You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pongolle gone to rovers

terry mac

He needs games so hopefully he'll get them at Blackburn. I also think it's better that he plays in the Premiership on loan rather than going to France or Spain.

So now I'l be keeping an eye on Real Sociadad, Wigan and Balckburn with our players involved.

Good luck Pongo, just make sure you come back.

This looks to me like Rafa preparing to clear the decks of strikers for next season. I think he's basically saying to Cisse and Nando that it's last chance saloon time. They've got half a season to prove they've got a career at Anfield before he signs a new player and brings TBM and The Pong back buoyed by Premiership experience. I think it's a good move: the young lads get to prove themselves and the focus on the stars becomes ever more pressing.

Not too happy with this - particularly as they've signed Bentley permanently so he'll probably get priority.Pongolle may just be warming their bench instead of ours when we've now got only Cisse with any pace up front.

The last foot soldier of the glory of Olympiak©os being shipped out. Arthur, whose header Nikopolidis palmed to TBM, FSP with his slide foot goal, all gone.

Pongolle is a very useful substitute who can score and hoold possession. Not sure I like the cut of this jib.

The last foot soldier of the glory of Olympiak©os being shipped out. Arthur, whose header Nikopolidis palmed to TBM, FSP with his slide foot goal, all gone.

Pongolle is a very useful substitute who can score and hoold possession. Not sure I like the cut of this jib.

agreed. and I like the cut of djib's jib as our main option on the right even less. strange move if you ask me. not that anyone did mind.

Not too happy with this - particularly as they've signed Bentley permanently so he'll probably get priority.Pongolle may just be warming their bench instead of ours when we've now got only Cisse with any pace up front.

Thats exactly what I thought. I can't see him getting in the team ahead of any of their strikers on a regular basis. Much like Le Tallec at Sunderland it looks like he isn't going to get particularly regular football.

Its right to loan him out, but I think it would have been better to loan him to a club where he'd definately play. Suppose there might not have been many other options though, especially as he needs to be playing top level football.

This looks to me like Rafa preparing to clear the decks of strikers for next season. I think he's basically saying to Cisse and Nando that it's last chance saloon time. They've got half a season to prove they've got a career at Anfield before he signs a new player and brings TBM and The Pong back buoyed by Premiership experience. I think it's a good move: the young lads get to prove themselves and the focus on the stars becomes ever more pressing.

Fair assessment that, Paul. It also means that plan B involves a proven goalscorer as a sub rather than learners...............

Fair assessment that, Paul. It also means that plan B involves a proven goalscorer as a sub rather than learners...............

If Nando and Djib don't get their fucking acts together right now, Robbie will be starting games before you know it.

I share the sentiment Pongo might not get too many chances at Blackburn, but he would probably get almost nothing here now Fowler's back.

If Nando and Djib don't get their fucking acts together right now, Robbie will be starting games before you know it.

I share the sentiment Pongo might not get too many chances at Blackburn, but he would probably get almost nothing here now Fowler's back.

pongolle has the talent to force his way into the blackburn first team.

MUCH more difficult at liverpool

* small transfer fee

* young

* crouch/ morientes - rafa signings

* cisse - huge transfer fee

Not sure what to make of this. I reckon he would have given us good cover for the right hand side, and he's never made much of a fuss about not starting, so what's the point of farming him out to another Premiership club?

Agree, he probably wont play many more games with Blackburn than he would have with us either.

I'm kindof confused as well.

On a bad feeling-Rafa shows who he wants and who he doesn't. I doubt Flo will get too many games at Blackburn. They've got so many options on attack.

On a good feeling-if he does get games and does well, he could be our great asset next season.

Personally I'd rather keep him with us. We've got so many games. Robbie's not yet 100%. Cisse and Nando haven't performed. Flo can play on the right, keep possession, and threaten the opposition's defence.