You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle to snatch Joaquin?

Rashid

Newcastle United - Joaquin confirms interest

25 Nov 2005 21:00

Real Betis midfielder Joaquin has confirmed that Newcastle have shown an interest in him, having previously been linked with Chelsea and Liverpool.

It is thought that the struggling Seville-based club, currently in the Primera Liga relegation zone, may be considering cashing in on one of their prize assets.

Rafael Benitez has dismissed prior speculation linking Liverpool with the winger, but Chelsea and Real Madrid have been mentioned as possible destinations for the Spanish international.

Newcastle became the latest club to be linked earlier this week and Joaquin told Spanish newspaper Marca, "I cannot deny that the rumours are true.

"It is silly to talk about this because there is no offer. A thousand things could happen at Christmas, but right now there is little point in talking about it.

"In these difficult times however, it is always nice that a great Premiership side like Newcastle are interested in you."

Although a move to England could be a possibility, the 24-year-old would prefer to remain in Spain, primarily with a move to Real Madrid.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're as bad as Everton, "oo look at us we're bidding for XYZ", publicity seeking nomarks.

Saw a quote from Whackeen saying they're a mythical club, I'd say that was fair enough, they're all talk, no substance.

Great that means he can be emarrassingly easily had off by more average Premiership left-backs like John Arne Riise every week playing for Newcastle instead of us, and we get to save 20m+ in the process. Good deal all round i think.

To be fair Chris, Robben, Duff, Ronaldo, Rooney etc have failed to make any impact against our defence this season in certain games.

We had 2-3 players on him every time the other night, he would be a great addition IMO.

Originally Posted by cochcaer

What is Liverpool's record with big buys like?

Recently?

Xabi - Worth twice what we paid for him

Momo - Worth twice what we paid for him

Cisse - Worth half what we paid for him

H*sk*y - Worth half what Leicester paid for him

Diouf - Worthless

In my opinion anyway. I suppose that means we're about evens.

I think Joaquin if he wants to come will have to publically say it and privately call Rafa himself and beg, only then will the price drop to something realistic like £12M. I'd prefer him to Simao as he looks physically stronger.

How many times do you have to be told? Rafa is NOT interested in Joaquin. Joaquin will NEVER play for Liverpool Football Club. The End.