You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The one with two sisters playing a keyboard and 'singing' some tuneless crap. I don't even know what the advert's for.

Oh, and the BT Sport on with Jake Humphreys, Frank Lampard and the freemason's handshake.

I'd just come here to mention that one.  There's a 2nd one as well such is popularity of the first...

Flo and Joan. Apparently they are comedians.

The always discreet boutique advert has started to annoy me. Granted im not the target audience. Winds me up how she keeps referring to this brown nappy looking first as pretty, presumably because they have stuck some flowers on it. Oh and the woman's voice does my head in too.

Ring.com

I'm not convinced about the idea as a home security solution, and the adverts are appalling and highly unrealistic. An overly-cheerful and helpful delivery man. A woman bullshitting about her kids. The poshest wannabe burglar ever claiming to be looking for his cat. Shite.

Ring.com

I'm not convinced about the idea as a home security solution, and the adverts are appalling and highly unrealistic. An overly-cheerful and helpful delivery man. A woman bullshitting about her kids. The poshest wannabe burglar ever claiming to be looking for his cat. Shite.

Haha yeah.

"Hi I'm a burglar, are you in?"

"Hi yes I'm just upstairs polishing my Samurai sword"

"Oh right thanks I'll try someone else."

• Upvote 2

Ring.com

The fella who's on the phone saying  "...and now I'd like you to leave" to the bloke looking for his cat. The way he says it would make me want to burgle him anyway. No one talks like that.

Apparently the burglar originally had a scouse accent but they dubbed over it

Ring.com

Here's an idea, have a device advertised all over the country that clearly has the company name on it, that is supposed to make burglars think you are home. If only burglars didn't watch tv.

I also don't see the point in the people at home using it to talk to a parent at work, haven't they heard of phones? Hey we need to talk to dad, I know let's go out in the pissing rain outside and chat with him. There's no fucking way a woman is going to stand on the doorstep chatting with her partner in the freezing cold, Are we paying to heat the street?

The one with two sisters playing a keyboard and 'singing' some tuneless crap. I don't even know what the advert's for.

Oh, and the BT Sport on with Jake Humphreys, Frank Lampard and the freemason's handshake.

I mentioned this earlier,but I made reference to the christmas one. It seems they are annoying us all year round now.

I saw an information ad from NHS 111 earlier apparently demonstrating how easily this 'dad' character could spread his flu germs through poor hand hygiene.

Calling the NHS: IF HE REALLY HAD FLU HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN AT WORK ALL DAY!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd just come here to mention that one.  There's a 2nd one as well such is popularity of the first...

Flo and Joan. Apparently they are comedians.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nationwide-advert-singing-sisters-death-threats-abuse-flo-joan-a8246176.html

Nationwide advert singing sisters receive death threats and abuse

Nationwide singing sisters Joan and Flo have been plagued with death threats and vitriolic abuse in the wake of their advertising campaign for the bank.

The comedy duo’s songs, which include a tongue-in-cheek piano and percussion number, have angered viewers since their first Nationwide advert was shown in December.

Nationwide, the largest building society in the world, has said it plans to work in conjunction with the Metropolitan Police to investigate “vile, abusive and misogynistic comments about the duo”.

Joan and Flo, who have gained critical acclaim for their work on the international comedy circuit, were named one of the top ten shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in the Amused Moose Comedy Awards for 2016. The siblings are originally from Portsmouth but are now based in Toronto.

Nationwide’s chief marketing officer Sarah Bennison condemned the abuse in a statement released yesterday.

“When we saw an audition tape for Flo & Joan, gut feel told us all that they [had] a delightfully fresh take on things like loyalty which are at the heart of Nationwide”, she told The Independent.

“Social media has provided a great instant barometer of reaction – good and bad. The huge amount of likes and shares have been great.

“But then there are others who have chosen to post the most vile, abusive and misogynistic, comments about the duo. It is not just our Flo & Joan adverts that generate these comments, it is also our adverts that feature people of different colours, backgrounds and perceived sexuality, which attract the most criticism.

“That’s why it is important to call out those persistent offenders who put out vile comments on a regular basis and who should really know better. That is why Nationwide is looking to work with other brands, industry bodies, such as ISBA, and the appropriate authorities to look at the true scale of this worrying trend to spread hate from behind a keyboard and attempt to create a solution to tackle the issue.

“It’s one thing not to like an advert, another to threaten to kill the stars of it. Abuse is abuse and that’s never okay in our book.”

While some social media users subjected the sisters to abuse, others rushed to their defence and condemned the criticism they received.

“Personally, I find @FloandJoan very entertaining. Any annoyance is caused not by their act but because we get to see the same ad almost every ad break,” Twitter user, Dave Smith, said.

These two would be first up against the wall come the revolution.

Second would be marketing officers who use the phrase "gut feel".

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, reading about these 'death threats' it appears to be just wankers on Twitter saying shit like 'I wish they were dead'. Somewhat cynical too that the police have been called in by nationwide and not the women themselves.

I'm surprised the RSPCA haven't been called in to investigate the amount of kittens its forced people to strangle.