You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shield

Section_31

Just finished Season 5, stunning. Forest Whitaker's character is superb and the season climax is a shocker to end all shockers!

Season 6 has just started on Ch5, although I've missed the first three episodes while watching Season 5.

What a programme. I only watched Season 1 in November, and now I'm pretty much upto speed. I haven't been gripped by a programme in this way for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just finished season 6, amazing tv, even better as I thought 6 was the last season?! Fucking made up I am, you can imagine the scenarios I had going through my head towards the end considering I thought it was the last ever show! I am right that there's only 13 episodes yeah?

Still not as good as battlestar galactica, but one of my favourite programmes all the same.

Wonder how a Shield like drama could play out in this country. Some scumbag comes into custody having smashed his wife's face in only to be asked: "Would you like a hot drink?" :no

Instead of Vic's: "I'm a different kind of Cop", we would get: "We will have to bail you to get CPS advice even though you are admitting the offence".

Still not as good as battlestar galactica, but one of my favourite programmes all the same.

Wonder how a Shield like drama could play out in this country. Some scumbag comes into custody having smashed his wife's face in only to be asked: "Would you like a hot drink?" :no

Instead of Vic's: "I'm a different kind of Cop", we would get: "We will have to bail you to get CPS advice even though you are admitting the offence".

Quality, another convert!

fatsalutejl1.gif

• 2 years later...
Keep jumping

Got the complete series 1-7 boxset for Christmas, along with the Sopranos one, and just got round to watching it again now.

Anyway, watching a series one episode last night and me bird is on the couch next to me on facebook on the laptop. Scene comes on where Mackey kicks shit out of this fella and she looks up, watches said scene and says " he reminds me of Ross Kemp"

Thing is, I'm meant to be getting married to her in September; but how can I after this?

• 1 year later...

It was 3 years the other day since the series finale of this was shown. And as the current president of FX, John Solberg, tweeted

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Vic Mackey's 3-year deal with ICE ends today. Back on the streets.

Made me realise that I've gotta rewatch this series again soon.

It was 3 years the other day since the series finale of this was shown. And as the current president of FX, John Solberg, tweeted

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Vic Mackey's 3-year deal with ICE ends today. Back on the streets.

Made me realise that I've gotta rewatch this series again soon.

What a fucking film that'd make.

• 1 year later...