You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Gobshites RE Michael Shields

ScouseJim

Anyone who's got Sky+ run the coverage back to 44minutes to hear the PA system making annoucement for 'Michael Shields to please ring home.' I think it said.

Fair enough fans are gonna take the piss, but the PA announcer should be stopped making an announcement like that imo.

Cracking strike Johnny Boy..

Reckon we should get the Free Michael Shields Campaign to contact Portsmouth FC to complain about their inept PA announcer. You're not teling me he didn't know who Michael Sheilds is.

Shitty thing to do but do we really want to make a big deal out of it? That will only fuel the fire and create more shite from small time fans, I think the best thing to do is ignore it and move on.

Also shoe on the other foot, I'm sure we'd be laughing if a similar practical joke was successful.

Shitty thing to do but do we really want to make a big deal out of it? That will only fuel the fire and create more shite from small time fans, I think the best thing to do is ignore it and move on.

Also shoe on the other foot, I'm sure we'd be laughing if a similar practical joke was successful.

Yeah, maybe it's best to let it go but fucking shitty thing to do and for the lads family to hear.

I do remember when we were playing Man U last year a call for 'Mr. M Glazer to contact the nearest steward' so it had been done at Anfield but not in a so distastful way.

How do we know it was a prank and not a genuine request for a Portsmouth fan called Michael Shields?

I'm sure there's more than one person with the name.

Maybe seems too coincidental but how can anyone be sure?

Which is probably why the PA announcer made the announcement. Be a real pisser if Mr Shields missed the birth of his baby girl or his mam's last breath because he happened to share the name of an unjustly imprisoned man. Especially if he was a red.

Also, I know the name Michael Shields means something to scousers and to OOTers who follow the club, but I wouldn't be suprised if a bloke in Portsmouth didn't make the connection - he's not been national news for a good few months now (a disgrace in my opinion).

Listen lads. Yeah, you may think that’s out of order, but to be honest I think it’s pretty fucking funny. Shame on me! But it’s cheeky as hell and amuses me greatly. The PA guy will have been duped in to it through ignorance and I don’t for a second think that he did it maliciously. That just makes it even funnier you ask me. Reminds of the time when someone managed to get ‘’Second hand emu for sale, £50 ono” in to the Echo the day after Rod Hullfell off his roof. Yeah, it’s bad taste, but it’s fucking funny. Fact.

Don’t be so fucking gay and precious. Football is about banter, and for me that was good banter. And please, don’t any cunt even dare to draw any comparison to singing Hillsborough or Munich songs.

Tell you what though, their fans are the smallest timest in the league like. They had the fucking lot yesterday didn’t they? Face paints, drums, bell ringing, jester hats, cruddy wordless ‘’der, der, der, der’’ songs, ‘’you knicked our stereo’’, horns, the fucking lot. Made ‘boro and Bolton fans look like fucking ultras. They’re always shittin on about how “unique” the Pompey fans are, well if by “unique” they mean “so fucking shitty that nobody else would want to be like that”, then they’re fucking bob on.

Thought it was funny when some wag nicked the ball though when it went for a goal kick though. That’ll learn ‘em. Gotta love playing up to sterotypes.

Listen lads. Yeah, you may think that’s out of order, but to be honest I think it’s pretty fucking funny. Shame on me! But it’s cheeky as hell and amuses me greatly. The PA guy will have been duped in to it through ignorance and I don’t for a second think that he did it maliciously. That just makes it even funnier you ask me. Reminds of the time when someone managed to get ‘’Second hand emu for sale, £50 ono” in to the Echo the day after Rod Hullfell off his roof. Yeah, it’s bad taste, but it’s fucking funny. Fact.

Don’t be so fucking gay and precious. Football is about banter, and for me that was good banter. And please, don’t any cunt even dare to draw any comparison to singing Hillsborough or Munich songs.

Tell you what though, their fans are the smallest timest in the league like. They had the fucking lot yesterday didn’t they? Face paints, drums, bell ringing, jester hats, cruddy wordless ‘’der, der, der, der’’ songs, ‘’you knicked our stereo’’, horns, the fucking lot. Made ‘boro and Bolton fans look like fucking ultras. They’re always shittin on about how “unique” the Pompey fans are, well if by “unique” they mean “so fucking shitty that nobody else would want to be like that”, then they’re fucking bob on.

Thought it was funny when some wag nicked the ball though when it went for a goal kick though. That’ll learn ‘em. Gotta love playing up to sterotypes.

From the Times (I think) today

On a freezing night Cisse was just about the only thing at Fratton Park that could be described as lukewarm, although Portsmouth cheeks were stinging after a hoax message was read out on the Tannoy asking Michael Shields to “come home”. Shields is a Liverpool fan who was controversially jailed last July for 15 years in Bulgaria for the attempted murder of a barman. Portsmouth only realised they had been tricked when another request came through asking them to namecheck Bill Shankly.

That'll be a thick as pigshit PA then.

Couldn't hear it proper but me mate said it said "could michael shields please come home"

We should be thanking the soft bastards for the awareness