You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monday's rumours

Meanwhile at Liverpool, Rafael Benítez will pursue his attempts to salvage something from the Houllier ruins by signing 17-year-old Argentinian forward Sergio Aguero who, absurdly, has already been dubbed the new Lionel Messi (who at 21 clearly needs an heir). Aguero's club Independiente value him at £15m and reckon that if Liverpool don't stump that up, then Barcelona or Real Madrid will.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday's rumours

Meanwhile at Liverpool, Rafael Benítez will pursue his attempts to salvage something from the Houllier ruins by signing 17-year-old Argentinian forward Sergio Aguero who, absurdly, has already been dubbed the new Lionel Messi (who at 21 clearly needs an heir). Aguero's club Independiente value him at £15m and reckon that if Liverpool don't stump that up, then Barcelona or Real Madrid will.

eh whats the souce?? Whats all this Houllier ruins bollocks?

A mate of mine who watches all kinds of footy told me about that kid about six months ago. He watches the Argie footy on channel 5 or Bravo whatever channel its on, and said he was going to be as good as Messi.

Don't know if there's anything in this story, but unless the kid has a European passport it's a non starter anyway is it not? Skysports News showed him scoring a goal against River Plate last week, and there's a campaign in the Argie media to get him in the world cup squad.

The Argie coach apparently doesn't want to pick him, because he said they already have far too many short arses in the squad (Aimar, Tevez, Messi etc).

Don't know if there's anything in this story, but unless the kid has a European passport it's a non starter anyway is it not?

There is an exception for 'exceptional talents' (that's how the mancs got Tim Howard i think, he didn't have enough international appearances), and that's how they and Chelsea would try to get a player like Freddy Adu.

The new Romario apparently. Seen alot of him on channel 5 and he's absolute quality. Nothing like messi though, he can dribble but gets in the box alot more and is a quality finisher more like Saviola or Romario. He hasn't got an EU passport but maybe we could look to get him a work permit on the basis he's an exceptional talent or sign him and loan him Gonzalez style. At 17 signing him and loaning him to Spain for 2 years to get a passport at the longest might be a good bit of business if he ends up as good as he can be

Depends on what you see as risk, I thought Rooney was a bargain at £27M.

Thing is we'd all seen a lot more of Rooney, and he'd done well in the Euros before Man U paid that money.

With this lad, because not a lot of fans (or journalists) will have seen him play, and that he hasn't played in Euro/Premiership competition he will be seen as a risk if we pay big money.

However the only way we can get a "world class" player is either to bring them through the ranks a la Gerrard or take a bit of a risk when they are 17/18. If we pay £15 million for this kid and he turns out to be of Romario/Messi standard then that's a bargain. And there's no way we would be able afford him when he's 23 and proved himself cos he'd cost £30 million.

Monday's rumours

just watched that clip of him and he looks awesome considering hes only 17, Arsenal took a gamble on Walcott he cost them nearly 13 million, that kid looks a gem.

He did look good on that link, but I bet you could string together an even better video with Cisse's goals from his time in Auxerre. Easy to be fooled from those kind of presentations.

I agree with you totally mate but I have seen this lad play and he isn't a 10 minute wonder in games. He is the whole Independiente attack. Everything goes through this lad. The rest of the team are awful and he is carrying them. the only other decent players they have is Ustari (keeper) and Biglia (defensive midfield) who are potential national team players.

He can do everything, he creates, runs into space, is a good finisher, has a good shot and can go past his man. He obviously is small but is quite stocky with it so he would have a chance of doing well here if he has the mentality for it which he appears to have because he really is the main man in that team.

Adapting would be the problem but with an Argie lad and Gonzalez here I would imagine he would fit in and speaking Spanish for the first year wouldn't be a problem.

I don't think we're going to get him but it's nice to be linked with these young Argentinian and South American players with big potential. I like to think that whenever a very talented young player becomes available that Liverpool have a chance of getting him. He could be Rafa's new Aimar for Liverpool if we got him

Monday's rumours

Shit like that takes away from the credibility of the story. Messi's only just turned 18.