You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which is your favourite season of The Wire?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite season of The Wire?

Won't say much except that I remember being exactly where you are now, devastated that I only had one season left and determined to enjoy every second of it.

It ... did NOT live up to what I was hoping for.

Finished it today.

I kind of feel that way you described your last sentence with certain aspects of season 5.

It did made sense in the fact that pretty much everything was a shakedown of some sorts and that Baltimore life cycle (as with anything in life) just goes on. One just replaces another.

In terms of greatness as a show, without doubt the best show I've ever watched.

And...I have to post this:

Now to do some reading up...

• Upvote 1

Finished it today.

I kind of feel that way you described your last sentence with certain aspects of season 5.

It did made sense in the fact that pretty much everything was a shakedown of some sorts and that Baltimore life cycle (as with anything in life) just goes on. One just replaces another.

It's 'Homicide: Life on the Street' you want to read. 

And watch The Corner if you can find it.

The best of the rest of Simon is probably Treme 

• Upvote 1

Finished it today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70eU840lc38

5 is the weakest of the series but everything is relative, it’s still better than most tv I’ve ever watched.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not the right thread for it but reckon my dream would be a fairly decent movie pitch: Prop Joe and Snoop from the wire play an honour bound poor couple trying to provide for their child by working for a maniacal underworld boss. It was called: Escape that Prick. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Remmie said:

Not the right thread for it but reckon my dream would be a fairly decent movie pitch: Prop Joe and Snoop from the wire play an honour bound poor couple trying to provide for their child by working for a maniacal underworld boss. It was called: Escape that Prick. 

I’d only watch it if Simon Maroulis was cast as the boss/prick. 

• 3 weeks later...

Rawls: You bend over for us, or I swear to God, I'll spend what's left of my career shitting on anybody in your department.

Bunny: My people saw this as a tactical deployment. The responsibility is mine and mine alone.

Burrell: Well, you won't fall alone. Unless you fall exactly the way we tell you to.

Rawls: You go to retirement services and file at a lieutenant's grade, that's right, you're busted back. We can't take your OEEOD away, but you're not going out with a Major's pension.

Bunny: I can retire right now, with my 30, before you bust me. I got vacation time alone, to make my 30.

Burrell: Fuck your vacation time. You're out. Today. At the lower grade.

Bunny: That's against the goddamn contract!

Rawls: What part of bend over didn't you understand?