You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utd Season over @6pm 22 Jan 2006

Red Nick

Well lets hope so anyway

If they lose to Liverpool they'll be fighting for 3rd place and the FA cup will represent there only chance of silverware, couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of people.

When Liverpool win we will be the only challengers to Chelsea

It will be so good to put the final nail in their coffin.

2-0 to the reds with Crouch and Gerrard getting the goals

Well lets hope so anyway

If they lose to Liverpool they'll be fighting for 3rd place and the FA cup will represent there only chance of silverware, couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Nick, what's with the "when", it's not our style?

this game is massive to both of our seasons, not just theirs. If they should beat us, we still have the games in hand, but will need to win them both. Just because they've had some shit results doesnt mean this can be taken for granted.

I'm confident but there's still a big risk in this game.

Well lets hope so anyway

Don't be daft. These games are never that easy. Even in the 80s when we were a rolls royce and they were a vespa, these matches were tricky

Although I think we are a better team, it wouldn't surprise me if we lost on Sunday. It is tempting fate to say we have already won. I hate it when the fans sing We Shall Not Be Moved, especially five minutes later when the opposition have equalised! I am not confident about winning unless we are 3 goals ahead with 5 minutes to go. Even then I think there could be floodlight failure and the result could be void!

Apart from that I am pretty optimistic!

Don't be daft. These games are never that easy. Even in the 80s when we were a rolls royce and they were a vespa, these matches were tricky

Yup, it'll be a bit like the derby - Overhyped, nasty atmosphere, niggling spiteful challenges. Add Mr Riley to that mix and I'll settle for 1-1 with no injuries or red cards.

Guest antodonners

everybody sems to be tipping us and at over 2-1,why not? Don't think it will be that easy but if they have that excuse of a footballer ''John O' shea'' centre mid with Fletcher then we will complete dominate midfield!

It will be tight at OT but I am confident we'll do well. Under Houllier we won a few there, but they were more 'smash and grab' victories, if you know what I mean. These days I genuinely feel we are the better team so I'm looking forward to it. I think we can win there, and my hope is that we win and play in such a way that will confirm the worst fears of many a manc. Liverpool are on the march!

Guest Scally Bob

Poor teams can pull big performances out occasionally. They are a poor side at present but they raised their game against the Chavs.

This is, as it is every season, their Cup Final. They are obsessed with us and Ferguson hates us nearly as much as I hate them. They think it's a Derby and beating us means more to them than beating City.

They will spoil the game from the off to stop our midfield. We have the fans as our tewlfth man but they have Mike "Mr. Manchester United" Reilly.

The big difference is that our players are rested and confident and Rafa is tactically light years ahead of that no-mark. Rafa alweays goes for the win-in the past even when we had a good chance of winning there we've gone for the draw.

We should win, but I've been there about 30 times watching us and often had this feeling-it hasn't always turned out well!

Well lets hope so anyway

I blame you, you big git.