You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shield

Section_31

(I'm in proper girly mode here) Still nothing?

Went to hospital for her 10am appointment she already had. Braxton Hicks- bastards. I got excited too!

At home now but being induced at 0800 tomorrow morning if nothing happens between now and then. Started my paternity this PM now as she's gone for a nap.

Me and the girls have just had a macdonals and watching Jungle book.

Went to hospital for her 10am appointment she already had. Braxton Hicks- bastards. I got excited too!

At home now but being induced at 0800 tomorrow morning if nothing happens between now and then. Started my paternity this PM now as she's gone for a nap.

Me and the girls have just had a macdonals and watching Jungle book.

You're gonna need a bigger couch!

However much I don't like Whittaker's charachter (as he's trying to bring the team down) his is a phenominal actor. That scene with is wife in the interegation room was brilliant.

Also the scene when he trashed his motel room. To go from being so calm to bursting at the height of that emotion is brilliant. Daniel Day lewis can fuck off. Forest is where its at baby.

There's an even better one with him coming up mate.

I especially like the camera work when he is interegating people. Getting close into his face.

Although its been in terms of action the least of my favourite series thus far, but the acting is fucking brilliant. Goggins seems to be coming into his own a lot more. Seems settled now.

But what about the baby?

What fucking baby!!!! She couldn't be more shit at going into labour if she tried. Had a 24hour pessiry (sp) in all day. I went home after being at hospital from 0800-2100 last night. Just arrived again after dropping the other two urchins at her aunties house.

Back another day at hospital now.

Turned up and they're given her a rest day before trying to induce her again tomorrow. So after she's showered we are going to walk the entire grounds of the hospital. This baby is coming out today!!!!!

What fucking baby!!!! She couldn't be more shit at going into labour if she tried. Had a 24hour pessiry (sp) in all day. I went home after being at hospital from 0800-2100 last night. Just arrived again after dropping the other two urchins at her aunties house.

Back another day at hospital now.

Turned up and they're given her a rest day before trying to induce her again tomorrow. So after she's showered we are going to walk the entire grounds of the hospital. This baby is coming out today!!!!!

It must be cosy in there!

So, a walk, reflexology, a curry, sex, what else have people suggested to get this thing moving?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

The whole box set is now available for free on 4 On Demand. 

Excellent.

As highly as I rate Breaking Bad and Mad Men, I think The Shield is on that 1a, 1b 1c level with The Wire and The Sopranos. 

If anyone is watching it for the first time, the pilot is great but with the exception of Dragonchasers(episode 10) season 1 is only decent, like a 6/10. In Season 2, they really begin to smoke and when Forrest Whittaker turns up in season 5 you are in for some of the most amazing and thrilling TV known to man.

It's also highly addictive. It's completely normal to sit down with the idea of watching one episode at 9pm, then watching the next 2 seasons and fucking work off. I can attest to this.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Excellent.

As highly as I rate Breaking Bad and Mad Men, I think The Shield is on that 1a, 1b 1c level with The Wire and The Sopranos. 

If anyone is watching it for the first time, the pilot is great but with the exception of Dragonchasers(episode 10) season 1 is only decent, like a 6/10. In Season 2, they really begin to smoke and when Forrest Whittaker turns up in season 5 you are in for some of the most amazing and thrilling TV known to man.

It's also highly addictive. It's completely normal to sit down with the idea of watching one episode at 9pm, then watching the next 2 seasons and fucking work off. I can attest to this.

Completely agree. The only series I’d have above it is The Wire but then I’m a fucking Wire geek. 

The Wire just edges it overall but I’ve never watched something as addictive as The Shield, it’s like crack. 

I first started watching it when Carly was having chemo and she was struggling to sleep so we were staying up all night binge watching it. 

I was going to work on about 90 minutes sleep a night for 3 weeks until we’d finished it.