Quantcast
Newcastle to snatch Joaquin? - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Rashid

Newcastle to snatch Joaquin?

Newcastle United - Joaquin confirms interest

25 Nov 2005 21:00

Real Betis midfielder Joaquin has confirmed that Newcastle have shown an interest in him, having previously been linked with Chelsea and Liverpool.

It is thought that the struggling Seville-based club, currently in the Primera Liga relegation zone, may be considering cashing in on one of their prize assets.

Rafael Benitez has dismissed prior speculation linking Liverpool with the winger, but Chelsea and Real Madrid have been mentioned as possible destinations for the Spanish international.

Newcastle became the latest club to be linked earlier this week and Joaquin told Spanish newspaper Marca, "I cannot deny that the rumours are true.

"It is silly to talk about this because there is no offer. A thousand things could happen at Christmas, but right now there is little point in talking about it.

"In these difficult times however, it is always nice that a great Premiership side like Newcastle are interested in you."

Although a move to England could be a possibility, the 24-year-old would prefer to remain in Spain, primarily with a move to Real Madrid.

They're as bad as Everton, "oo look at us we're bidding for XYZ", publicity seeking nomarks.

Saw a quote from Whackeen saying they're a mythical club, I'd say that was fair enough, they're all talk, no substance.

Poor Joaquin. Must feel not wanted when a big club as nufc ask about you.

Be a man. Call Rafa and ask, please com and get me. Then we will stand behind you.

And Rafa, call Ronaldinho and ask about him, just for fun please.

I think Joaquin if he wants to come will have to publically say it and privately call Rafa himself and beg, only then will the price drop to something realistic like £12M. I'd prefer him to Simao as he looks physically stronger.

Great that means he can be emarrassingly easily had off by more average Premiership left-backs like John Arne Riise every week playing for Newcastle instead of us, and we get to save 20m+ in the process. Good deal all round i think.

Great that means he can be emarrassingly easily had off by more average Premiership left-backs like John Arne Riise every week playing for Newcastle instead of us, and we get to save 20m+ in the process. Good deal all round i think.

To be fair Chris, Robben, Duff, Ronaldo, Rooney etc have failed to make any impact against our defence this season in certain games.

We had 2-3 players on him every time the other night, he would be a great addition IMO.

To be fair Chris, Robben, Duff, Ronaldo, Rooney etc have failed to make any impact against our defence this season in certain games.

Why is that ? Is it because Hyypia and Carra suddenly are fast and 1.95/95kg or because of Pepe ? IMO its Pepe.

Btw I dont dare to say that Joaquin not would be a hit in PL.

Newcastle can't afford to buy him, especially after last summers dealings.

Doubt he'd bother going there anyway. Then again, if no big clubs come in for him and he fancies a change he might. This just looks like another "I'm available if any big clubs want me" line though

What is Liverpool's record with big buys like?

Cisse has done OK.

Heskey ended up shit.

Alonso is class.

Then there is the next tier:

Hamann - Class

Crouch - Jury out

Garcia - Class in CL and at home

So not too bad.

Originally Posted by cochcaer

What is Liverpool's record with big buys like?

Recently?

Xabi - Worth twice what we paid for him

Momo - Worth twice what we paid for him

Cisse - Worth half what we paid for him

H*sk*y - Worth half what Leicester paid for him

Diouf - Worthless

In my opinion anyway. I suppose that means we're about evens.

I think Joaquin if he wants to come will have to publically say it and privately call Rafa himself and beg, only then will the price drop to something realistic like £12M. I'd prefer him to Simao as he looks physically stronger.

How many times do you have to be told? Rafa is NOT interested in Joaquin. Joaquin will NEVER play for Liverpool Football Club. The End.

They couldnt afford to buy Michael Owen but they did

They are heavily in debt because of this summers purchases. Their debt has risen by around £25m this summer alone.