You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in. And now comes the way of not getting any more work done for the rest of the day as I find out how to sign the equivalent of Kenny Rush-Barnes.

You can go into teams settings and request player names and request certain positions. Give it a whirl. i have to accept them but i will just accept owt.

Where's the rest of you GFers? Give it a go!

I've got a player in my squad called "Rio Stamp". I'll have to keep an eye on his out-of-work activities.

Chesley Payne up front for me. Randy Stowel bringing up the rear. Nice. I just made you an assistant so you can approve team names and player names and shit. I hope we can get a few interested in playing. We need a mininmum of 6, but 10 or so is better I reckon.

Christ, not another Crouch thread?

You are a bad man.

Good lads for joining, I have accepted you all I think. Let me know if it hasn't worked. I will wait a few days before staring up because new memebers can't join then until after the season.

A couple of tips I have gleaned from my couple of seasons as manager of Shrewsbury Town.

1. Always do the sponsor activity as it gives you a million. do a couple of 250 word press releases a week and you will get 250,000 from your sponsors.

2. Form training is the best way to improve your players. At the end of the season, the ability of the players goes up or down based on their average form.

3. The section called "Rules" has a good guide and is worth reading through.

That's about all I can think of

Does playing in frendlies help increase the form of those that are struggling?

Yep. Best of all is form training though. It costs though so you can't do it all the time. after every season your players age a year so it is best to get young players if you can. Their form also improves faster. You will be offered youth players. Always accept them, even if they are babb because you can sell them if you don't want them.

Think very carefully before buying, some of the agents rip you off and lie, some players are even better than the agents say. The player value always goes down a lot after you have bought them though.