You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shield

Section_31

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished this last night. What a show. I've never had my feelings for a character do so many 180's. In the end, I felt sorry for shane after disliking him for so long and I hated Vic at the end. I was glad of the ending that Ronnie got too.

It was powerful at the end. Nearly in tears at some parts at and angry at others. The acting was absolutely immense throughout bar maybe Corrine and Acaveda. But it goes to show that the best actors are mainly on tv now rather than film.

That phone call between Vic and Shane at the end. Fucking hell. What a scene..

Just finished this last night. What a show. I've never had my feelings for a character do so many 180's. In the end, I felt sorry for shane after disliking him for so long and I hated Vic at the end. I was glad of the ending that Ronnie got too.

It was powerful at the end. Nearly in tears at some parts at and angry at others. The acting was absolutely immense throughout bar maybe Corrine and Acaveda. But it goes to show that the best actors are mainly on tv now rather than film.

That phone call between Vic and Shane at the end. Fucking hell. What a scene..

All of that and more...

I thought Acaveda was a poor character though.

I always liked Shane throughout, despite some of the things he got up to and he majorly pissed me off at one point!

Yeah he was a redneck, racist twat but he made me laugh a lot.

That phone call between Vic and Shane at the end. Fucking hell. What a scene...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Especially when you consider Shane's wife in real life had committed suicide not long before filming those final scenes.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Especially when you consider Shane's wife in real life had committed suicide not long before filming those final scenes.

Fuckin' hell..

Fuckin' hell..

That's knocked me for 6

We've started watching it through for the second time, just started season 3. I lent the whole lot to a colleague who gave up after 9 episodes, when we got them back we decided to give it another go. Still blown away by it, high octane, addictive stuff.

Said it before, but the 'phonecall' and the general interaction between Shane and Vic towards the end is the best acting I've ever seen on the small or big screen. The bit where Vic is shaking as he's pouring every last ounce of spite into the phone is incredible "I'll muss their hair, and tell them some good old tales about mom and pop, I'll send you a postcard from Space Mountan".

It was just fucking incredible, incredible.

The bit where Kavanaugh realises he's being watched on the camera too is breathtaking and knocks you for six it's so intense. "You...You!....take his badge and take his gun! You take his badge and you take his gun!"

Still can't believe Aceveda was 30 in the first season of The Shield. Thought he was a quality character, the perfect foil for Vic - everything that Vic was/and wasn't.

The line

"how much memory has that thing got?"

Just turned me from dozing off as its been a long day to a whooping, cackling, clapping american stereotype for about 20 seconds.

Oh no he di'n't!

Christ, what a delivery... kudos mr chiklis.

This scene still just blows my mind, up there with the Binoche audition from Code Unknown. Just incredible acting... and writing.

The best things about shows like The Shield, Wire and Sopranos are the subtle little things.

Did anyone get onto the fact Lanie Kellis - the civilian auditor in season 2, was bulimic?

Dutch is in the kitchen eating cake and she turns her nose up at it, but then he tells her it's home made and she has some. Next thing he goes to go in the bog and hears someone spewing, and a couple of seconds later she walks out.

Has absolutely no bearing on the plot at all. Quality.

Watching it back a second time the first clue you get is when the Meter Maid has been shot.

Kellis asks to use the rest room and comes out spraying breath freshner, later in the episode Dutch goes for a piss but hears someone throwing up and Kellis comes out later spraying breath freshner again.

I love when Kellis asks for the rest room key and it's on a large Calafornia number plate keyring with 'JOHN' on it.