You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which is your favourite season of The Wire?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite season of The Wire?

Loved the first 3 seasons. Struggled with season 4 -gave up about a year ago but told the Mrs that we aren't searching any more new series till we finish the series

Whaaat? Season 4 is arguably the best one.

• Upvote 1

I just finished it last night (season 5). Started watching it a few months ago for the first time. Fucking boss. Took a while to get going and I was coming into it after watching Breaking Bad but it was worth persevering with.

Season 2 probably just shades it as the best for me.

Love how at the end of season 5 everything has gone full circle. Dooky has turned into Bubbles. Sydnor into McNulty.

Michael into Omar. Also anyone else notice Major Rawls cameo in the gay club?! Can't remember which season. Blink and you'll miss it.

I just finished it last night (season 5). Started watching it a few months ago for the first time. Fucking boss. Took a while to get going and I was coming into it after watching Breaking Bad but it was worth persevering with.

Love how at the end of season 5 everything has gone full circle. Dooky has turned into Bubbles. Sydnor into McNulty.

Michael into Omar. Also anyone else notice Major Rawls cameo in the gay club?! Can't remember which season. Blink and you'll miss it.

Correct.

• Upvote 1

There's also a scene where someone has wrote "rawls sucks cock" on a toilet wall

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Apparently the real Dennis cutty wise has been released from prison after 36 years or so.

Interesting story, apparently a lot of older players coming out of jail wanting to take up where they left off. The average age of murder victims in Baltimore is increasing possibly due to this.

The city centre is ok but tiny and there's practically nothing there apart from an aquarium. You can't walk 20 yards without a beggar asking for change (when you're poor in America you really are fucking poor) and if you go a couple of blocks out of downtown it all starts to change.

I went to DC for one of the days I was there and to get the train I had to walk about a mile to the station. Going there in the morning was fine, it was a Sunday and I hardly saw anyone. Coming back though at about 7ish, when it was just starting to turn dark was a little bit different. I decided to try a short cut back to the hotel and found myself walking through a neighbourhood past groups of black lads on the street corners. Got called 'homeboy' twice, got asked if I wanted to buy some 'hex' (don't know what it was, never asked) and then when I said no to one bloke who asked if I could sell him some hash, he started shouting 'well fuck you then' and carried out shouting at me from half a block away!

I wasn't threatened as such in any way but I certainly would not have wanted to have been caught there after dark, and as a pale as fuck white bloke I was having visions of Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3.

I certainly won't be rushing back.

• Upvote 3

I've been several times as my mate's wife is from just outside the city. Don't get me wrong, Jenson, it is rough, but I also quite like it as it has a bit of character to it. As with the majority of cities, if you keep your wits about you and don't act like a dickhead you'll be sound. One time when me and my mate went, we had a little wander around Fell's Point and ended up in a record shop. On the walls, they had all these polaroids of all of The Wire cast members out on the piss. Dominic West looked well gone in several of them!

Another time when my mate and I were on the ale there with a mate of my mate's wife. I ended up pulling her and my mate's wife ended up giving us a lift back to our hotel. Not wanting to cramp my style, my mate- obviously pissed- just said "I'm going to go for a little walk around here", walking a block back. My mate's wife slammed the brakes on along side him and bollocked him, "If you head down that way, you'll be dead," before taking him back to the hotel, sitting him down in the bar and telling him to stay put.

• Upvote 1

when I said no to one bloke who asked if I could sell him some hash, he started shouting 'well fuck you then' and carried out shouting at me from half a block away!

That's class, see if I went to B'More and didn't come back with a story like that I'd be fucking devastated.