You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I can't imagine Bayerns financial situation being much better than ours. It's probably worse. It would be a massive risk forthem to sign him for around the figure qouted, but if he's success then it'll seem like pittance.

It works out at about £10m. If he's really that good and Rafa wants him then that seems like a reasonable amount. It would be fantastic to have an absolute gem in the Messi mould.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine Bayerns financial situation being much better than ours. It's probably worse. It would be a massive risk forthem to sign him for around the figure qouted, but if he's success then it'll seem like pittance.

Bayern want to swoop before the Italian and Spanish clubs. Their stategy to keep the move quiet involves giving an interview to Bild. Hmmm.

Guest Momo Sissoko
sometimes you got to take a risk ,we missed out on the laudrups when i was a kid cos we wouldnt take a risk.

Is this Rashids more annoying younger brother?

Argentine starlet Aguero invites Liverpool bid

First Published: Mar 30, 2006

Independiente's Argentine teenage sensation Sergio Aguero, seen, says he would prefer to join his boyhood club and Champions League holders Liverpool rather than German champions Bayern Munich.

Last week Bayern confirmed their interest in the 17-year-old Aguero, who can operate as an attacking midfielder or a striker, but the Argentine talent is holding out for a move to English side Liverpool.

"If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League," Aguero is quoted as saying in the Munich TZ newspaper.

"I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.

"I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed that new signings will be made in the summer and a striker is expected with the club's shot-shy forwards firing blanks this season.

With German international captain Michael Ballack seemingly on his way to Chelsea, Bayern are also on the lookout for a new creative player and chairman Karl-Heinz Rummennigge said a bid was imminent.

"Aguero has great ability and we need to make a move before the Spanish and Italian clubs join the race, otherwise he will be expensive," Rummenigge told Bild daily.

"He certainly would not be a snip but for a young player of his quality you sometimes have to be prepared to take a risk."

Aguero, contracted at Independiente until 2007, has not been capped by the Argentine national side but is still expected to cost around 15 million euros (18 million dollars).

We must have a strong interest because I cant for the life of me see why a 17 year old Argie would come out and say this otherwise. Unless he's solely basing liking us on the CL Final.

I figure he watched us in Instanbul and the World Club thingy. Why would you support us all the way from argentina? O_o

I'd love us to sign Aguero. The flavour of the club these days is such that a young Argentinian should be able to make enough connections to be helped to settle. I've seen the various video clips of him and he does look an exceptional talent. If Rafa is OK to spend the money on him then that's endorsement enough for me.

As with the signing of any youngster, there is an element of risk in this possible deal. Will he be a D'Allesandro or a Messi?

If we do manage to sign Aguero then I hope we are able to sign another striker; one who is seen as perhaps more of a 'sure thing' in terms of settling and scoring for us. (Any of Torres/Kuyt/Owen would do me, but I don't know how far our budget will stretch).

It's euros.But I still doubt it's going to happen.

And it wouldnt be paid in 1 go and also the transfer would be broken into various conditions ie pay x amount when he has made so appearnances, so many goals etc.

If he meets the criteria of the contract then he will have been a success.

And it wouldnt be paid in 1 go and also the transfer would be broken into various conditions ie pay x amount when he has made so appearnances, so many goals etc.

If he meets the criteria of the contract then he will have been a success.

Wouldn't disagree with that.I just can't see Rafa blowing the budget on a wonder-kid.

I think this summer's budget will be used for 2 or 3 players who can make a real impact next season not in two or three years time.

I just don't think Rafa will blow half of it on another "one for the future" even if he is really promising.