You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garth Crooks...

Kopite

That is so wrong on many levels including a Curry should be served with rice (and/or chips) not in pastry and there is only one pastie - the Cornish variety.

Wrong, wrong and thrice wrong. The cheese and onion pasty is a classic, as is the chicken and veg.

• 13 years later...
  • 3 months later...

His Team of the Week column on the beeb website is brilliant. He has a total understanding of the game and there is no bias whatsoever in his choices. It marks him out as one of the very very best. 

Because I rarely watch any game other than ours (unless the shite have lost in which case I'll try and watch that), I see his wonderful, insightful writing as a must-read part of the post-footy weekend. There I can learn which players have performed particularly well - in fact probably better than anyone else - in the premiership.

Those more cynical than I might be surprised at the few Liverpool players that perform well enough to join his elites, but that's a good thing. I can only hope and pray that Jurgen too reads it and hands out fines every time one of our lot once again fails dismally. Fucking wage-stealers. 

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Surprised he never picked Fernandes the daft bastard.

He reminds me of 90s footy fans who haven't previously followed footy but want to join the conversation. 

My uncle was like that, he used to come up from Fareham once a year snd just say "how about that patrick vieira" randomly.

Just now, Section_31 said:

He reminds me of 90s footy fans who haven't previously followed footy but want to join the conversation. 

My uncle was like that, he used to come up from Fareham once a year snd just say "how about that patrick vieira" randomly.

A few on here like that to be fair.

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said: