You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There are many ads I hate' date=' both on TV and radio, but to name them would defeat the purpose of me adding to this thread, in that I'd still be mentioning their name and thus bringing attention to it, which, even if an ad is shit, is the purpose of advertising in the first place - product awareness.

Whether people are talking about how good or bad an ad is, the result is the same - they're still talking about it and spreading the name. The result being, the advertisers of the product or service and the ad agencies win.[/quote']

I dont know about that because some adverts are just so annoying that I would actively avoid the product they are selling

I concur with that, and there's nothing that will persuade me to buy anything advertised with a shit ad. But the point is that the ad and the product is still being talked about, and that's the aim. So even if you hate it enough to avoid it like the plague, if you talk about that hate, you're still furthering awareness of the product and that may make another person you mention it to buy it.

Bringing to mind the old adage 'There's no such thing as bad publicity.' Many will buy something simply because it's so hated and to be contrary to everyone else.

any ad with three or more "lads" or "female equivalents" enjoying a bottle of beery liquid (or latterly Strongbow ciderette) or in the case of females, eating cereal or using hair removal products, where there are 3 white and one non-white actor and they are always laughing like simpletons at the ludicrousness of it all. Pure racial stereotyping. The implication is that the three white biffas don't go drinking without their patronised non-white mate. And why is it not 2:2 or even 3:1? Anyone who does not see the sickening exploitation of racial minorities is as dim as the directors of these stupid ads and probably feel a warm glow of acceptance.

Teh new Haribo one is fucking dreadful.

Is that the wedding photo one with the kid in an ill-fitting suit holding a bag of Haribo bigger than him?

The Fosters "advice" ads are basically shit, but the Holly Valance one has a decent last part ("That think you're thinking? It won't be that.").

A really shit advert is the compensation one with Joe Pasquale doing voiceovers. "I've had an ak-sea-dunt!" Fuck off you squeaky-voiced unfunny cunt.

Is that the wedding photo one with the kid in an ill-fitting suit holding a bag of Haribo bigger than him?

The Fosters "advice" ads are basically shit, but the Holly Valance one has a decent last part ("That think you're thinking? It won't be that.").

A really shit advert is the compensation one with Joe Pasquale doing voiceovers. "I've had an ak-sea-dunt!" Fuck off you squeaky-voiced unfunny cunt.

No he's on about this fucking shite

Haribo Super Mix Advert - YouTube

There are many ads I hate' date=' both on TV and radio, but to name them would defeat the purpose of me adding to this thread, in that I'd still be mentioning their name and thus bringing attention to it, which, even if an ad is shit, is the purpose of advertising in the first place - product awareness.

Whether people are talking about how good or bad an ad is, the result is the same - they're still talking about it and spreading the name. The result being, the advertisers of the product or service and the ad agencies win.[/quote']

Product awareness is only one possible aim of advertising, there are plenty of others. There is definitely such a thing as bad publicity but a lot of the really annoying ads are just going for recognition, so they don't care if they annoy you because you'll remember them to look for cheap insurance.

The Skoda ads are a good example of not going for recognition but shifting a brand perception.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know about you, but when I'm looking at changing my current account, or shopping around for a new mortgage, the most important question I ask myself about a bank is 'can the staff sing?'

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, HALIFAX.

C246C7B4412973F88B655E_Large.jpg

That advert genuinely makes me feel sick, if it's the one with the two women pretending to be dj's ?? my work's blocked it thank god. First off what kind of dj would just continually play the same verse of a song ?? makes no sense and sounds really annoying, secondly, how are they focusing on there jobs when they've got fucking earphones on and knocking mugs everywhere, soft bitches. The smug fucking look on theire faces, horrible, horrible advert.

I concur with that' date=' and there's nothing that will persuade me to buy anything advertised with a shit ad. But the point is that the ad and the product is still being talked about, and that's the aim. So even if you hate it enough to avoid it like the plague, if you talk about that hate, you're still furthering awareness of the product and that may make another person you mention it to buy it.

Bringing to mind the old adage 'There's no such thing as bad publicity.' Many will buy something simply because it's so hated and to be contrary to everyone else.[/quote']

Yeah, that's how word of mouth works:

"I fucking hate that ad, and the product is shite"

"Yes, I might buy it"

WRONGGGGGGGGG!

And PS: there is such a thing as bad publicity.

That advert genuinely makes me feel sick, if it's the one with the two women pretending to be dj's ??

They were the last set of fucking shit Halifax adverts, they were all vomit inducing those dj ones, especially where that prick goes 'can I borrow your car?' and makes off with someones car keys. PRICK.

These new ones involve loads of Halifax 'staff' in a choir singing in what looks like Abbey Road, singing turgid shite like 'I'll Be There' to demonstrate the fact that their branches are open on saturdays.

What a horrible collection of smug shits -

[YOUTUBE]Uzi6n1P7A0U[/YOUTUBE]

........my wife......my kids......[disgustinglysmugsmirk]......my HOME CINEMA![/disgustinglysmugsmirk]

......my laptop............AND GAP YEAR MEMORIES.

I hope you don't just get burgled, but also sodomised and have your throats cut.

They were the last set of fucking shit Halifax adverts, they were all vomit inducing those dj ones, especially where that prick goes 'can I borrow your car?' and makes off with someones car keys. PRICK.

These new ones involve loads of Halifax 'staff' in a choir singing in what looks like Abbey Road, singing turgid shite like 'I'll Be There' to demonstrate the fact that their branches are open on saturdays.

In fairness I cannot think of any other way they could have demonstrated that.