You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robben Got Reina Sent Off

Red Nick

I think there's a clear need for some of our players to be a bit more ready to stand up for each other when things go off. I bet Reina's feels great with the level of support from his team-mates during the incident - FFS Del Horno did more to push Chelsea players away from him than any of our bunch.

Paul Ince, for all his flaws, would have been in the middle of things in seconds yesterday. Ditto McMahon and Souness going back.

And what was Crouch doing patting Cech's back after Cech got a tiny nick in a challenge? FFS, there's sporting behaviour and there's overdoing things greatly. We need to get nastier, especially with that horrible, horrible club.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link to the Reina foul, including the handball that Gudjonnybag got away with.

http://youtube.com/w/Reina-vs-Eidur?v=HLDEL0_sg2U&search=reina

That was a decent challenge but I can accept a yellow being given, it was from behind and his other leg comes round. That cheating Chelsea clown is luck he didn't get broke in two; nothing more riling than someone cheating and getting away with it.

That was a decent challenge but I can accept a yellow being given, it was from behind and his other leg comes round. That cheating Chelsea clown is luck he didn't get broke in two; nothing more riling than someone cheating and getting away with it.

Stu,

Compare the Deco of Porto to the one who plays for Barcelona and then tell me Mourinho doesn't instruct his players to take gamesmanship to new levels.

How didnt the linesman see the handball by Gudjohnsen? And is it just me or did he only flag for a throw in? I agree its a sending off for raising his hand to Robben, but it should never have got that far, we should have had a free kick, then they should have had a throw in and then finally a foul which warranted a yellow card at the very most. Robben and Gudjohnsen should be dragged in front of the FA for play acting. Cunts.

How didnt the linesman see the handball by Gudjohnsen? And is it just me or did he only flag for a throw in? I agree its a sending off for raising his hand to Robben, but it should never have got that far, we should have had a free kick, then they should have had a throw in and then finally a foul which warranted a yellow card at the very most. Robben and Gudjohnsen should be dragged in front of the FA for play acting. Cunts.

According to the beeb Reina got 2 yellows. One for the foul and one for the hand to Robben. So we can appeal.

It's a sending off.

Robben's a diving twat but it's still a sending off.

I was reading an article which a referee had actually written, saying that raising a hand isn't actually an automatic red these days. It's more a case of what the ref deems violent conduct. I don't know if anyone else has seen that, but under those rules, surely Reina shouldn't have been sent off. His action was hardly violent was it?

I was reading an article which a referee had actually written, saying that raising a hand isn't actually an automatic red these days. It's more a case of what the ref deems violent conduct. I don't know if anyone else has seen that, but under those rules, surely Reina shouldn't have been sent off. His action was hardly violent was it?

It was a push in the face Hoddy so I would deem that as violent conduct. He didn't smack him but pushing someone in the face is probably still violent conduct.

Refs are supposed to show common sense in applying the rules.There is no rule which says raising your hand is an automatic sending off - that's just a refereeing guideline.

He should have booked the pair of them and got on with the game.

Refs are supposed to show common sense in applying the rules.There is no rule which says raising your hand is an automatic sending off - that's just a refereeing guideline.

He should have booked the pair of them and got on with the game.

Disagree. You can't go pushing people in the face.

We arent appealing according to the BBC. If it was two yellow cards then were was the first one? I only saw a straight red.

If there was two yellows then it is a one match ban, not the three match ban Rafa was talking about... i think it was a straight red...

Disagree. You can't go pushing people in the face.

I didn't say let him off - a yellow card would have been punishment enough in these particular circumstances.

Common sense is necessary - otherwise why shouldn't Gallas and Carvalho have been sent off as well?They both used their hand/elbow in the face/head of another player.

If there was two yellows then it is a one match ban, not the three match ban Rafa was talking about... i think it was a straight red...

You're right.I don't know why we don't appeal.We'd lose the appeal but at least we'd be making a statement.

Is it a coincidence that cunts like Ferguson and Mourinho who always kick up shit about every decision always seem to get the benefit of any 50/50 decisions going?I wouldn't want us to act like them but neither do I want us to carry on with our usual practice of bending over nicely and accepting everything that's dished out to us.

I didn't say let him off - a yellow card would have been punishment enough in these particular circumstances.

Common sense is necessary - otherwise why shouldn't Gallas and Carvalho have been sent off as well?They both used their hand/elbow in the face/head of another player.

You bum sheep so what would you know?

It's a shame that English football has descended into such a farce. It used be an honest game.

I find Reina's sending off disgusting. To brand his light push on Robben 'violent conduct' is just ridiculous. 'Violent conduct' is what Duncan Ferguson did the other day, it's what that term is meant to cover. The way Robben threw himselft to the ground is just pathetic, it reminds me of that push DiCanio did at that ref. It's just farcical.

Btw, if Reina qualified himself for a red, so did Gallas.

And I just can't believe the linesman didn't spot the handball. It was blatant. Neither did the chief cuntmuppets Gray & Taylor. Wtf is that about?

It's a good thing the match was already lost at this point, or it would have been very upsetting.

I thought Reina was very composed with all the Chelsea cunts having a go at him, with Gallas being the main culprit. What a fucking cunt he turned out to be.