You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think the game against Stoke would be exactly the sort of game he was signed for. We're going to be bombarded in the air, so as soon as we've got the ball on the break, we're going to want to get it to the likes of Downing, Bellamy, Suarez and Enrique so they can break quickly and catch Stoke - the oldest group of players in the league - on the hop. Stick him in, I say.

• 7 years later...

I'm gonna say it. I love Craig Bellamy and I with we had him is whole career. I think he peaked for us as well. Obviously he is a fiery fucker that managers probably didn't want to deal with but what a fucking player. I'd have him over any of our forwards on the bench. Obviously our front 3 are another level but Bellamy is someone i'd want around if I was manager. i might have to smack him a few times but I love him. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Arl arse this. Trial by media with no investigation. Parents don't remove their son from a professional club. The kid got released and they are hysterical. Bellamy probably gave the poor sod a bit of tough love. 

Dv-gMHWXQAAX_kX.jpg:large

He's got previous for being a cunt. I liked him as a player but can imagine he's a bit of a bully.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Arl arse this. Trial by media with no investigation. Parents don't remove their son from a professional club. The kid got released and they are hysterical. Bellamy probably gave the poor sod a bit of tough love. 

That’s exactly what happened, it’s bullshit.

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No idea whether he did it or not. You clearly have all the facts though - which must be nice for you...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I’ve really liked him when he’s been a regular on Sky he’s come across much more measured than I expected.

No idea if he’s guilty or not so will reserve judgement. He, himself, has decided to step away while it’s been sorted.

• 2 years later...

Former Wales and Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy has left his role as Anderlecht assistant manager to deal with depression.

The 42-year-old spoke about his mental health in 2020 and said he had had the condition since his playing days.

In a statement Anderlecht said Bellamy's mental health problems "have resurfaced again recently".

They added he "took a very difficult, but absolutely necessary decision concerning his health" to leave.