You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Am I on my own in actually feeling a bit sorry for Souness.

Juan Galonso

I will probably get slated for this post but I actually feel a bit sorry for Souness. I have in the past 4 or 5 years developed a hatred for Newcastle fans and their 'Divine right' attitude the majority of the tossers have. They know no different to what they have been getting a couple of title challenges in the mid 90's apart. The cunts shat on the King from a great height and okay Souness wasn't doing a good job by any stretch but what right do they have to call for a managers head like that when the part time fuckers were getting 14000 in 1992-93. When they first came back up in the 93-94 season I actually had a lot of time for their fans as it was like they appreciated being back in the top league and I will never forget the friendship shown when a few of their fans laid a wreath at the Kop end in the 0-2 on the 5th Hillsborough anniversary.

Now though they are pissing me off and where they are in the league sums the size of the club up imo. They have won nothing since the 70's and came as close as they have done in years under Souness last year with an FA Semi and a UEFA Cup quarter. Kenny was sacked after getting them to an FA Cup Final where they were up against a treble bound Man Utd. They think they are bigger than they actually are and that 'loyalest football supporters' shit they sing is fucking laughable.

Delusions of Grandeur - Shepherd and their fans deserve each other.

Geordie football fans - Delusions of granduer cunts.

shephard - grade A cunt who also thinks the other DoG cunts are cunts.

sunness - cunt.

All made for each other.

Let them get erikkson and be found out even more with him!

Myself, I have got a oner on Jimmy Nail to be the next boss. 8/11 Fav, its like buying money. Hedge your bets with a flim on Jossie of Jossies Giants if you are a bit skint.

If you are a real risk taker, go ALL-IN on Spuggie.

I will probably get slated for this post but I actually feel a bit sorry for Souness. I have in the past 4 or 5 years developed a hatred for Newcastle fans and their 'Divine right' attitude the majority of the tossers have. They know no different to what they have been getting a couple of title challenges in the mid 90's apart. The cunts shat on the King from a great height and okay Souness wasn't doing a good job by any stretch but what right do they have to call for a managers head like that when the part time fuckers were getting 14000 in 1992-93. When they first came back up in the 93-94 season I actually had a lot of time for their fans as it was like they appreciated being back in the top league and I will never forget the friendship shown when a few of their fans laid a wreath at the Kop end in the 0-2 on the 5th Hillsborough anniversary.

Now though they are pissing me off and where they are in the league sums the size of the club up imo. They have won nothing since the 70's and came as close as they have done in years under Souness last year with an FA Semi and a UEFA Cup quarter. Kenny was sacked after getting them to an FA Cup Final where they were up against a treble bound Man Utd. They think they are bigger than they actually are and that 'loyalest football supporters' shit they sing is fucking laughable.

Delusions of Grandeur - Shepherd and their fans deserve each other.

They're all great points and I agree with your post - but Souness is also a wanker and deserved everything.

I can forgive the Sun thing and its not even an issue with me anymore but I can understand people who can't especially the families. The bloke nearly died and tried to do the right thing after it. It wasn't himself who waited until the 3rd anniversary when the Sun sneakily put the Loverpool headline on the front cover. It was a deliberate ploy by the fuckers and they knew what they were doing.

couldnt agree more with the seniments about the club and fans. Souness wise well I didnt think he was up to the job when they signed him. Basically a club going no where and in considerable debt, long may the decline continue. Whoever comes in will want to spend a shit load of cash to shape HIS team.

As for feeling sorry for the man, Im sure he'll get a decent pay off. He won't have to do any more interviews saying all our best players are out and the ones on the pitch now are shite which must be a real confidence booster for them.

In the end they'll finish about 12th - 16th no european football and owen will move on to dare I say it............... us.

in the end we have to thank souness for doing the job he's done.

The problems at Newcastle have always been in the boardroom, regardless of the relative merits of whoever has held the manager's job. Shepherd is forever gobbing off in the media and second guesses his managers constantly. They are a shambles and massively in debt. The complete antithesis of Liverpool, yet many fans advocate boardroom policies that would see us turn into them.

