You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nigel Spackman

Rashid

What do you want me to say to that? You make it sound like I know you and I knew what Spackman did for you. It's a great gesture what he did for you and I feel terribly sad about your son but surely I couldn't have known.

I didn't call him a cunt for supporting another team, I did so because on one hand he plays for us in the masters and on TV he says things like "Gerrard should move to Chelsea to further his career" - even during the Euros he gave an interview saying "Gerrard moving to a 'bigger club' like Chelsea would boost England as he would be playing with 'better players' like 'Lamps'." To me as a Liverpool fan that makes him a cunt. And that was said without knowing what did for your son.

Apologies if you took offence, it was not intended.

I'm not suggesting that you knew the circumstances at all, but footballers do do other things as well as play football.

As far as i'm concerned the matter is finished, I accept your apologies, although you were not to know.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

What do you want me to say to that? You make it sound like I know you and I knew what Spackman did for you. It's a great gesture what he did for you and I feel terribly sad about your son but surely I couldn't have known.

I didn't call him a cunt for supporting another team, I did so because on one hand he plays for us in the masters and on TV he says things like "Gerrard should move to Chelsea to further his career" - even during the Euros he gave an interview saying "Gerrard moving to a 'bigger club' like Chelsea would boost England as he would be playing with 'better players' like 'Lamps'." To me as a Liverpool fan that makes him a cunt. And that was said without knowing what did for your son.

Apologies if you took offence, it was not intended.

Well said Rash

I'm not suggesting that you knew the circumstances at all, but footballers do do other things as well as play football.

As far as i'm concerned the matter is finished, I accept your apologies, although you were not to know.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

In fairness to Rash Bernie he obviously didn't know and I'm also inclined to agree with his stance (CRASH - sound of Rash and TLW Regulars fainting ;)).

How anyone, especially an ex-player, can think the Chav's are a bigger club simply because they have an extremely rich sugar daddy is beyond me. He won nothing with Chelsea and indeed played in the old Second Division (now called "The Championship"). He played with Colin Pates, Doug Rougvie, Poison Pixie Nevin and Kerry Dixon. At Liverpool he played with Alan Hansen, Steve Nicol, John Barnes and Peter Beardsley! No contest.

Obviously the national press don't count because they are stupid. I mean what sort of imbecile would claim that Momo (Sissoko) is, and I quote, "the worst player to play for Liverpool"? Step forward Paul McCarthy. Doughboy Samuel once claimed the Matchday magazine was an indictment of how Liverpool have fallen from the top. FFS.

Spackman annoyed me with the comments Rash has posted. As an ex-player you'd think he'd understand that England aren't on the radar as regards most Liverpool fans. Make no mistake I'll be supporting them next summer, but if it's a choice between what's best for the Reds and England, well there isn't a choice. Scotland are my first team as regards internationals and again if I'm honest there is a chasm between my support for them and my support for Liverpool.

Sorry about your lad too mate.

Hope you and your family have a Happy Christmas and Peaceful New Year.

All the best,

Col.

In fairness to Rash Bernie he obviously didn't know and I'm also inclined to agree with his stance (CRASH - sound of Rash and TLW Regulars fainting ;)).

How anyone, especially an ex-player, can think the Chav's are a bigger club simply because they have an extremely rich sugar daddy is beyond me. He won nothing with Chelsea and indeed played in the old Second Division (now called "The Championship"). He played with Colin Pates, Doug Rougvie, Poison Pixie Nevin and Kerry Dixon. At Liverpool he played with Alan Hansen, Steve Nicol, John Barnes and Peter Beardsley! No contest.

Obviously the national press don't count because they are stupid. I mean what sort of imbecile would claim that Momo (Sissoko) is, and I quote, "the worst player to play for Liverpool"? Step forward Paul McCarthy. Doughboy Samuel once claimed the Matchday magazine was an indictment of how Liverpool have fallen from the top. FFS.

Spackman annoyed me with the comments Rash has posted. As an ex-player you'd think he'd understand that England aren't on the radar as regards most Liverpool fans. Make no mistake I'll be supporting them next summer, but if it's a choice between what's best for the Reds and England, well there isn't a choice. Scotland are my first team as regards internationals and again if I'm honest there is a chasm between my support for them and my support for Liverpool.

Sorry about your lad too mate.

Hope you and your family have a Happy Christmas and Peaceful New Year.

All the best,

Col.

This really is the jolly season... Kopite agreeing with Rash???...what next?... Bin Laden and Bush becoming best buds?? ;)

Can't understand why he is so pro-Chav's. He won nothing with them and ended up with a League Championship medal when he was with us.

Well they do have a suite/lounge/corporate thing named after him at their ground. So does David Speedie for that matter.

Amen to that. Spackman was a terrible signing. Never was good enough to pull on the shirt.

I liked him but the side we had at the time the 87-88 vintage and Whelan and McMahon meant he didn't get regular games. He was only here over a year or so and at Chelsea a lot longer so its obvious he is goona be more pro Chelsea.