You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa fans today...

dave u

I didn't hear any booing of Crouch when he came on, or when he touched the ball. There was a chant which went up just after he came on, which I couldn't make out and may not even have been directed at him.

I expected them to give him loads of shit, as Villa are traditionally one of the worst small time jump on the bandwagon type fans out there. Pleasantly surprised by them today *

* unless that song I couldn't understand was taking the piss out of Crouchy of course, in case I'm not surprised.

watched on the tv and i thought their fans were shite... our away support was quality and all you could hear was our vast repertoire of songs..

the only thing i heard from them was the usual 'sign on' shite and 'the villa'...

piy our performance wasnt up to the standard of the support... ;)

still 3 points when playing poorly is better than none... :whistle:

so no-one can confirm whether they gave Crouch any shit or not then?

Just got back- from what I could tell he got a good reception from them when he came on- didn't hear any "freak" nonsense.

The worst incident was some nob had sent an urgent message for Michael Shields, which the announcer actually read out at half time.

Just got back- from what I could tell he got a good reception from them when he came on- didn't hear any "freak" nonsense.

The worst incident was some nob had sent an urgent message for Michael Shields, which the announcer actually read out at half time.

What did the message say? was it a proper piss take, or could it have been a genuine message for someone else who happens to be called Michael Shields?

so no-one can confirm whether they gave Crouch any shit or not then?

Villa fans stood to applaud Crouchy when he warmed up and when he came on for Morientes, but I couldn't decipher the chant they had for him. In fairness they had little else to applaud. In contrast there was a very half hearted shout of 'MILAN' from us as the players went off.

Reds fans where I was moaned about Cisse to almost main stand proportions. Crouchy had a good game and certainly added something, but headed straight at the keeper from a relatively easy chance.

Guest attacking_play

I'm pleased gerrard got the goal from the spot..but to my mind, that was the PRFECT opportunity for Crouch to break his duck. He's afraid. It must end.

No. A Captain takes responsibility under pressure, he doesn't force it upon others.

Taking a penalty always has an element of lottery about it, and the last thing on earth Crouch needs right now is to miss a pen. It was easier for him to score that header, which he missed.

EDIT: attacking_play edited his post, which makes my answer look kind of silly...

No. A Captain takes responsibility under pressure, he doesn't force it upon others.

Taking a penalty always has an element of lottery about it, and the last thing on earth Crouch needs right now is to miss a pen. It was easier for him to score that header, which he missed.

EDIT: attacking_play edited his post, which makes my answer look kind of silly...

A penalty is the least Lottery-like thing ever. All that influences the result is the taker, the keeper and possibly a bit of wind...where is the luck?

Put the ball where the keeper can't save it and you'll be amazed how much luckier you seem to get.