You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Crouch affecting our balance

Dbnred

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Crouch's comments today about him improving at Liverpool:

"Has he improved his game? Well he's not the player I saw on fire at Southampton before joining us. Don't get me wrong, he's made a contribution but we need someone who is able to deliver week in, week out.

On Morientes

"It's not just Lurch though is it. There's also the Spanish Erik Meijer who's falling well short of expectations."

----------------------------------------

We know where Brendan learnt his vocabulary now! ;)

Guest brendan
On Crouch's comments today about him improving at Liverpool:

"Has he improved his game? Well he's not the player I saw on fire at Southampton before joining us. Don't get me wrong, he's made a contribution but we need someone who is able to deliver week in, week out.

On Morientes

"It's not just Lurch though is it. There's also the Spanish Erik Meijer who's falling well short of expectations."

----------------------------------------

We know where Brendan learnt his vocabulary now! ;)

Is this from Dunk at Koptalk?

Haha. Big copycat.

Crouch looks like someone who has gotten a bit too relaxed recently. When he was getting stick he had a point to prove. He proved it, but since the turn of the year he's looked like he's been in a bit of a comfort zone. He needs to step it up again, as his recent displays haven't been good enough, and its nothing to with him not scoring. His all round game has dropped off quite a bit in recent weeks.

Crouch looks like someone who has gotten a bit too relaxed recently. When he was getting stick he had a point to prove. He proved it, but since the turn of the year he's looked like he's been in a bit of a comfort zone. He needs to step it up again, as his recent displays haven't been good enough, and its nothing to with him not scoring. His all round game has dropped off quite a bit in recent weeks.

Thats why competition for places is so important but the real problem is he dosent have any real competition at present as the other strikers bar Robbie have also been very poor

Obviously you don't care what anyone thinks because every single regular who has been here for any period of time wants you to stay on the board about as much as they want a dose of cancer.

What do you think that says about you?

Stu Monty in "Nail on head" shocker.

Thats why competition for places is so important but the real problem is he dosent have any real competition at present as the other strikers bar Robbie have also been very poor

Very true. I've been one of his biggest fans from day one, but can still see that his recent performances have been nowhere near as good as they were in his first few months. And it's not cos he's shit, cos he's shown how good he can be. It shows how important he is in our current set-up that his loss of form seems to have gone hand in hand with the team's.

Guest Pablo-B

It would help if he had players running off him again. During our good spell, especially at home, we had Stevie linking up and driving forward in behind him. The goal against Newcastle where he played that little sublime pass into Stevie is, I'm guessing, how Rafa wants us to play.

Against Utd and Chelsea the midfield and strikers were so far apart, it was impossible to create anything. And he's never going to be the type of player who creates a lot for himself.

What are you suggesting Dave? He hasn't been giving 100% and has started to take his position for granted? Rather you said that than me....

What are you suggesting Dave? He hasn't been giving 100% and has started to take his position for granted? Rather you said that than me....

No, just that maybe subconsciously he relaxed a bit after feeling he'd proved the doubters wrong. It's the impression I'm getting from watching him at the moment. He can do much better.

GERRARD BACK, CROUCH OUT INJURED

Paul Eaton 10 February 2006

Steven Gerrard is back for this weekend's game at Wigan but the Reds will be without Peter Crouch for the clash with Paul Jewell's men.

Gerrard missed the midweek clash at Charlton with a knee injury but has passed a fitness test at Melwood today and should make an instant return to first team duty as the Reds look to bounce back from defeat at The Valley.

But Liverpool will have to do without Crouch this weekend as the striker recovers from a heel injury. Stephen Warnock (groin) and Luis Garcia (knee) are also sidelined.

"It's good to have Steven back again because he is a very important player for us," said the Liverpool manager.

"Crouch will be missing though because he can't run or train at the moment. It isn't a serious problem and hopefully he will only be out for two or three days. I think he should be back for the Arsenal game on Tuesday night."

Guest Pablo-B

Don't think he's realxed at all. Against Utd he was our best player. It was only down to Cisse and his lead boots that we didn't create anything.

The whole team aren't playing well at the moment, and he's an easy target.

Guest Pablo-B
"Crouch will be missing though because he can't run or train at the moment. It isn't a serious problem and hopefully he will only be out for two or three days. I think he should be back for the Arsenal game on Tuesday night."

No doubt some will be jumping around the living room now.

No, just that maybe subconsciously he relaxed a bit after feeling he'd proved the doubters wrong. It's the impression I'm getting from watching him at the moment. He can do much better.

I think he has been playing as he normally does, except before he got a goal for us he was trying extra hard to break his 'duck'. When the season starts again we will go through it all again.

I have seen Crouch for years now, he is a laid back relaxed type of player, gives 100% but his whole character is different to a say Gerrard so I don't know what you are expecting. He is more Romario than a Ronaldo. ;)

It would help if he had players running off him again. During our good spell, especially at home, we had Stevie linking up and driving forward in behind him. The goal against Newcastle where he played that little sublime pass into Stevie is, I'm guessing, how Rafa wants us to play.

Against Utd and Chelsea the midfield and strikers were so far apart, it was impossible to create anything. And he's never going to be the type of player who creates a lot for himself.

That's also true.

I am happy with them and we are waiting for them to start scoring goals, maybe they will tomorrow at Wigan. I am not worried because Morientes has scored goals always, Fowler has and Cisse has. Crouch can do it as well but with him it's a case of not how many goals he can score but how many assists he can give to his team-mates."

Rafa Benitez Today

Crouch's job is clear from that, which I think says he is not under the same pressure to score goals as the others. Be interesting to see his 'assists' for this season though...

I don't get it, work out Crouch? Hasn't he been playing regularly in the premiership for a while now?

For me, the player not good enough is Morientes. Crouch still does what is asked of him, although his standards have dropped lately.

Just look at how we controlled Charlton yesterday, pinning them down in their own half for the first 45. They resorted to hoofing balls up to the pacey Bents, and got lucky with a dubious penalty. I prefer our style of play.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, as it is widely recognised, but Crouch is the player enabling us to press teams higher up the pitch. He needs to work on his finishing, but he is not the one who needs to be replaced.

Pinned them in their own half for 45 minutes without creating one meaningful chance. Crouch does what he does well but he is not a striker who will score a lot of goals..we are short in that area mate