Sign in to follow this  
terry mac

Pongolle gone to rovers

Obviously Fowler has arrived so the forward options remains the same, but Flo could be used on the wing aswell, one less option there.

Could suggest something.

But i suppose that's far fetched as the window closes within hours.

He needs games so hopefully he'll get them at Blackburn. I also think it's better that he plays in the Premiership on loan rather than going to France or Spain.

So now I'l be keeping an eye on Real Sociadad, Wigan and Balckburn with our players involved.

Good luck Pongo, just make sure you come back.

Good luck Pongo, just make sure you come back.

Agreed

defo one for the future

do you think le tallec will return, dave u?

Not too happy with this - particularly as they've signed Bentley permanently so he'll probably get priority.Pongolle may just be warming their bench instead of ours when we've now got only Cisse with any pace up front.

This looks to me like Rafa preparing to clear the decks of strikers for next season. I think he's basically saying to Cisse and Nando that it's last chance saloon time. They've got half a season to prove they've got a career at Anfield before he signs a new player and brings TBM and The Pong back buoyed by Premiership experience. I think it's a good move: the young lads get to prove themselves and the focus on the stars becomes ever more pressing.

Not too happy with this - particularly as they've signed Bentley permanently so he'll probably get priority.Pongolle may just be warming their bench instead of ours when we've now got only Cisse with any pace up front.

The last foot soldier of the glory of Olympiak©os being shipped out. Arthur, whose header Nikopolidis palmed to TBM, FSP with his slide foot goal, all gone.

Pongolle is a very useful substitute who can score and hoold possession. Not sure I like the cut of this jib.

The last foot soldier of the glory of Olympiak©os being shipped out. Arthur, whose header Nikopolidis palmed to TBM, FSP with his slide foot goal, all gone.

Pongolle is a very useful substitute who can score and hoold possession. Not sure I like the cut of this jib.

agreed. and I like the cut of djib's jib as our main option on the right even less. strange move if you ask me. not that anyone did mind.

i can see he wants more games so fair enough and hopefully he can score us a few points against the sides in and around 2/3/4/5th

Thats exactly what I thought. I can't see him getting in the team ahead of any of their strikers on a regular basis. Much like Le Tallec at Sunderland it looks like he isn't going to get particularly regular football.

Its right to loan him out, but I think it would have been better to loan him to a club where he'd definately play. Suppose there might not have been many other options though, especially as he needs to be playing top level football.

This looks to me like Rafa preparing to clear the decks of strikers for next season. I think he's basically saying to Cisse and Nando that it's last chance saloon time. They've got half a season to prove they've got a career at Anfield before he signs a new player and brings TBM and The Pong back buoyed by Premiership experience. I think it's a good move: the young lads get to prove themselves and the focus on the stars becomes ever more pressing.

Fair assessment that, Paul. It also means that plan B involves a proven goalscorer as a sub rather than learners...............

Fair assessment that, Paul. It also means that plan B involves a proven goalscorer as a sub rather than learners...............

If Nando and Djib don't get their fucking acts together right now, Robbie will be starting games before you know it.

I share the sentiment Pongo might not get too many chances at Blackburn, but he would probably get almost nothing here now Fowler's back.

If Nando and Djib don't get their fucking acts together right now, Robbie will be starting games before you know it.

I share the sentiment Pongo might not get too many chances at Blackburn, but he would probably get almost nothing here now Fowler's back.

pongolle has the talent to force his way into the blackburn first team.

MUCH more difficult at liverpool

* small transfer fee

* young

* crouch/ morientes - rafa signings

* cisse - huge transfer fee

Not sure what to make of this. I reckon he would have given us good cover for the right hand side, and he's never made much of a fuss about not starting, so what's the point of farming him out to another Premiership club?

Guest FrankH
Not sure what to make of this. I reckon he would have given us good cover for the right hand side, and he's never made much of a fuss about not starting, so what's the point of farming him out to another Premiership club?

Agree, he probably wont play many more games with Blackburn than he would have with us either.

I'm kindof confused as well.

On a bad feeling-Rafa shows who he wants and who he doesn't. I doubt Flo will get too many games at Blackburn. They've got so many options on attack.

On a good feeling-if he does get games and does well, he could be our great asset next season.

Personally I'd rather keep him with us. We've got so many games. Robbie's not yet 100%. Cisse and Nando haven't performed. Flo can play on the right, keep possession, and threaten the opposition's defence.

Considering we're a bit thin on the right it might have been a good idea to keep Flo. Don't get me wrong he wouldn't have started all the games but when we want to play Gerrard and Alonso in the middle, he provides another option to Garcia on the wing.