But the board shift attention from themselves by spending abscene amounts of money. Whether they get into debt or not, the fans love them for it.

Exactly. We've got a board that doen't give a fuck about being loved if it gets in the way of success.

As much as i despise Newcastle the club,it is a great footballing city.However if you think about it,most of their great local talents have had to move to get recognised because of that shambles of a club.

I despise Middlesboro twice as much,as they are completely feck all,though i have to admit to having a soft spot for Sunderland!

I can forgive the Sun thing and its not even an issue with me anymore but I can understand people who can't especially the families. The bloke nearly died and tried to do the right thing after it. It wasn't himself who waited until the 3rd anniversary when the Sun sneakily put the Loverpool headline on the front cover. It was a deliberate ploy by the fuckers and they knew what they were doing.

I could forgive at the time given what he was going through, but as he's since given them exclusive photos of his wedding and used one of their hacks to ghost write his Management Years book I cant. Newcastle, the club, and fans, are a bunch of deluded twats and deserve all they get but I lose no sleep over Souness, whose bank account has once again been swelled by failure.

Guest Scally Bob
. They have won nothing since the 70's

Get your facts straight. 1969 Fairs Cup Winners, 1955 FA Cup Winners, 1927 League Champions are their most recent honours.

I can't stand them. Loyal supporters my arse. There's no other club anywhere near the city so they should get big crowds but they only have since football was invented in 1993. Revisionism means the 13,000 gates uncer Ardiles aren't mentioned. They didn't sell all their season tickets this summer until the mugs fell for the Owen pantomime.

They are a bunch of buffoons. They come to Anfield with their fat bellies and no shirts and trot out the same old tired songs like "Sign On" and have the cheek to sing "In Your Liverpool Slums" even though their city is a shithole. They are clueless about other teams. Gobshites of the highest order.

Self-adulation is no praise. People say they have a special relationship with the FA Cup. Why?

I'd love them to get relegated.

Get your facts straight. 1969 Fairs Cup Winners, 1955 FA Cup Winners, 1927 League Champions are their most recent honours.

I can't stand them. Loyal supporters my arse. There's no other club anywhere near the city so they should get big crowds but they only have since football was invented in 1993. Revisionism means the 13,000 gates uncer Ardiles aren't mentioned. They didn't sell all their season tickets this summer until the mugs fell for the Owen pantomime.

They are a bunch of buffoons. They come to Anfield with their fat bellies and no shirts and trot out the same old tired songs like "Sign On" and have the cheek to sing "In Your Liverpool Slums" even though their city is a shithole. They are clueless about other teams. Gobshites of the highest order.

Self-adulation is no praise. People say they have a special relationship with the FA Cup. Why?

I'd love them to get relegated.

Man speaks the truth! Here here

Their city isn't a shithole. There's pockets which are, but then which city in England hasn't areas like that?

The buffoons comment is spot on though - they were genuinely befuddled when Liverpool won the City of Culture thing, and it typifies the small-minded attitude you get from 'the city that loves its football'. I'm sick of hearing how much they love their football, and how they never stop talking about it up there. That may be so - the problem is however, that most of what they talk is complete shite; they haven't the first clue what the fuck they're on about. You get one or two fans who can see past the bullshit and the fact their chairman is one of the most despicable (looking and acting) people involved in the game right now, but the majority just get swept up in delusion.

There's a difference between caring about your football and having unbridled passion without actually knowing fuck all of what you speak. I remember a bus banner that went by when I was up there. It read 'In Black and White, everyone is a hero.' Apart from being the most tanked-up heap of shite I'd ever read, the banner included a few pictures of players behind the writing. Two out of the three were Craig Bellamy and Kieron Dyer, and some other big-name 'legend' who'll no doubt be loathed up there a few years from now. I'd say it was Titus Bramble, except I remember that the bus was actually mobile at the time.

I said a few years ago they will be the next Leeds, and nothing I've seen recently has done anything to change my mind on that.