You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why would we need Aguero in our pace, creativity and technique-rich attack? Don't be ridiculous. We need us a fine Stewart Downing we do, a quality English winger who can cross the ball. That be what we need.

Guess someone used Jedi mind tricks to convince Aguero to go to a club not in the CL, after all a player like him in his right mind would never do that, why move to some tiny club like Juventus or Liverpool? He should go to Udinese, they can offer CL football.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we need Aguero in our pace, creativity and technique-rich attack? Don't be ridiculous. We need us a fine Stewart Downing we do, a quality English winger who can cross the ball. That be what we need.

Guess someone used Jedi mind tricks to convince Aguero to go to a club not in the CL, after all a player like him in his right mind would never do that, why move to some tiny club like Juventus or Liverpool? He should go to Udinese, they can offer CL football.

Tedious. Might have something to do with Juve offering him 250k a week.

• 7 years later...

When we play City at the Etihad in the league, Aguero ALWAYS scores against us when he plays. It's basically a 1-0 head start for them in this fixture if he's in the team. Look at the stats.

---

2011/12 - Man City 3 (Aguero 10', Y Toure 33', Milner pen 75'), Liverpool 0

2012/13 - Man City 2 (Dzeko 23', Aguero 78'), Liverpool 2 (Sturridge 29', Gerrard 73')

2013/14 - Man City 2-1 Liverpool (Aguero did not play in this one)

2014/15 - Man City 3 (Jovetic 41', 55', Aguero 69'), Liverpool 1 (Zabaleta og 83')

2015/16 - Man City 1 (Aguero 44'), Liverpool 4 (Mangala og 7', Coutinho 23', Firmino 32', Skrtel 81')

2016/17 - Man City 1 (Aguero 69'), Liverpool 1 (Milner pen 51')

2017/18 - Man City 5 (Aguero 25', Jesus 45+6', 53', Sane 77', 90+1'), Liverpool 0

2018/19 - Man City 2 (Aguero 40', Sane 72'), Liverpool 1 (Firmino 64')

---

He's been up against the likes of Skrtel or Lovren in all that time, and both have a tendency to be all over the shop and lose their discipline when we're under the cosh, which a side as strong as City is well capable of doing. And yet, I don't think Aguero has ever scored at Anfield!

Guest Alex_K

2 league goals away from home all season (1 until a few days ago, when he scored at Southampton). He is an absolute scourge at City, but so often invisible when they visit us at Anfield. Goes some way to explain the disparity in results. Tonight was, I understand, only the 5th time he's played 90 minutes this season; a similar record during the second half of the season would go a long way towards keeping them off our tails.

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Fantastic player. Doesn't seem to be a cunt either. Had a head start tonight by virtue of playing against a fucking clown, but he still had to beat a very good keeper and did so with aplomb. 

Not for me Loven gave him space he let rip, got lucky it flew in. 

Guest Alex_K
2 minutes ago, Red Hot said:

I recall on the old Shankley gates willing us to sign him, it never happened a shame , as I feel he would of done exceptional for us. 

Per the link below (and his comments), we almost did. Unfortunately, it coincided with the cowboys milking the club dry and he went to Atletico. David Silva and Sergio Aguero into Rafa's side would have been tasty (also shows how old they are getting on now ..):

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/2371849/aguero-eyes-reds-move

9 minutes ago, Red Hot said:

I recall on the old Shankley gates willing us to sign him, it never happened a shame , as I feel he would of done exceptional for us. 

Club was in bits around the time we were linked, probably would have been exceptional for a season or two before fucking us off.