You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Essien and SWP

Rashid

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance, I have turned down jobs offering me more money before. I have refused a job at Whitbread for a lot of money because I don't drink alcohal due to religious reasons. Sometimes money isn't everything.

Says you. I reckon £6 an hour and you'd be fluffing the reserves.

have to say that this thread is fkin hillarious!! Cant we keep it as some sort o specail induction to new members so they know what to expect from Rash?!

Players such as Duff may well not have gone to Chelsea under Bates, as everyone knew they were skint and going nowhere, then along comes Abromovich and it becomes pretty clear his money is going to make them a major force in the game, now dont get me wrong, i despise everything they stand for at the moment but any top class player not already at a massive club would be tempted if Chelsea bid for them, they are going to have a great chance of success and get paid a fortune to do so, hard to turn down, doesnt make them all mercenaries. Those at big clubs, Liverpool, Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus, Milan etc may well say no but the majority of players wouldnt.

Originally Posted by Rashid

No chance, I have turned down jobs offering me more money before. I have refused a job at Whitbread for a lot of money because I don't drink alcohal due to religious reasons. Sometimes money isn't everything.

Why apply for job with whitbread in the first place if you were going to turn it down.I would have thought at a company like that thier products may well have been discussed at an interview and your doubts would hve been raised before any job was offered.

unless of course you were head hunted.

Why apply for job with whitbread in the first place if you were going to turn it down.I would have thought at a company like that thier products may well have been discussed at an interview and your doubts would hve been raised before any job was offered.

Maybe he works for a sandwich bar and walks up and down the street with a billboard advertising special offers.

And the Whitbread brewery owned pub across the road wanted to headhunt Rashid to advertise the price of their Kp salted nuts and lunchtime specials.

Not a dig at you Rash or the Muslim faith, but religions are like a pick and mix mobile phone package. A muslim can decide that alcohol is a big no no, but then still break other rules of the Koran. So, its a case of well yeah I'll follow this rule, but not another one, cos I don't fancy that.

A designer faith, if you will.

I was asked if I wanted to work in Marketing at Whitbread by an ex boss!! My dad told me it was not right, and having thought about it I agreed. It wasn't right to Market something I wouldn't want myself. It was a 15% pay increase, not to bo sniffed for anewly married bloke at the time, I said no. Hundreds would do the same. I know Duff would have been offered 10 times more a week (!) and the principle isn't the same but it is an example.

Note Beni: I currently sell Burgers on a slip road on the M1. ;) Halal Burgers of course. ;)

Was always under the impression we didn't want to spend a big amount on Duff and he signed a contract for Blackburns sake (so they wouldn't get ripped off and he could only leave for a large amount). Houllier wouldn't have paid £17m and he moved to Chelsea in my opinion because they we're the only one' wo would pay that fee for him and they we're on the verge of big things. He did nothing wrong and did Blackburn a favour.

Personally think him moving was more to do with a great opportunity to be patrt of a side that would win things rather than a few extra grand (which no doubt helped.) What a cunt eh?

Also, Xabi never turned down Real Madrid and to my knowledge neither has Rafa. Rash with this post and the Essien/Wright-Phillips are shit post i can see why everyone thinks you talk shit!

I was asked if I wanted to work in Marketing at Whitbread by an ex boss!! My dad told me it was not right, and having thought about it I agreed. It wasn't right to Market something I wouldn't want myself. It was a 15% pay increase, not to bo sniffed for anewly married bloke at the time, I said no. Hundreds would do the same. I know Duff would have been offered 10 times more a week (!) and the principle isn't the same but it is an example.

Note Beni: I currently sell Burgers on a slip road on the M1. ;) Halal Burgers of course. ;)

LOL :D Vegy burgers?

I was asked if I wanted to work in Marketing at Whitbread by an ex boss!! My dad told me it was not right, and having thought about it I agreed. It wasn't right to Market something I wouldn't want myself.

I do admire your principles Rashid and the world would be a better place if everyone had similar control. However where do you draw the line. Would you for instance market tobbacco or work in Macdonalds.

Sometimes religion puts controls on the individual which are nothing but a head F**k. IMHO

I do admire your principles Rashid and the world would be a better place if everyone had similar control. However where do you draw the line. Would you for instance market tobbacco or work in Macdonalds.

Sometimes religion puts controls on the individual which are nothing but a head F**k. IMHO

Islam says to buy someone a drink is the same as drinking it yourself. (Don't worry I always buy the drinks but you get my point?)

But working somewhere blatently like that can be avoided. The other thing is Interest is a sin in Islam whether taking it or paying it, but how many Muslims work in banks?

You have to draw the line somewhere but alcohal is where I draw the line and I am not even a strict Muslim at all.

Islam says to buy someone a drink is the same as drinking it yourself. (Don't worry I always buy the drinks but you get my point?)

But working somewhere blatently like that can be avoided. The other thing is Interest is a sin in Islam whether taking it or paying it, but how many Muslims work in banks?

You have to draw the line somewhere but alcohal is where I draw the line and I am not even a strict Muslim at all.

So why won't Allah be pissed off about all that interest but he will be about you having a drink?

I agree you have to draw the line, I draw it at following rules to appease imaginary characters.