You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Blunt

cochcaer

Fuck him the high pitched twat.

Reminds me of the walrus Adele moaning she had a £5m tax bill...that's because you earnt £10m you stupid fat cunt.

The number of times I've wanted to use that line at work.  Not just on the super-rich either but on people who just can't grasp how fortunate they are in general.

Had some cunt crying it in about how much tax he had to pay for his company car the other week, was paying tax at 20% on about £3k for it.  Fucking boo hoo, you get a new car every three years and you pay £600 a year for it, tell you what mate go and price up what you could buy for fifty quid a month.  Then kill yourself you fucking shitstain.

• Upvote 1

In think there's a level of income after which you can be satisfied. I think if you could pay off most people's mortgage, give them a reasonable car and put some money away for the kids' degrees they'd be happy enough with that. Adelle and her ilk have got no such worries.

Well, if you're paying it off for them, yeah. But that's different and not many people are going to argue with that.

Income tax is an entirely different matter.

Society promotes and rewards it. No surprise that so many humans are such horrible cunts.

Was kind of my original point. The bit about society, anyway.

edit: Except I don't believe the bit I have just highlighted there. Aside from it being massively subjective, I believe that the vast, vast (vast) majority of people are good.

Was kind of my original point. The bit about society, anyway.

edit: Except I don't believe the bit I have just highlighted there. Aside from it being massively subjective, I believe that the vast, vast (vast) majority of people are good.

I believe that the vast vast (vast) majority of people have the potential to be good.

I'm not actually blaming them for currently being greedy, selfish, and often entirely devoid of compassion. They're conditioned to be a cunt. It's often the only way they can eat.

That BRIT school that Adele and Jessie J went to churns out most of the British music scene nowadays. In the same way that RADA and all the other acting conservatoires in London churn out most of the actors and the The National Film and Television school creates most of the directors, producers, script writers and sound engineers in film.

Three of my friends in school got four A's in A level and two applied for Oxford and one applied for Cambridge. Did they get a look in? absolutely not because they weren't from boarding schools or part of the Eton set, just three very bright young people from Liverpool. There is definately a disadvantage to being working class and from the North as far as creative pursuits go. Almost all famous working class musicians, actors, directors from the north are self made. 

That BRIT school that Adele and Jessie J went to churns out most of the British music scene nowadays. In the same way that RADA and all the other acting conservatoires in London churn out most of the actors and the The National Film and Television school creates most of the directors, producers, script writers and sound engineers in film.

Three of my friends in school got four A's in A level and two applied for Oxford and one applied for Cambridge. Did they get a look in? absolutely not because they weren't from boarding schools or part of the Eton set, just three very bright young people from Liverpool. There is definately a disadvantage to being working class and from the North as far as creative pursuits go. Almost all famous working class musicians, actors, directors from the north are self made.

My mate has just gone to work in Dubai. He'd been a magazine editor in Singapore but came home for family reasons. He'd done all sorts in his time, taught design and written degree programmes but he couldn't get a sniff of anything here. He'd worked for free for a couple of places in the Baltic quarter but couldn't get a job as they were all one and two man bands. He was on the dole and I'd go around and he'd be sat in his dressing gown over his clothes with the heating off playing his guitar getting more and more down, he used to say the people at the top have got it all sewn up, and it was hard to disagree. "Poverty of opportunity" he called it.
  • Upvote 1