You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When we Were Kings Is On Now Sky Mov 3 (muhammed ali / foreman zaire)

bri

• 15 years later...
6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

That 45 second bit in the documentary when he says "the succubus has got him" - that is the only part of this thing that is not a fucking masterpiece.

While that's true Kev aside from that I really enjoyed Plimpton and Mailer's contributions to the film. Ali had Mailer's number though. Loved the bit at the end when Mailer was recounting the time he met Ali later in life and Ali spent a while stroking his ego and then whispered to Mailer's wife out of earshot 'You still with that old dog?' Classic. 

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

While that's true Kev aside from that I really enjoyed Plimpton and Mailer's contributions to the film. Ali had Mailer's number though.  Loved the bit at the end when Mailer was recounting about the time he met Ali later in life and Ali spent a while stroking his ego and then whispered to Mailer's wife out of earshot 'You still with that old dog?' Classic. 

Fantastic.

There's a scene in the Ali movie when he turns to Cosell after their big brouhaha on screen, off camera and says: "Your wife hasn't left you yet? She will. I said to her, "Why you doing this to yourself?".

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

While that's true Kev aside from that I really enjoyed Plimpton and Mailer's contributions to the film. Ali had Mailer's number though. Loved the bit at the end when Mailer was recounting the time he met Ali later in life and Ali spent a while stroking his ego and then whispered to Mailer's wife out of earshot 'You still with that old dog?' Classic. 

Found it:

• Upvote 1

Just now, KMD7 said:

Brilliant Kev. Cosell was a great foil for Ali. Stellar performance from Smith.

Yeah, I rate Ali(the movie) above Raging Bull and Rocky.

It's a very thematically rich, engaging, boss soundtrack, cinematography full 2 and a half hours. Will Smith and Jaime Foxx are serious actors and Michael Mann can turn it on.

The opening scene is just money:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TqYXhGS4FF4