You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Crouch affecting our balance

Dbnred

He looks more like him than any other person I've ever seen, and I can't be the only one that thinks that, as Lurch is a fairly common nickname that he's had for years.

I don't mock him overly, and I don't enjoy it when other fans pick on him for his height, but quite frankly he'd get a fuck of a lot more abuse if he was actually any good and could score goals.

Our strikers are becoming a laughing stock. Fact.

Just seems that you don't have a very good understanding of our tactics to me then.

He's been pretty shite the last few games and definitely needs to work on his finishing and movement but I can't respect someone who can't see how the team has improved in many ways since his arrival.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brendan
Just seems that you don't have a very good understanding of our tactics to me then.

He's been pretty shite the last few games and definitely needs to work on his finishing and movement but I can't respect someone who can't see how the team has improved in many ways since his arrival.

We've improved this season. He holds the ball up reasonably well. He has AGTFABM (A Great Touch For A Big Man). Blah blah blah.

He still isn't anywhere near good enough to wear the shirt.

Guest brendan
We used to call Beardsley "Quasi", but it was always used in a caring way. It was also quite funny. Lurch is just taking the piss without really being funny, especially now that you've had 6 months to get used to the novelty of having a taller-than-average player in the squad.

I like Crouch, I like his attitude; pity some "fans" of LFC don't have the same kind of attitude.

So "quasi" was caring - in that we were comparing our player to one of modern literature's most infamously deformed characters - *and* funny. But Lurch is just "taking the piss".

I see.

Perhaps it's more that some of us are feeling a bit more protective over the frankly hapless Crouch, whereas Beardo needed no protection whatsoever, being a prodigiously talented footballer and all.

You're shite at this debate and argument lark.

We've improved this season. He holds the ball up reasonably well. He has AGTFABM (A Great Touch For A Big Man). Blah blah blah.

He still isn't anywhere near good enough to wear the shirt.

I disagree. And I think you can get on the Sunshine bus too. I was holding out hope for you as I can see you understand that forums are about having banter and trying to amuse but you are just way to obnoxious to improve the place.

Instead of trying to make out everyone who disagree's with you is a complete twat why not tone it down a bit eh?

Guest brendan
:no

He does wear the shirt though, he's a Red, get used to it.

I'm not arguing that point, but support does not mean that we can't criticise.

That tw@t Josemi wore the shirt last season, and I crucified him from day one, because he was shite as well.

Guest brendan
I disagree. And I think you can get on the Sunshine bus too. I was holding out hope for you as I can see you understand that forums are about having banter and trying to amuse but you are just way to obnoxious to improve the place.

Instead of trying to make out everyone who disagree's with you is a complete twat why not tone it down a bit eh?

Tone down what? I've never had an opinion about Lurch that was different to the one I'm expressing now, and I'm also expressing it in a fairly reasonable manner.

Tone down what? I've never had an opinion about Lurch that was different to the one I'm expressing now, and I'm also expressing it in a fairly reasonable manner.

No you're not. Since you turned up you've been giving it the big "I AM" and telling people who have been here years and help the whole place exist that they are bluenoses and know nothing.

If you don't think you are doing that then I'm telling you know that's how it's coming across. There's a way to be outspoken without getting everybody's back up all the time.

Guest brendan
No you're not. Since you turned up you've been giving it the big "I AM" and telling people who have been here years and help the whole place exist that they are bluenoses and know nothing.

If you don't think you are doing that then I'm telling you know that's how it's coming across. There's a way to be outspoken without getting everybody's back up all the time.

I have never once called someone a bluenose, or indeed said they knew nothing (although admittedly I may have implied it).

I'm the one who gets called a Chelsea fan, or whatever.

I have never once called someone a bluenose, or indeed said they knew nothing (although admittedly I may have implied it).

I'm the one who gets called a Chelsea fan, or whatever.

Hmmm. I think I might be blurring you and that annoying Pablo bloke into one actually. I accept you haven't called anyone a bluenose. (see people admitting you aren't always right is possible).

You see this is the problem with swarms of annoying newbies.

Guest brendan
Hmmm. I think I might be blurring you and that annoying Pablo bloke into one actually. I accept you haven't called anyone a bluenose. (see people admitting you aren't always right is possible).

You see this is the problem with swarms of annoying newbies.

I have not had the pleasure of his "company" yet, I don't think.

You suggesting the "B" in Pablo stands for Brendan?

With some of the stuff we've had on here lately, I actually get the feeling we're all guinea pigs in some college psychology project to see how soon we bite at different provocations.

Or that we have fans with different opinions?

Nothing against differing opinions - just that we don't need to be so nasty about it. As soon as we drop a point all the vindictive nasty posts start. So after dropping so many lately it's getting worse. Sometimes it's not WHAT is said that's wrong, it's HOW it's said that's wrong.

People find it hard to control their emotions, if we were all 'nice' do you think we would some of the electric atmospheres that we do at the game? Much the same as having players who aren't particularly nice. We are all made different, its what makes people so interesting and engaging.

People find it hard to control their emotions, if we were all 'nice' do you think we would some of the electric atmospheres that we do at the game? Much the same as having players who aren't particularly nice. We are all made different, its what makes people so interesting and engaging.

You're neither of those. You're an annoying muppet.

You're neither of those. You're an annoying muppet.

I have said so on many occasions Stu but you don't seem to listen. I don't give a monekys what you think. Think about it for a minute, you're some geezer on an internet forum calling me a muppet. Do you think it really matters to me what you think?

:wallbutt:

I have said so on many occasions Stu but you don't seem to listen. I don't give a monekys what you think. Think about it for a minute, you're some geezer on an internet forum calling me a muppet. Do you think it really matters to me what you think?

Obviously you don't care what anyone thinks because every single regular who has been here for any period of time wants you to stay on the board about as much as they want a dose of cancer.

What do you think that says about you?

Middle ground, people. He's been poor lately, but does that really mean he isn't good enough to wear the shirt? It was too soon to make that judgement earlier in the season and it's still too early now. I think he's done well on the whole, but as I feared all along, he doesn't appear to be quite good enough to get the important goals in the really big games. Hopefully we'll see the best of him again once we get someone in alongside him who isn't a COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE.

Guest Pablo-B
in his love of Crouch and the victimised players and Brendan lays into them....

You've got serious problems...

And as for this Brendan tithead, he's obviously a Blueshite or manc infiltrator still seething with envy and bitterness that we are the most succesful ever English club and current European champions. They're easy to spot.

Guest Pablo-B
he doesn't appear to be quite good enough to get the important goals in the really big games

Don't think it's the size of the game that matters.

You've got serious problems...

And as for this Brendan tithead, he's obviously a Blueshite or manc infiltrator still seething with envy and bitterness that we are the most succesful ever English club and current European champions. They're easy to spot.

Back on the bus sonny. Don't make us tell you again eh?