You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

john welsh

Truered

The weekend we played the mancs away and lost a few weeks back...as I had no football interest on the Saturday, I got dragged by the father-in-law to watch Stoke v Hull (He's a Stoke season ticket holder)...I was actually looking forward to seeing how Welsh did. However, whereas Paul Gallagher and Luke Chadwick (despite both missing penalties) were both far and away a class above everyone, Welsh was anomynous...and Hull won 3-0.

The weekend we played the mancs away and lost a few weeks back...as I had no football interest on the Saturday, I got dragged by the father-in-law to watch Stoke v Hull (He's a Stoke season ticket holder)...I was actually looking forward to seeing how Welsh did. However, whereas Paul Gallagher and Luke Chadwick (despite both missing penalties) were both far and away a class above everyone, Welsh was anomynous...and Hull won 3-0.

I only saw Walsh a few times but that was his problem. He appeared to have the effort and the desire but technically and vision-wise he was poor. He is the opposite of Darren Potter. If you could mould the best qualities of the two then you would have a Premiership footballer.

I only saw Walsh a few times but that was his problem. He appeared to have the effort and the desire but technically and vision-wise he was poor. He is the opposite of Darren Potter. If you could mould the best qualities of the two then you would have a Premiership footballer.

Interesting point. You've more than likely seen Potter play more times than me (I've only seen him when he's scraped the first team...never seen him play for the second string)...but, even on the few occasions I have seen him, he doesn't look like he'll make the grade.

Maybe, having being spoilt by the likes of Macca, Fowler, Owen and Gerrard, we expect too much?

Interesting point. You've more than likely seen Potter play more times than me (I've only seen him when he's scraped the first team...never seen him play for the second string)...but, even on the few occasions I have seen him, he doesn't look like he'll make the grade.

Maybe, having being spoilt by the likes of Macca, Fowler, Owen and Gerrard, we expect too much?

Neithe Welsh nor Potter are good enough. Combine the two and you get something a lot less than Davey Thompson. Ken De Mange maybe.

Guest Martin

Welsh played for England U21 last week and came on late when the game was won. He looked good and made some nice passes. Hermes comment about commitment and desire are out of turn especialy how the club and past managers treated him. Did like the look of Cameron Jerome who came on at half time. The other player who looked very intresting is McLoud of MK Dons. Look out for his name

Hermes comment about commitment and desire are out of turn especialy how the club and past managers treated him.

If you read my comment again you'll see that I wasn't questioning those qualities. He is obviously lacking something in terms of Premiership quality, otherwise he wouldn't be playing for a team in the bottom half of the division below.

• 13 years later...
Just now, viRdjil said:

That’s 5 1/2 pints of beer.

Yeah very dilute and presumably over a long period of time . I'm drunk after 5 pints in a couple of hours but not all over the place. I'm sure if I drank the same amount in shandy over 4 hours I would just be a bit tipsy and pissing my pants . I have no desire to try it mind 

8 hours ago, magicrat said:

Yeah very dilute and presumably over a long period of time . I'm drunk after 5 pints in a couple of hours but not all over the place. I'm sure if I drank the same amount in shandy over 4 hours I would just be a bit tipsy and pissing my pants . I have no desire to try it mind 

Fucking big rush off the lemonade though.

On 26/03/2019 at 22:29, magicrat said:

5 pints? Jeezus. How can anyone be drunk after that? I mean 5 pints? About what a normal person has on a lazy Saturday morning between morning coffee in bed and breakfast.

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

5 pints? Jeezus. How can anyone be drunk after that? I mean 5 pints? About what a normal person has on a lazy Saturday morning between morning coffee in bed and breakfast.

Of course they can. Alcohol tollerance differs from person to person, depending on how frequently they drink, etc.

36 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Of course they can. Alcohol tollerance differs from person to person, depending on how frequently they drink, etc.

Just a wild guess Tone but I suspect Welsh’s tolerance level is quite high 

I also suspect he wasn’t drinking shandy , again a wild guess