions we are in. It is right from a rotation point of view.

"We can improve, we need to improve and we will improve but we are talking about improving what is already a fantastic squad - it is not easy.

"I am convinced that the players we will bring in for next season will move us on as a team. The ambition at this club from everybody - the board, the owner and the manager - is to do well domestically but also to win the Champions League."

Kenyon also rubbished reports that Mourinho would leave Chelsea, despite securing the club's second successive League title.

Mourinho said on Saturday: "A couple of times, I thought about closing the door and saying goodbye."

"He is someone where things happen and then everybody moves on - and that is what happened. It was never in question, it was never serious.

"He is going to be here next year and I think he is going to be here for many years to come.

"He knows what we want to achieve and he has got the resources here and the support here to do it. We are all 200% behind him.

"There is no question he thinks he has finished the job he came here to do - and we don't think that. He is young, he has got many years ahead of him, he's got a great future and what better place for him to be.

"When you look at it in the cold light of day, why would you move somewhere else? There is plenty of time for him to consider other parts of his career a long way down the track.

"Sometimes I think he cannot understand why we don't get the credit and he does not get the credit he thinks we deserve. I have to say I fully support him in that.

"To win the Premier League is fantastic but to win it in back-to-back seasons is historical. Only one other team has done it since the Premier League started - Manchester United - the team we beat convincingly and with style on Saturday. "

Del Horno, Crespo and Duff will go I think and I would gladly take Crespo. :tease:

I can see Bridge and Johnson leaving. Or maybe Johnson will go on a season loan.

I believe they've already got there new striker. His name, HUTH

Those two and Maniche would be my bet.

Outsiders would be Crespo and Carvalho.

Absolutely. Crespo is a fantastic player I think. Far superior to that clown that is first choice for them.

Chelsea fans probably agree with you but the two best teams in the premiership have Crouch and Drogba as there main striker and still some people dont get it.

Cannot see SWP being interested in staying there.

He's clearly not needed and he'd have a great career ahead of him at the right club.

don't know about that. he said on footy focus yesterday he's very happy at chelsea, practically told ian wright to fuckoff and mind his own business. imo i don't think he's worth what twatski will ask for him.

Crespo to us will never happen. There was an in-depth interview with him in the Sunday Times a few weeks back where he basically said that he never wanted to come back from Milan and would probably not look to extend his stay in England beyond the end of his Chelsea contract.

The small matter of his wife being frightened out of her wits folllowing an armed robbery at Seba Veron's house and absolutely hating England was also a powerful motivating factor. He'll be off to Italy, most likely AC Milan if they can find the money.

There was an article in the Daily Mail a month or two back suggesting that Shevchenko may be on his way to Chelski this summer with Crespo going the other way as part of the deal. Dunno how true the Shevchenko bit is (although I hope it's bollocks because he's very, very good) but Crespo will surely be offski.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Shevchenko go to Chelsea in part-ex for Crespo. Ballack will be one of the other signings. Can't see where else they need to strengthen though, to be honest, so who the third signing will be I don't know. Maybe another striker. On the way out will be Bridge, Jarosik, Crespo and maybe Cole.

We won't sign SWP, obviously.

Crespo cannot do it in the premiership, why on earth would we want to buy him?.It's the same as veron, some players maybe great who come to our league,but they find it too hard to adapt.Crespo fuck off back to your own shithouse country

That's shite that mate, he's just not suited to Chelsea's style of play. Top class and would prosper in a team more suited to his style of play (ie. not lumping it to whoever is up front). He's 10 x the player Drogba could ever dream of.

That's shite that mate, he's just not suited to Chelsea's style of play. Top class and would prosper in a team more suited to his style of play (ie. not lumping it to whoever is up front). He's 10 x the player Drogba could ever dream of.

Agreed - gotta admire the way he can break down an offside trap, Rush-like. With Xabi, Stevie, and Crouch feeding him he would be lethal. Not many people have breached our defence with the regularity he has.

He came to England under sufferance and will be back to Italy at the first opportunity unfortunately.

Guest FrankH

Kenyon is a piece of shit. Imagine how ManUre fans feel about that turd. :D

I agree he is a quality player,but he is one of a number of quality players who can't handle the english game.

You mean like he scored twice against us in the final last year? He is a quality player, he just need a very good passer of the ball, like Kaka in Milan or a Gerrard/Alonso in LFC to pass him the ball. Then he is lethal.

SWP - Looked like a Twat when he collected his medal yesterday. Gone from being a genuine candidate for one of the brightest talents in the league to a mercenary at Chelsea smiling at his gleaming medal for which he did fuck all to win.

I'd like to say I wanna see him rot there, and for him to hate his dad for advising him to go there but in fairness I like him and wouldn't mind seeing him here.

SWP - Looked like a Twat when he collected his medal yesterday. Gone from being a genuine candidate for one of the brightest talents in the league to a mercenary at Chelsea smiling at his gleaming medal for which he did fuck all to win.

I'd like to say I wanna see him rot there, and for him to hate his dad for advising him to go there but in fairness I like him and wouldn't mind seeing him here.

You watched the Chelsea celebrations??

I'd rather eat my own faeces.