You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Redknapp: fence sitting fidget

KevieG

watching the post match analysis last and the host ask's redknapp who's gonna win the cup

que our jamie about to nail his colours to the mast and say how after dishing out a 7-0 thumping that no-one will stop us. think again. the fidgetting cliche machine that jamie has become spurts out some nonsense along the following lines " west ham are really in a great position after last night, and chelsea of course will be very hard to beat, then again liverpool really showed there class tonight, and i suspect the winners of charlton/boro have got to fancy their chances"

what a grade A tool. i've never seen someone yabber on so much without actually saying anything. makes andy and all look like wise old sages.

I like the guy. If he was too biased towards liverpool, his future in the job would be less secure. the guy is doing his best, and has his own future to look after.

he is probably not the outspoken type, who is happy to upset supporters of various clubs like some other pundits.

i can't fault him for that.

I like the guy. If he was too biased towards liverpool, his future in the job would be less secure. the guy is doing his best, and has his own future to look after.

he is probably not the outspoken type, who is happy to upset supporters of various clubs like some other pundits.

i can't fault him for that.

he's there to analyse but has no opinions. picking a team to win the cup is hardly controversial

watching the post match analysis last and the host ask's redknapp who's gonna win the cup

que our jamie about to nail his colours to the mast and say how after dishing out a 7-0 thumping that no-one will stop us. think again. the fidgetting cliche machine that jamie has become spurts out some nonsense along the following lines " west ham are really in a great position after last night, and chelsea of course will be very hard to beat, then again liverpool really showed there class tonight, and i suspect the winners of charlton/boro have got to fancy their chances"

what a grade A tool. i've never seen someone yabber on so much without actually saying anything. makes andy and all look like wise old sages.

He just says it as it is mate I think hes quality, hes right in sitting on the fench it is a tough one to call just because we beat Brum 7-0 doesnt mean we are automatically going to win the cup... Chelsea will be tough to beat, they will not have a problem with the barcodes tonight, wouldnt suprise me if it was more or less the same score id say, id piss myself if Newcastle won though.

he's there to analyse but has no opinions. picking a team to win the cup is hardly controversial

maybe he believes chelsea will win, but he didn't want to say? maybe he would have answered if he was pressed a little more. i'm not sure. but you are right he is there to analyse, which he did so on the match.

concerning his opinions on who is going to win the cup... answering without answering, doesn't necessarily make him a 'grade a tool' :no

Remember the first episode of the new Dr. Who with Christopher Eccleston (Living plastic - the Autons)?

Anyone else think DJ Campbell looked like an Auton plastic copy like Rose's (Billy Piper) boyfriend (Mickey)?

Thank you!! Was bugging me all night that. Have you ever seen a more perfect hairline?

I like Jamie Redknapp. He is pro-Liverpool, but he cannot be as blatant about this as everyone on this forum wants him to be. Not if he wants a career as a pundit. And as for the overall FA Cup winners, who can say?

All reds fans will say Liverpool will win - and why not? We've got a great chance and since we've some into the goals in such a spectacular fashion it only boosts us further.

But I defy anyone to be certain about the outcome if we draw Chelsea - either in the semi or the final. It will be touch and go. And there's no scandal in Redknapp sitting on the fence over that.

I like Jamie Redknapp. He is pro-Liverpool, but he cannot be as blatant about this as everyone on this forum wants him to be. Not if he wants a career as a pundit.

Its not just Liverpool he's non commital about, its everything. He'll be just a vapid in a game between say Portsmouth and Villa.

ps. Sky also employ Phil Thompson, Frank Mclintock and many opinionated other pundits. Even Andy Gray is for the most past anti-LFC because of his Everton past, which in turn causes him to lean towards Chelsea and United.

Guest TK-421

Redknapp does come across as something of a jibbering moron, partly because he speaks too quickly and tries to say everything before any other pundit has a chance to speak, but probably has some valid opinions somewhere.

Felt sorry for DJ, having to watch his team get taken to the cleaners and then asked to offer some insightful punditry afterwards. Ridiculous choice of studio guest if you ask me, which you didn't.

Guest tactics truck
Its not just Liverpool he's non commital about, its everything. He'll be just a vapid in a game between say Portsmouth and Villa.

ps. Sky also employ Phil Thompson, Frank Mclintock and many opinionated other pundits. Even Andy Gray is for the most past anti-LFC because of his Everton past, which in turn causes him to lean towards Chelsea and United.

Frank Mclintock. Now theres a strange fellow. Do you ever find that when you say his name your face automatically takes on his facial features in order to pronounce it correctly?

Redknapp is too pally with too many people involved in the game to make a decent pundit, and I'm bored seeing him turn up at every match on Sky with his bland sitting on the fence style that is almost reminiscent of Trevor Brooking.

Think about it, Liverpool and Spurs are clubs he played for, his dad is manager at Portsmouth, his cousin plays for Chelsea and he's a life long West Ham fan as are all his family, that's a lot of clubs he's going to be tip-toeing around. I prefer to see a different pundit for each game, look at how stale Alan Hansen is on Match Of The Day compared with when he first appeared on the telly.

That video clip from RTE when Dunphy and Brady were going at it hammer and tongues was far more entertaining match comment than I've ever seen on the BBC or Sky.

Guest tactics truck
Redknapp is too pally with too many people involved in the game to make a decent pundit, and I'm bored seeing him turn up at every match on Sky with his bland sitting on the fence style that is almost reminiscent of Trevor Brooking.

Think about it, Liverpool and Spurs are clubs he played for, his dad is manager at Portsmouth, his cousin plays for Chelsea and he's a life long West Ham fan as are all his family, that's a lot of clubs he's going to be tip-toeing around. I prefer to see a different pundit for each game, look at how stale Alan Hansen is on Match Of The Day compared with when he first appeared on the telly.

That video clip from RTE when Dunphy and Brady were going at it hammer and tongues was far more entertaining match comment than I've ever seen on the BBC or Sky.

I once sat and watched the film 'Big Lebowski' all the way through and couldn't muster one laugh, although I read the back of the video and it said funny. What a swizz!

I reckon they should get Dunphy on Sly. He might be a cantanckerous old git who sucks on Keane's pork sword but at least he's alive and entertaining.

I reckon they should get Dunphy on Sly. He might be a cantanckerous old git who sucks on Keane's pork sword but at least he's alive and entertaining.

sky had johhny giles on for a leeds game about 7 or 8 years ago and dumped him after 1 game for critisizing players for not trying and calling someone dishonest.

hell would frezze over before dunphy was let on. can you imagine him telling everyone that jose was a bluffer and a tactically inept fraud. way too much of a loose cannon. although i hear his relationship with keane is over

Guest tactics truck
That's no surprise considering how regularly you fail to get it on here.

Well no because I didn't falsely advertise myself as a funny product. That film had a mass marketing label as 'funny' and it wasn't even fun. You can't just expect it to be fun because it has John Candy in, you have to be able to back up the claim on a court of law-something 'The Big Lebowski' fails to do.

If it had said 'Bowling film' I would have no complaints, however it's poorly labelled label might well have had 'baked beans in a rich tomatoe sauce' on it instead.

Well no because I didn't falsely advertise myself as a funny product. That film had a mass marketing label as 'funny' and it wasn't even fun. You can't just expect it to be fun because it has John Candy in, you have to be able to back up the claim on a court of law-something 'The Big Lebowski' fails to do.

If it had said 'Bowling film' I would have no complaints, however it's poorly labelled label might well have had 'baked beans in a rich tomatoe sauce' on it instead.

You like comedies like Scary Movie don't you?